MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

WHAT is MI5 spy missions - that sounds like a birthday party I would like to have, never mind the kids!

It used to me called Spy Masters. The kids dress in black like Mission Impossible and trainers. It is a maze of rooms built inside and old warehouse. They enter the game by going down a zip wire, then they have to crack a code to get into a safe to get a clue as to what to do next, etc. it takes them about an hour and 15 min to complete the "hostage rescue" or "weapons recapture" or whatever the scenario is.

A lot of adults do this as a "Corporate Team Building thing". I did not play, but I was taken through the game and had it all explained to me before I booked DD's birthday party a couple of years ago.

Also curious to know what they would sell in an American grocery store that is different to Tesco?

All the stuff you see on a American Television Programmes. ;) American brands and products -- you can get a lto things in Tescos now that you used to not be able to do so (like Betty Crocker mixes, Old El Paso Mexican Food kits, etc.).

But to give you an idea of what I get -- I bought Frozen German style Bretzels (big soft pretzels I can put in the toaster for DD for breakfast), American Cold Cereal (bad kind -- Lucky Charms and Fruity Pebbles), various sauces and mixes (incl. Betty Crocker Gluten Free mixes and Rice Chex (cold cereal) and Gluten free pancake mix for DD's friend who was sleeping over last night, Campbell's soups, Old El Paso or other American Mexican Food stuff, I buy almost all my meat on base (cheaper and better), laundry detergent, etc. --

It be easier to say what I buy off base (at Tescos, etc.) fresh fruit and vegetables, some British or Asian things I like, Walkers Crisps for DD's lunches (but my son always wanted Frito Lay products when he was at school), Vanish powder for white clothes, Harpic tablets, fresh baked goods for DS...

I bet its loads of fun stuff, don't know why but American food always sounds more fun.

It is a lot more fun. I just bought some Valentines' Day Cake mixes and Frosting for DD's birthday.

So how was your weekend?

So how was your weekend?

Thanks for asking. DD's sleep over went very well. I think the girls had a good time. It is first time she has had a friend from primary school sleep over this school year. They all started secondary school and she went to one school and her friends went to the local one. DD had missed her friends a lot.

The girls went ice skating Saturday morning. DD had her group lesson, then the friend and I joined her on the ice for the open session. It was the friend's first time on ice skates. I was impressed. She was cautious but brave and did very well. I skated with the friend for the most part giving a little bit of instruction (but I am no Kateria Witt).

After the skating, I took them to McDonalds (and I had lunch, too - not very 810 of me -- I should have had the salad). And, then we came back here to bake cookies. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip for the friend (she took the extras home with her) and regular ones for DD and DS.

Then, they settled in to do some art before the friend went home. It was same friend that went to Pajama Bowling with us a couple of weekends ago. I think they are going to make an effort to find time for each other. DD has been very lonely this school year.

Today, we spent doing a lot of schoolwork. DD is now ahead (some things weren't due until February 6th -- as she kept complaining), but she is very busy weeknights with her swimming 3x a week, piano lesson/practice and gymnastics.

I've been using the washing machine and getting caught up on the laundry. It'll be good to be able to have it all done at some point. (The ironing mountain has grown... I have to do something about this, asap.)

Our kettle passed away this evening. :sigh: Since I bought it in Germany that makes it at least 8 years old -- so, I am not too dismayed. I have already reserved a new RED one at Argos. I'll pick it up tomorrow. I'll need to pop into Sainsbury's for some fresh fruit and veg -- and I may need to see the guy at the 3 Store, if I can't get my new sim to work in current phone. So, I had to go downtown anyway.

I want to try to do some daytime fitness because I will miss aquafit tomorrow night because I agreed to go play Bunco on the RAF Base with the wives' group. I have not seen most of these ladies in months, so it'll be nice to catch up with whomever shows up.

Mel! You make me dizzy! All that activity - now what is Vinci? Enquiring minds want to know!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Starting with Three Positives:

1) My kettle (at least 8 years old) passed away last night, but I had a spare (and knew where it was!!!), plus I used it as an excuse to reserve a new RED one at Argos... which I will pick up today.

2) DH and DD overslept, but I woke up like clockwork and got them sorted in a timely fashion.

3) I'm planning to go out and play BUNCO with the RAF Ladies and I've not seen them in ages. It should be a good night out (and I do not have many of those these days).

garfield+and+scale.gif

I do not know if my scales will lie -- as I've not been willing to get on them. I SHOULD see my CDC tomorrow at 11 and get sweighe, plus pick up some more product. I am at the point now that I am thinking about switching to someone else because of the lack of support. But, I do know that I can make a combination of CD and food (South Beach style -- low GI, low Carb) work for me (us).

But, I keep faffing about and not really "doing this". I need to make a commitment and get on with it. (It has not helped that my CDC has gone AWOl -- and I know that I neeed to find some support somewhere else.)

I had been doing well with the fitness the past couple of week -- but the combination of KettleBells and the Aquafit "Arms only" instructor Thursday (back to back) really did a number on me. I'm not as sore today and so plan to get back at it.

I'll have to do something at home or find a daytime class that works with my obligations.

@Nat

now what is Vinci?

As in Leonardo? Not sure what you are asking here.

Ooh - a new red kettle. That will be nice. I like bright cheerful kitchens.

I went to see a hairdresser on saturday and spent the 1st 20 minutes talking about her new cooker - I really want a new cooker. I am looking at a double over, but the only one I can find that fits in under a counter is SO expensive - but its as close as I can get to a range without cutting up my worktop, which I don't want to do - but I only have space for a 900 double.

Built-in Ovens | Built In Single | Double Oven Selection | Britannia LivingBuilt In Hobs | Built In Hob Selection | Britannia Living

My cooker is so old, and burns everything. I swear the heat changes depending on what mood it is in.

Ooh - a new red kettle. That will be nice. I like bright cheerful kitchens.

I went to see a hairdresser on saturday and spent the 1st 20 minutes talking about her new cooker - I really want a new cooker. I am looking at a double over, but the only one I can find that fits in under a counter is SO expensive - but its as close as I can get to a range without cutting up my worktop, which I don't want to do - but I only have space for a 900 double.

Built-in Ovens | Built In Single | Double Oven Selection | Britannia LivingBuilt In Hobs | Built In Hob Selection | Britannia Living

My cooker is so old, and burns everything. I swear the heat changes depending on what mood it is in.

If people ask you what you want for your wedding gifts -- suggest that they contribute towards the new cooker.

We have asked for Honeymoon contributions or John Lewis vouchers I think - tbh we are not really asking for anything as we have lived together that long. The cooker would have been a good idea! Tch.

If people ask you what you want for your wedding gifts -- suggest that they contribute towards the new cooker.

we did something similar. we asked for contributions to a new seatee (sp?). we still have it now 7 years on.

Morning Mel hope weigh goes well for you my lovely :)

And if it was me I would change CDC if you are not 100% happy ... I've done the same this week shocking I know she was nice enough.. But the encouragement wasn't there and I know this because she kept saying "oh u don't have alot to lose" u carry it very well.. Mmmm I felt as if I wasn't one of her clients she 'cared' about because' I have only a stone to lose' bet she thinks I can cope without the support???? :( When I rang her first to book she asked how much I had to lose.. I told her she said I can drop the products to you. I asked do u weigh and measure etc? " no only if u come to me" :( :( I should of realised then.... I must say in 2009 my last stone wasn't as hard to shift as it is this time round.... Anyway :)

But know she's totally wrong ... I may have a stone but I'm struggling every minute of the day at school :( and everyday is a restart. So Ive knocked her on the head by a text message on the weekend...!!

I know the diet works and this is the only diet for me... All I want is weekly support ;) am I asking for to much? Or being silly ?

I'm giving myself till March to lose this weight no rush but it needs to be done by then..!

Sorry for going on... I should of used my own diary haha

Have a good day xx

Last edited:
Hi Shanny,

Morning Mel hope weigh goes well for you my lovely :)

I weighed at home and am up by about three pounds -- I know that KBs can sometimes cause a slight jump (initially) but I think I have been having too many carbs and not sticking the programme well at all.

I'm now rebooked for a 25 minute slot on Thursday -- I am not sure if I will go. (I might go and get weighed, get some products, but then I may not continue... the support just hasn't been there, never was great -- but is nil now.)

CFF and I are going to visit a Slimming World class in the next village tomorrow morning. The class has been going for years, the leader gets good reviews from people I've asked -- and I know from Bev's long-term success (many of my local British friends), Jess's and Lorrayne's recent efforts... that I can make this work if this is what I decide to do.

And if it was me I would change CDC if you are not 100% happy ... I've done the same this week shocking I know she was nice enough.. But the encouragement wasn't there and I know this because she kept saying "oh u don't have alot to lose" u carry it very well.. Mmmm I felt as if I wasn't one of her clients she 'cared' about because' I have only a stone to lose' bet she thinks I can cope without the support???? :(

When I rang her first to book she asked how much I had to lose.. I told her she said I can drop the products to you. I asked do u weigh and measure etc? " no only if u come to me" :( :( I should of realised then.... I must say in 2009 my last stone wasn't as hard to shift as it is this time round.... Anyway :)

Your story sounds a lot like mine... I had about a stone to lose to be at a BMI of 25 and (now :cry:) about two to be at goal. My CDC has a lot of very heavy clients who are doing their first VLCD and I think they get what little time and energy she has to spare.

But know she's totally wrong ... I may have a stone but I'm struggling every minute of the day at school :( and everyday is a restart.

You sounds just like me, Shanny. The one thing I have been able to do -- that had been a problem for the past several months -- is I am doing more fitness. But, I am still not controlling my calories (and carbs) the way I need to do.

So Ive knocked her on the head by a text message on the weekend...!!

I think being honest is important. If I decide to make the change I will let her know -- and I will own the fact that I could have been trying harder (I guess), but I want to let her know that I told her when I first switched to her -- from the the CDC I met with once and did not like at all -- that I was the kind of person who needed to have the same day, same time, every week. I needed regularly booked appointments and some support.

She has cancelled, bounced me around, not had an appointment, had me just pick up product and not get weighed, had other people be show up "early for their appointments", "stay late" etc. -- I know her new job has her pressed for time, but it is not working for me. I think she does not want my business, because if she did she'd make more of an effort.

I know the diet works and this is the only diet for me... All I want is weekly support ;) am I asking for to much? Or being silly ?

I like CD and doing 810/1000 properly worked for me last year -- but I was doing it with Beck and was more or less self-supporting. I have not been able to make this work for me this year (yet) -- and so I need to find something to help me get back on track. I'll see what I think of tomorrow morning's meeting.

Any reasonable diet will work (as Beck says) -- it is "my head" that needs to be sorted.

I'm giving myself till March to lose this weight no rush but it needs to be done by then..!

I am not putting a time constraint on myself -- but I want to see progress without regression. If it is slow, steady... sts... then some more off... I am okay, as long as I stay the course. I am fed-up with my yoyo behaviour.

Sorry for going on... I should of used my own diary haha

No, not at all. Thanks Shanny. It is as if I needed to know that I was not the only person who was feeling let down by their CDC and struggling when it should not be this hard. I know we'll find something that works for us. (((((HUGS)))))

Have a good day xx

Thanks for this post, Shanny.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Better start with three postives (not in order of importance):

1) Using my washing machine! :) (This is going to be a positive for awhile... I do not want it to think that I am taking it for granted.)

2) Went to Bunco last night, saw the friend who had breast cancer when I had my scare -- the one I grew and cut my hair in honor of. She is doing fab. Her hair is growing back and looks lovely.

3) Went to Aquafit with CFF this morning. She was glad she went and said that she appreicates my "encouraging" her to do some fitness.

4) CFF has an appt. for Thursday (her DH can go with her) -- and we might FINALLY find out the game plan for her brain tumour.

-- Now to get properly showered (I had to rinse and dress fast at the pool because the kids use it right after our fitness class). Then, I have a car part to pick up and some errands to run... before being here for DD after school. DS has to drive to the big base for class this evening -- so, I'll need to be here for DD.

Poor Mel and your horrible CDC. When Jess and I first started CD in 2009 we were so lucky that the one I chose was perfect in every way. She was so supportive, spent loads of time with us, did CBT with us - we had the works. She used to say we were her Stars and we lost 2.5 stones each with her. Then the journey started to get on my nerves and I found another one more local and what a horrible person she was. Only in it for the money. Weighed, sold you products then out of the door. No support whatsover. So I found another and she was sweet but wishy-washy. She didn't motivate me at all, we spent our time talking like we were old friends. I wanted to be her client.

Having the right CDC and support is vital, whatever diet plan we choose. Our lady that holds our SW class we go to is sooooo enthusiastic, welcoming and supportive and I am looking forward to going back there next Monday :D I hope that you find the person you need to motivate and support you, whatever plan you decide on xxx

I am so sorry that your current CDC is so useless, Mel. To be honest, as an ex CDC these people should really be reported to Cambridge Head Office because they are not doing their job properly and are letting the company down. I have seen so many people lose weight with CD (or CWP as they like to be known now) and then think that being a counsellor is money for old rope and dont put anything into their role.

Have you thought anymore about going back to J? I must admit that, if I were in England, I would be tempted as I loved the class comaraderie. Linda Robson joined LL after Pailine Quirke lost all her weight and she said what she enjoyed most was the classes and the closeness they engendered.

I am now being allowed :rolleyes: to use up all my packs so hopefully will be quite a bit lighter by the time we go to Florida in May. ;)

Pam xxx

I am so sorry that your current CDC is so useless, Mel. To be honest, as an ex CDC these people should really be reported to Cambridge Head Office because they are not doing their job properly and are letting the company down. I have seen so many people lose weight with CD (or CWP as they like to be known now) and then think that being a counsellor is money for old rope and dont put anything into their role.

Have you thought anymore about going back to J? I must admit that, if I were in England, I would be tempted as I loved the class comaraderie. Linda Robson joined LL after Pailine Quirke lost all her weight and she said what she enjoyed most was the classes and the closeness they engendered.

I am now being allowed :rolleyes: to use up all my packs so hopefully will be quite a bit lighter by the time we go to Florida in May. ;)

Pam xxx
Good luck with your restart Pam :)

day 2 for me today on this week. i really want a good loss this week. i have 14 days til valentines day and i want 7lbs off by then minimum. then the conference is the 24th to 26th so i want 17lbs off by then so i look normal. then another 3lbs after that. by the summer i want to be a lean, mean, kick assing machine. :)

day 2 has gone well. still 1 product to go. tired.com so won't be long out of bed.

hope you've had a fabby wednesday. 1 more days work then i'm off. yeah!

p.s my body decided it was time to give me a sort of period thing.

Evening,

Copied from my other diary:

I'll will start by posting some positives:

1) Washer still works and laundry is staying caught up! (I can't it... this really make me happy.)

2) CFF and I visited a weight loss support group this morning and enjoyed it. This may be what we decided to do.

3) We went downtown, ran errands and shopped -- and did not have a coffee much less any food!

Poor Mel and your horrible CDC.

She actually a very lovely person who is probably just seriously over-extended. I think the family needed her to get a "proper" jon because her husband has gone into business for himself and things are going as well as they expected. So she has my sympathy -- but it isn't working for me. I'm too needy at this time.

When Jess and I first started CD in 2009 we were so lucky that the one I chose was perfect in every way. She was so supportive, spent loads of time with us, did CBT with us - we had the works. She used to say we were her Stars and we lost 2.5 stones each with her.

Then the journey started to get on my nerves and I found another one more local and what a horrible person she was. Only in it for the money. Weighed, sold you products then out of the door. No support whatsover. So I found another and she was sweet but wishy-washy. She didn't motivate me at all, we spent our time talking like we were old friends. I wanted to be her client.

I think I remember this... this was the cow who refused to refund jess' money she realised that the diet was not going to work for her... because the CWPC was going to be going on holiday or some such rot. And, she actually verbally abusive to poor Jess.

Having the right CDC and support is vital, whatever diet plan we choose. Our lady that holds our SW class we go to is sooooo enthusiastic, welcoming and supportive and I am looking forward to going back there next Monday :D I hope that you find the person you need to motivate and support you, whatever plan you decide on xxx

CFF and I visited a meeting today... and this may be what we'll do (or at least what I might do).

Thanx for your reply Mel....;);) xx

Thanks for always being so, so, so, so... supportive.

I am so sorry that your current CDC is so useless, Mel.
To be honest, as an ex CDC these people should really be reported to Cambridge Head Office because they are not doing their job properly and are letting the company down. I have seen so many people lose weight with CD (or CWP as they like to be known now) and then think that being a counsellor is money for old rope and dont put anything into their role.

If I did not think she was doing what she can within her life's limitations, I would consider it, but I think it is a case of she can't do it all, but is trying. Something has had to give and in my case it has been customer service. But, maybe she feels I have not been putting in enough effort to deserve her support? Who knows?

But, I can take my money elsewhere... and I tried to make a change in the summer (to WWers to lose the last stone and maintain -- and it was working then I stopped exercising and using Beck). Maybe it is time to try and make a change again (although, it is frightening because I now have 2 stone to lose, not one). *sigh*

I have, but it would not be the same and the programme has changed and I suspect few people will paying for the therapy.

Let me know of you need any more.

Pam xxx

Good luck with your restart Pam :)

Yes, good luck with making this work for you for now. Great forward planning as well know what temptations wait for us in the Sunshine state.

day 2 for me today on this week. i really want a good loss this week. i have 14 days til valentines day and i want 7lbs off by then minimum. then the conference is the 24th to 26th so i want 17lbs off by then so i look normal. then another 3lbs after that. by the summer i want to be a lean, mean, kick assing machine. :)

You are already a kick ass machine!!! And I think you look pretty fit as it is: remember you probably have low body fat and are just very muscular.

day 2 has gone well. still 1 product to go. tired.com so won't be long out of bed.

hope you've had a fabby wednesday. 1 more days work then i'm off. yeah!

Thanks it went well.

p.s my body decided it was time to give me a sort of period thing.

Is this normal? You're on the implant aren't you?

I hope you find time to enjoy your days off! Do not just run around doing your other jobs (mom, maid, cook, personal shopper, child care provider, taxi driver...)

Back