MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Hey!
Sounds like your 1st few days of shred are going better than mine did!
I went full on hammer n tongs at it last summer on day 1...thinking i was relatively fit...how wrong was i! I had to literally roll out of the bed the next morning, was i so much pain...im guessing it was the 2kg weigts i was using. Anyway, i thought no pain no gain and struggled through day 2 and 3, then was totally fine...until Level 2 came, jeeezus i just could n manage it at all! t is now collecting dust on in the drawer, hehe! I am determined to dust it off and get shredding again though :character00115:
Keep up the good work n et us know how you get on x

Hey!
Sounds like your 1st few days of the shred are going better than mine did!
I went full hammer n tongs at it last summer on day 1 with 2kg weights...thinking i was relatively fit...how wrong was i! I had to literally roll out of the bed the next morning, was i so much pain:cry:Anyway, i thought no pain no gain and struggled through day 2 and 3, then was totally fine...until Level 2 came, jeeezus i just could not manage it at all! It is now collecting dust in the drawer, hehe! I am determined to dust it off and get shredding again pretty soon though :character00115:
Keep up the good work n let us know how you get on x

Ah PrincessZoe, I don't have proper weights yet :( I have been using jars of sauce that are sat in the cupboard! They are glass and 500ml so fairly weighty - better than nothing I guess! After my first day my right calve was killing for a couple of days but plugging through it.

Tummy ached again while doing the dreaded Crunch of all crunches! Who knew you could do a crunch, reverse crunch AND an oblique crunch at the same time?! Whoever made this up needs to be shot. Saying that, it has been * week for the last 2 days damn you and I don't think that's helped. Although maybe it's helped with my usual cramping and back ache as that hasn't happened this time around? Hmmm. To ponder.

Anywho, best go crash out so I can be up to do it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall over again in the morning. Yay! :D

Sounds like you're doing brill, so determined! I need to take a leaf out of your book.
Soooo glad it's Friday :) Guna finally do the mushy pea curry tonight! X

PrincessZoe said:
Sounds like you're doing brill, so determined! I need to take a leaf out of your book.
Soooo glad it's Friday :) Guna finally do the mushy pea curry tonight! X

I am very determined at the moment. Today I was sat on my backside on the computer, hearing the DVD calling my name and I was trying so hard to ignore it but just thought oh Ffs it's only 20 mins! Just get it done! So I did. Another day done, tick!

How was the mushy pea curry? I've kinda made it a couple of times but just trying to fine the right tweak to make it totally delicious. Hope you enjoyed sweetie xx

Week 1 of the 30 Day Shred complete! Phew! 23 more days to go, sob! Measurements are being taken tomorrow and fingers crossed there is a little change... Somewhere, anywhere! Even if it's half an inch of my arm or thigh or even ankle! Although I would worry if it came of my ankle or wrist, for some reason they are the daintiest parts on me and if I was to lose inches there I would just be bone!

Bulled out the cupboards with lots of beans and pulses today and am going to have an EE day tomorrow so I can have a scrummy shepherds pie. I can't weigh the mince for a green day if it's all bunged in with loads of vegetables so will just have to have an easy day :)

Tonight I am mainly being amazingly rock and roll, snugged up on the sofa with the new SW mag and a glass of water! May go and make myself some cheesy chips and Mayo just because I can.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend xxx

And yes I did make the cheesy chips! They were delish! Loads of cheese as it's a green day and could have a double HexA making up to 56g! Could you imagine the amount if it was the reduced fat cheddar?!

image-519304086.jpg

And a dollop of ELF Hellmans Mayo for a whole 1/2 syn. Who says diets have to deprive you of gorgeousness on a plate?!

Wow, loving the cheese chips!
Well done for completing your first week, might give it a bash today, even though I am very much hungover :(
Was very naughty last night, went out for meal n opted for chicken Diane, however I did resist the birthday cake and a starter!!
I started the night on a good note and drank vodka diet cokes (even though I despise diet coke with vodka)...but later on a bar was doing 2 for 1 on all cocktails...so couldn't resist a few cheeky cosmopolitans!
Anyway, back on track today :) x

They were amazing! I made them with garlic salt too and took my time really savouring the yummy cheesy gooey-ness.

Well done one having diet cokes with the vodka :) at least that was a positive from it. And you had cosmos - not only gorgeous but much less syns than a creamy cocktail. Saying no to a starter and the pudding/cake deserves a medal :)

Don't be hard on yourself - you have a hangover to plough through which is a toughie on it's own! Just take the positives, forget the negative, and start a fresh new day.

Is bacon and beetroot really that nice together?! Xx

MinkyDinky said:
They were amazing! I made them with garlic salt too and took my time really savouring the yummy cheesy gooey-ness.

Well done one having diet cokes with the vodka :) at least that was a positive from it. And you had cosmos - not only gorgeous but much less syns than a creamy cocktail. Saying no to a starter and the pudding/cake deserves a medal :)

Don't be hard on yourself - you have a hangover to plough through which is a toughie on it's own! Just take the positives, forget the negative, and start a fresh new day.

Is bacon and beetroot really that nice together?! Xx

Thanks hun!
I've battled with the hangover and came out the winner!! So bn food shopping, came home done 3 lots of washing and made a batch of chicken n mushroom curry (5 portions-will nicely see me through the week!) My OH says I'm taking over the freezer...TOUGH, lol!
Shepherds pie has always bn my fave wen I lived at home, have yet to make a SW version though...definitely must try!
X

PrincessZoe said:
Oooo yes, but I do love beetroot with anything! X

I hate the stuff! Tastes like mud, although I had it roasted the other day and tolerated it. Bacon should not be ruined by anything! Served with thick White bread and lashings of butter melting under the hot smokey bacon..... Drool.... :D xx

I hate the stuff! Tastes like mud, although I had it roasted the other day and tolerated it. Bacon should not be ruined by anything! Served with thick White bread and lashings of butter melting under the hot smokey bacon..... Drool.... :D xx

Haha, oooo lashings of butter...thick white bread...now were talking....mega drool!! :gimi:
*week will be here in the next couple days, nicely timed for my first WI (NOT!!) I know i had a blowout on Sat night, but have been really good apart from that, so im still hoping for 1lb loss :scale:
x

PrincessZoe said:
Haha, oooo lashings of butter...thick white bread...now were talking....mega drool!! :gimi:
*week will be here in the next couple days, nicely timed for my first WI (NOT!!) I know i had a blowout on Sat night, but have been really good apart from that, so im still hoping for 1lb loss :scale:
x

I have just got over my * week, needless to say the little bugger assisted with a gain of 1lb. Am ok with it because I know it's going to be off this week.

I am going to have to have a proper Bacon sarnie like that soon... Tastes too good and Hovis wholemeal bread just doesn't cut it.

I'm sure one little night out with a couple of cocktails won't do too much damage. You will have a pound off no probs xx

Ta da!!

image-3955980360.jpgimage-3321011449.jpg
My beautiful little SW friendly cheesecake! I softened a fibre plus bar - HexB - tipped with sweetened quark, mixed with options mint choc hot chocolate sachet. At the time of serving I sliced a strawberry and place on top and voila! Although next time I think I will have to use the alpen light bars as they are softer. The fibre plus bar went all gooey which was great to mould but after being in the fridge it went rock hard and I had to stab it very hard with the spoon! I actually hurt my hand at one point d'oh!

But well recommend, for 1 HexB and 2 syns you can't go wrong! Nommy nommy nom nom!

Hi MinkyDinky!

I just found your Diary - love it, love it!!! It made me laugh out loud at several points (and I'm not even finished it yet) - you have a great sense of humour!

Please share your recipe for homemade coleslaw with me. I'm missing my M&S reduced fat coleslaw SOOO BAD!! They do have coleslaw over here, but it's total cra ... I mean ... it's not very good. :angel09:

Thank you ... have a great day!! :p

Moppet said:
Hi MinkyDinky!

I just found your Diary - love it, love it!!! It made me laugh out loud at several points (and I'm not even finished it yet) - you have a great sense of humour!

Please share your recipe for homemade coleslaw with me. I'm missing my M&S reduced fat coleslaw SOOO BAD!! They do have coleslaw over here, but it's total cra ... I mean ... it's not very good. :angel09:

Thank you ... have a great day!! :p

Sup Moppet! Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings :D

My coleslaw was dead simple - thinly chopped cabbage, grated carrot and thinly sliced red onion. Couple of tbsp of extra low fat Mayo. Done. But I like the spicier things in life so added black pepper, chilli flakes and a touch of cumin. Was so good and perfect for hm burgers :)

How's your week going? Hope all is well in the US of A! Xx

Back