MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

i'm on the injection and it's due 14th feb which is at 10 weeks not 12 weeks. it just seems the earlier i get it the earlier i get a breakthrough bleed! bloody typical! it only happens when i'm in full CD throws! when i'm more 'faithful' to CD! i can't help running around. i spent some of my evening bathing the kids, getting them ready for bed, tidying, putting clothes away, popping on the washing machine on, drying clothes. more tidying, putting on the dishwasher, then learning 2 zumba dances, then visiting my screaming daughter and changing her bed. now i'm 'relaxing'. had to peg it with the water tonight. i was 2 pints down so i drank 2 pints of water within an hour. now i'm constantly needing to pee!

i'm on the injection and it's due 14th feb which is at 10 weeks not 12 weeks. it just seems the earlier i get it the earlier i get a breakthrough bleed! bloody typical! it only happens when i'm in full CD throws! when i'm more 'faithful' to CD! i can't help running around. i spent some of my evening bathing the kids, getting them ready for bed, tidying, putting clothes away, popping on the washing machine on, drying clothes. more tidying, putting on the dishwasher, then learning 2 zumba dances, then visiting my screaming daughter and changing her bed. now i'm 'relaxing'. had to peg it with the water tonight. i was 2 pints down so i drank 2 pints of water within an hour. now i'm constantly needing to pee!

Morning Nikki,

Does OH work nights? It sounds as if you are home alone with the kids.

What two dances? From the new training you did?

If you have "break-through" does that mean you can get pregnant?

Anyway, I hope Ems slept though and you got some rest. Try to enjoy your day off!

Thursday-Glitters-2.gif

Morning

I keep meaning to ask, whats CFF stand for?

Whats the news for the weekend then - any plans?

mel, my flaming face is killing me! i've got a small patch of excema (sp) starting and it's red, sore and itching like mad! i'm also cold, my nose is running and i can hardly type and just want a nap but i'm off to get ems in 10 mins. then off to tumble tots!

hope you're having a fabby friday!

Morning Nikki,

Does OH work nights? It sounds as if you are home alone with the kids.

What two dances? From the new training you did?

If you have "break-through" does that mean you can get pregnant?

Anyway, I hope Ems slept though and you got some rest. Try to enjoy your day off!

Thursday-Glitters-2.gif

my OH doesn't work nights, only if he's behind with his work (own business). i'm learning 2 dances that i've wanted to do for ages! 5 letras and zorba! zorba is to replace hava nagila! i can't get pregnant but it's just annoying! i need a wine! :(

Morning

cff = cheese fiend friend! i believe! :D if i understood correctly! might be wrong. mel will correct

Friday, February 3, 2012

Afternoon,

I'd better start three postives before I launch into my whinge-fest. ;)

1) Washing machine still works (and good thing as DD realised that I wore my PJs that matches hers last night... and she did not. So I had wash mine to rewear tonight... busted!)

2) Ordered myself a NEW iphone 3gs from the U.S. so I am moving on to 21st Century techonolgy, once it arrives.

3) Ordered DD's birthday gift -- may (fingers crossed) get here in time. (Ice skates and a bag!)

Morning

Kids have their BFFS (Best Friends Forver) and my friend L's son (jokingly) asked me if his mum was my BFF. I said, "She's my CFF! Cheese Fiend Friend!!!" And she is a total cheese fiend... I've tried to get to diet with me a zillion times, but the only diet she really can make work for her is Atkins because you can have cheese (lots of cheese) on it!

Although, being the supportive friend she is... she went with me a visited a weight loss group on Wednesday and we're going to try and do this together.

Update on CFF -- the doctors now say the tumour is not on the pituitary gland, but next to it on the brain's membrane. They say that they want to "watch it" because to operate on it would be very dangerous as it is pressing the carotid artery and has a ganglia wrapped around an optic nerve. Needless to say -- this is worrying. CFF will see the surgeon pretty soon for a further explantion... but I am starting to do research on where she should go for second opinion (Stateside).

Ice skating lessons for DD, then she also has homework (a big ICT project). We may try to do something like see a film. Nothing set in stone... what about you?

hope you're ok Mel, wrap up warm and enjoy the very very very cold and supposed to be snowy weekend! :)

For once it'll be as cold outside the ice rink as it is inside! lol

mel, my flaming face is killing me! i've got a small patch of excema (sp) starting and it's red, sore and itching like mad! i'm also cold, my nose is running and i can hardly type and just want a nap but i'm off to get ems in 10 mins. then off to tumble tots!

hope you're having a fabby friday!

Nikki, I know you are probably stocked up -- but get only the lactose free CD products the next time. Try going lactose free -- there is a link between ezcema and dairy. (CFF has Ezcema and when she is scratching like crazy... I always, "Hitting the cheese again, I see.")

Thanks -- It was been okay even though nothing has gone as planned.

cff = cheese fiend friend! i believe! :D if i understood correctly! might be wrong. mel will correct

Bingo!

Warning Whinge-Fest

Crazy Day!!! My piano teacher needed to move my lesson to the afternoon, after I'd rebooked a beauty treatment appointment (waxing, eyebrows dyed) for right after the original lesson time) so I had to drive 30 minutes (round trip) to that appointment (when they would have been back to back and near each other)... but on the way home I visted the Dunelm Store sale and got some nice things for the family bath on offer.

I had lunch, then rushed out to my lesson (15 minutes one way) planning to go to aquafit afterwards... forgot my music in search for the swimsuit I prefer! *Sigh*

Had my lesson and rushed (20 minute drive) to aquafit to find out the class had been cancelled. Decided to make the best of it and go to main gym and use the Pure Relaxation Suites (Sauna and Steam)... and they were close today for necessary repairs. *Sigh*

Decided to make the best of this... and visit the nearby Cath Kidson Outlet -- and -- over a hundred pounds later I left with three birthday gifts (DD's friend, somethign for DD, and something for my Friend E), a Mother's Day gift -- and three more gifts (cool bags).

Then, I went to the base police station to register my ID card (as the deadline looms) only to find out I was being fungerprinted and PHOTOGRAPHED (mind you I was heading to aquafit, so no make-up and hair a mess -- tattly clothes, too) *sigh*

I can only hope that when the guards compare me person to my computer image I'll hear, "Wow, you looks so much better in person." Or I've even take, "You really do not photograph well."

Post office to mail something my DD wanted to send to her cousin... U.S. postage has increased again and it cost almost as much the item. *sigh*

Anyway, food has been very good for the past three days and I am not tracking on MYFitnessPal. I have been under 1200 calories a day and eating a balanced (low carb, low fat) diet. I have also been okay with the water.

However, fitness has been an issue. DD's piano lesson ran late Wednesday and I missed Aquafit; the Thursday evening class was cancelled and now the Friday class was cancelled (instructor illness, perhaps the same instructor?). So, I really need to do something even it is WiiZumba at home. I should also use those Kettle Bells which I've not done for a few days -- I want to do them everyother day (alternating with Aquafit).

Anyway, Dh just got home and so I better get going on dinner.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

SCORE!!!

Starting with my 3 postives:

1) Washing Machine still working and in use atm!!!

2) DH agreed to take DD to ice skating (but I did agree to so some ironing).

3) I've stuck to my "new" plan since my Wednesday start!

I am looking forward to the snow as long as I do not have to go out in it. The 900 year old church across the street looks amazing covered with snow.

I have had a headache for most of the past two days -- and I think I will (finally) take something for it. I was hoping upping my water, and having a sleep would help but it has not. :sigh:

Fitness is an epic fail... but not entirely my fault. My scheduling conflict and two cancellations contributed... but this missing out on planned fitness is what led to my slow, steady regain after I reached goal in 2008. I am trying to get back to goal -- and not using a VLCD -- so the exercise is paramount in generating losses.

Anyway, I have spent too much time on Minis this morning and have to get busy with housework, fitness, homework, etc.

L8R!

Hi,

I am unlikely to visit or post in this diary any longer. As it is on the CD forum and since I have a Gold diary I will not ask to have this moved by our lovely Mods.

I still have some CD products and quite like them... but I have not been well and truly using CD in any proper form since last April (when I weighed 16 pounds less than I do now). In June, I tried moving off CD to lose the last stone and learn how to maintain. So, I joined Weight Watchers which was an epic fail (my fault: when my friend left for the States and I was going on my own... I gave up).

I started a regain and am now nearly two stones from goal. I using My Fitness Pal and tracking my food (calories, carbs, etc.) and also will really focus on my fitness levels (I have a very low BMR). My friend and I joined a weight loss group -- so we will be weighed weekly (keeps me focused) and will also get some help and support this way.

I will be using mostly food and fitness, very few replacements so I feel that this forum is not the place for my diary.

I wish everyone on CD well -- it does work, it works fast... but my experience has been that once you are off the products and eating real food if you have not someone miraculously learned how to manage your food (whilst not having any) you tend to regain.

And, I truly think my Minis name should be YoYoMel because that is what I have been doing.

L8R

Hi,

I am unlikely to visit or post in this diary any longer. As it is on the CD forum and since I have a Gold diary I will not ask to have this moved by our lovely Mods.

I still have some CD products and quite like them... but I have not been well and truly using CD in any proper form since last April (when I weighed 16 pounds less than I do now). In June, I tried moving off CD to lose the last stone and learn how to maintain. So, I joined Weight Watchers which was an epic fail (my fault: when my friend left for the States and I was going on my own... I gave up).

I started a regain and am now nearly two stones from goal. I using My Fitness Pal and tracking my food (calories, carbs, etc.) and also will really focus on my fitness levels (I have a very low BMR). My friend and I joined a weight loss group -- so we will be weighed weekly (keeps me focused) and will also get some help and support this way.

I will be using mostly food and fitness, very few replacements so I feel that this forum is not the place for my diary.

I wish everyone on CD well -- it does work, it works fast... but my experience has been that once you are off the products and eating real food if you have not someone miraculously learned how to manage your food (whilst not having any) you tend to regain.

And, I truly think my Minis name should be YoYoMel because that is what I have been doing.

L8R
I second everyone word you have written Mel.. this week i have not posted in my diary about CD.. because i havent really been on it and amazed to say ive lost 3 lbs this week.... 'without' CD or Exante.. and exercised a bit with shred and kettleworx..!

I have just posted in Nikki's diary and read her recent post.. and I have been thinking about all this yo-yo ing on VLCD's and i can finally say im 'done too'.! so i won't be looking for anymore cdc's LOL or buying anymore exante.. how i lost 3 lbs :) :) this week is by eating less and not snacking during the day. And by drinking 2.5 litres of water at school.... (Mel im rambling on again in your diary ) sorry :)

but this week I have finally said"no more"... ;) Time to think about my health and be grateful for the strong health i have today..!

Thanx Mel xxxx

sorry to lose your humour and energy from our corner of minis, but i wish you very well, honey.xxx

Mel, I personally think you have made a very sensible decision. It is so hard to get back to that 'golden' time on VLCD, I have struggled and failed to get back to that place, so have many others and it just messes with you head in the end.

Sensible food and some exercise thrown in for good measure is the way to go. It just becomes an obsession otherwise, which is very unhealthy and self-defeating.

You concern me when you say "If you ever go back on CD" please don't. VLCD is not the go to diet....trust yourself that you can do this the sensible way. You will, I know it.

xxxx

Back