MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

1) sent DD off to school
2) cleaned up kitchen, emptied dishwasher, reloaded, swept floor
3) checked minis
4) responded to emails
5) paid a bill online
6) minis
7) internet shopped and bought DD a new swimsuit -- it is a UK 2/4. DD is now 1/2" taller than I am... so, I think if I lose aobut 50 pounds I should be able to wear her clothes! lol
8) minis
9) did my KW intro workout (3rd time)
10) minis
11) tossed some paperwork

... I have spent entirely too much time on minis today.

hey hun just catching up on you as you always give me great advice on my diary and I am rubbish at keeping up with other people !!!
You do make me feel very lazy reading about everything you do all day , I seem to spend the days redoing all the same jobs over and over !!!
Hows the kettlebell going ? I am waiting for DHs first pay check and hoping to get myself a bell and a DVD :D

hey hun just catching up on you as you always give me great advice on my diary and I am rubbish at keeping up with other people !!!
You do make me feel very lazy reading about everything you do all day , I seem to spend the days redoing all the same jobs over and over !!!
Hows the kettlebell going ? I am waiting for DHs first pay check and hoping to get myself a bell and a DVD :D

I think all I do is run on a treadmill -- covering the same distance and getting no where. The life of a stay-at-home parent, I guess.

afternoon Mel :)
How're you doing? What days do you weigh in?

I'm okay for the most part, thanks.

I am supposed to weigh on Tuesdays but my CWPC has been cancelling appts, etc.-- she is very busy and I've not seen her in a few weeks (I had quite a stockpile of products and am running low). I weighed myself on Wednesday and it looked a STS. I need to really find something with better support.

12) Sorted and booked DD's birthday party. We will get the invitations done tonight and she can give them out tomorrow and Monday.
13) Confirmed arrangements for a friend to sleep over with DD and skate with us Saturday morning.
14) Helped DS book a doctor's appt (he is there now)
15) DD is home and her backpack has been checked, lunch box emptied and cleaned, water bottle placed in dishwasher
16) She has walked her little dog and is changing for gymnastics
17) I will head up to grocery store in a few -- if her brother is not back she'll have to go with me.

Last edited:
Mel where did you get your kettlebell dvd from?

It came free with the Kettle Bell.

I've ordered from Ebay.com two DVDs:
Kettleworx Introduction
and
Kettleworx Fast Fat Burn

And once I get those and see if I stick with it --

I will order the Kettleworx Core,
Kettleworx Resistance and Kettleworx Cardio DVDs.

I think each DVD is a 6 week programme.

But one woman on the "Secret of Shaping Up" thread has posted about alternating workouts, so instead of doing one DVD three times a week -- she does two DVDs each three times a week and rests on one day. You can do this if you alternate muscle groups.

18) grocery shopped
19) picked up cake for birthday gift
20) put away groceries
21) tidied kitchen
22) --DH did gymnastics transport :)
and I packed my bag for aquafit
23) there are leftovers for dinner -- so I will sort those and go get fit! Aquafit... that is! ;)

Hola mel!

Just checking in...my my..I thought I was busy.

I am having to get with the programme. Working from home tomorrow so *may* crack on with the ironing pile then!

Just popping by to see how you are doing - sounds like you are as busy as always.

Keep it up - no rest for the wicked - or a mother!

been a busy bee myself so trying to catch up with diaries. off to bed soon as i'm shattered again! back to work tomorrow.

Morning Mel :)

Trisha regarding the kettle bell I got fine from Argos.. A blue one around Christmas time and im selling my DVDs on eBay to :) x

Friday, January 27, 2012

Hi --

Thought I'd start with three positives:

1) The Sun is OUT!!! (This is always a biggie with me!)
2) The new washing machine is out of the box, in place and hooked up... but I may need to wait for DH to "level" it? So, perhaps, tonight or tomorrow I can "take it for a spin".
3) I went to aquafit last night -- despite being haunted by the "Spirit of S*d It". (Who has apparently shown up after I caught the S*D It Fairy and placed her under lock and key.)

I thought you got your kettlebell fom Tesco? I'll have to have a look around for one

I bought one at Tesco.Direct but the top segment's internal threads were moulded incorrectly and it would not assemble correctly. DH said it looked like it would strip in no time and potentially fall apart mid-swing. So, I complained via email and they had it picked up and I'll get my money put back in my account.

I was offered a replacement, but if this one was malformed, do I want another. Seeing that made us think about the "plastic" threading and the weight vs stress... and DH said, "Use the 10lb one you already have, and buy a heavier neoprene coated iron one when you need to up the weight."

Just popping by to see how you are doing - sounds like you are as busy as always.

Keep it up - no rest for the wicked - or a mother!

I have to laugh at my lists of what I am doing... how dull is my life? But, I AM hoping that by actually listing stuff -- like when you write down what you really are eating -- it'll make me be more conscious of what I am or am not doing.

been a busy bee myself so trying to catch up with diaries. off to bed soon as i'm shattered again! back to work tomorrow.

Not really. I hope you have a good day at work.

Morning Mel :)

Trisha regarding the kettle bell I got fine from Argos.. A blue one around Christmas time and im selling my DVDs on eBay to :) x

Why are you selling the DVDs? Kettle Bells not for you? Or have you found other DVDs you prefer (Advanced)?

Last edited:
Yaaay glad to hear you finally have your washer :).. No more late nighy laundry rins for you. Good job on all the fitness as well enjoy the burn! Lol

Helllloloooooooooooo mel! It's the weekend! Yeah!

Busy, busy, busy day. Got DD to the Ortho and her retainer fitted. She only has to wear it at night (new protocols). Makes me think of my poor older sister and the headgear she wore 24/7 over two years.

headgear.jpg

Did not have the SatNav so DD helped me use the map to find out way from the ortho to her school -- and she did so well (I do not think she has ever tried to read a road map).

We got school, signed her in, she went off to class and I made a payment on her school trip... and then the speech unit asked me to come and meet up with the LEA audiologist to discuss DD's equipment and options. It was a long informative visit (for both her and I) and I think we have this whole confusing situation sorted (for the most part). It turned out quite by accident that she learned that it was her changing the setting on DD's ear piece that has most likely cause the fault. I still want to upgrade as it is old technology -- so, we'll see what our insurance and private audiologist recommends.

Left the school and stopped by MI5 Spy Missions to pay for DD's birthday party. So, that is booked and paid for -- now to get the invitations ready to go out Monday. The party is not until the end of next month, but half-term will be here in no time. Since Tescos is right there, I popped in... and Trish, they have the Kelly Holmes 4kg kettle bell with TWO DVDs (three routines) on offer for 7.50 pounds! They have 30 pounds as there original price.

Then I went to pick up my mail on the American Post -- they've cut the hours to 13 a week -- and they had today off as a "Wingman" day! (A free day for good work... it is not difficult to do a good job when you are only at it 13 hours a week.) So, now DH will have to pick up my parcels (I had four pick-up notices) tomorrow between 10 a.m. and noon... or I have wait until Tuesday at noon (12 to 4).

Then it was the American grocery store to get some bits I forgot yesterday, home to bake cookies from my friend C's 23 year old son (for his birthday). I plan to bake him cookies once a month... kind of like the magazine subscription his mom gave him" "a gift that keeps on giving". This was month #2.

Then, I made dinner for the friend and my family -- Chicken Enchiladas (I use WW Mexican Cheese, boiled chicken breasts, the sauce is low sodium and tomato salsa based, and the tortillas are whole wheat low carb). And, I made Mexican Rice -- but served DH using the RC portion pots (as I am trying to take the 20 lbs ish regain of the 42 he lost last year).

All is cleared up and the dishwasher is running. DH took DD to her swim training; DS has gone out to a party; and I am off now to pick up DD's friend for a sleep over. The friend will go with us to DD's ice skating lesson. After DD skates, the friend and I will join her on the ice for the "open skate session". After that I will take them out to lunch -- and I'll have my 810/1000 meal with them then. (I will make pork chops for dinner tomorrow, so MAM will be my meal -- as I do not eat pork.)

I am hoping that DH will level the clothes washer tonight, so I can start catching up on my laundry! Whoop! I live such an exciting life. ;)

WHAT is MI5 spy missions - that sounds like a birthday party I would like to have, never mind the kids!

Also curious to know what they would sell in an American grocery store that is different to Tesco? I bet its loads of fun stuff, don't know why but American food always sounds more fun.

Back