MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Hey,

I have never made it before but I am using a Jamie Oliver recipe (kind of got a little obsessed with his quick cooking over the last week!)

steak & salsa verde | Jamie Oliver | Food | Jamie Oliver (UK)

I will let you know how it goes tonight! xx
yes do… I like Jamie Oliver recipes… theres no style over substance and if you make a mess on the plate it's ok cos so does he… :)

Hope you're feeling a little more chilled/social again very soon xx

Your lunch looks stunning Minks
It was lush xx
yes do… I like Jamie Oliver recipes… theres no style over substance and if you make a mess on the plate it's ok cos so does he… :)

Hope you're feeling a little more chilled/social again very soon xx

Would like to say I felt more chilled... 2 people out the door today. And I booked a meeting with my manager for the morning - And that aint happening! His mum has had a fall and got bleeding on the brain so he is flying to Australia tonight and will be gone for several weeks. My head hurts. Need sweet food :( xx

Crikey honey, sounds like you're really suffering you poor thing. It's amazing how work stress just gets to totally on top of you. Is there anyone in HR, for example, you can talk to about the way you're feeling?

Hope you've got some Alpen or Hifi bars to satisfy your craving xx

Crikey honey, sounds like you're really suffering you poor thing. It's amazing how work stress just gets to totally on top of you. Is there anyone in HR, for example, you can talk to about the way you're feeling?

Hope you've got some Alpen or Hifi bars to satisfy your craving xx

Its really draining. My head feels full of pressure too probably owed to the glorious weather. HR is a new manager who is quite awkward to talk to but I may just have to bite the bullet and approach her next week. Let all this crap die down I guess. But if you know of any jobs that pay well for little hours, please shout ;)

Threw together some fruit n yogurt. I really want a biscuit though but have settled for the 'good' option (mainly because I have no biscuits on me!) Xx

1370962375217.jpg

Mmm fruit and yog always feels strangely indulgent to me. Hopefully it'll hit the spot and you can have a proper little treat when you get home.

If your boss is away for a few weeks I think HR might be a good option. Not ideal...but at least if you get it off your chest, you might feel a little easier? I will definitely keep my eyes open - what is it you're after in terms of type of role?

I was reading about your Mirena earlier - I have one too and think I definitely have certain little blocks of days when I feel very emotional (grumpy/angry/sad/a mixture of the above!) It's hard to track because I haven't had a star week for four years so I have no idea why my cycle is any more! xx

Minky, you'd make an amazing Slimming World consultant.
It's not an easy job,but it is a lot of fun and very rewarding. Some consultants do very well finacially if they have big sessions or 2 or 3 groups.
It might be worth talking to your consultant about the opportunities events going on in Sussex at the moment-its worth going just to find out more or if its something you'd be interested in.
No pressure from me, just saying you would be so good at it xx

Evening all! Quickie post because my head kills so just want to go for a bath and sleep. Work wise - I run a helpdesk for an energy company but I also do accounts sales and purchase ledger, IT system training and various reporting for management. And who knows how much more I will have to take on with redundancies.

Dinner were a beaut and I fully recommend the jamie oliver salsa verde. Loved it. Had with HexB crushed roast new potatoes with garlic fried green stringless beans and baked courgette.

1370977756145.jpg

Going to make a banana split for pudding as I've only had 4 syns so far today xx

Minkx sorry to hear about your work. Hope everything works out soon. Big Hug xx

By the way did you know stress makes your body tense and retains water. Once you are relaxed again you see the loss overnight.

Have a relaxing evening.

Hey minks - crap news on the work front. We have just had some shocking redundancies - fantastic people gone who have been at our office for year, one lady was there for 25 years and she was brilliant at her job. It's horrible because if it isn't you it's someone else and it's sad to think people out of work. The whole office has a fug of sadness about it. I hope you are safe. Judging by all you do already you don't seem able to take on more...you would be surprised the amount of extra work they think they can lump on people without people getting stressed. It's really bad business. Make the big wigs take pay cuts! That's what i say. Support staff are exactly that ... Support. Without support things fall down.

Grrrrr - sorry rant over.

Foodwise your proscuttio salads are looking sexy, I need to get me some of that!

Xxx

Thanks guys for being totally awesome and cheering me up. You all rock xxx

Today is another red day.

Breakfast wm crackerbreads topped with philli light. 3 with bbq chicken 1 syn and 3 with nana (HexA and B)

Lunch prawn stir fry

Dinner roast spicy chicken with lemony bombay potatoes hexb and roast cumin cauliflower and asparagus

Got me some cherries, plums and an apple for throughout the day. No other syns planned yet but guarantee I can rack some up tonight.

Thanks guys for being totally awesome and cheering me up. You all rock xxx

Today is another red day.

Breakfast wm crackerbreads topped with philli light. 3 with bbq chicken 1 syn and 3 with nana (HexA and B)

Lunch prawn stir fry

Dinner roast spicy chicken with lemony bombay potatoes hexb and roast cumin cauliflower and asparagus

Got me some cherries, plums and an apple for throughout the day. No other syns planned yet but guarantee I can rack some up tonight.

Morning minks where did u get the lemony Bombay pot recipe from? Ta Hun xx

if you like the convenience of the coil, but feel the merena is messing with your head, it might be worth discussing with your doc about getting the copper coil instead. I opted for that myself recently and my Doc said it wasn't a common request most people take the merena, but the copper coil has no hormones and I liked the idea of having something that didn't manipulate my body that way.

Hope you have a good day x

Hey Hun
Sorry I've not been on for a while just been very poorly and had a really hard time at work too.
I lost 2lbs this week at SW and got my half a stone award :)
Looking forward to getting back on real SW food again after this strict (banana, plain yogurt & honey diet I'm on at the mo). Check up tomorrow with the Dr again & hoping he can finally diagnose me with something.

So what you been up to? I've really missed chatting to you all.
Love Stacey xxxx

Back