MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

What I am (and will be) doing instead of eating today...

04/04/11 Monday

This morning I saw my CDC at 9:45ish and I have lost another whopping single pound. lol Considering that I have been rubbish with my water intake and exercise, I feel fortunate.

Although, I am having those "bad" thoughts of "if I still lose my measly pound and have not drank my water or done my fitness, why do it at all EVER!" However, it was thoughts like this led to my over 2 stone regain... so, I'll have read through my ARCs.

I did Zumba and it was a good class. I am pretty sure that I will book and go to Wednesday morning's and Thursday morning's, too. Which covers the aerobic side of things -- so, I will HAVE to do that "core on the ball" thing or the WiiFit Personal Fitness Trainer or something for toning (esp. upper body and abs -- or should I say "flabs").

Shopping done for wake food and dinner tonight -- but no other chores accomplished. I am going to make a coffee to carry down to CFF's house, soon. I am sure she is bored out of her mind being home alone. I think she expected me a couple of hours ago, but the shopping took longer than I expected (plus, I picked up some more things to take with me to the States next week... can't believe that I am flying out a week from today!!!). So, a quick read through the diaries and then off to CFFs for visit before I have to get home to make dinner.

Then, it'll be swim lesson transport -- and Aquafit (that is one arm thing and some ab work, too).

MM

04/04/11 Monday

This morning I saw my CDC at 9:45ish and I have lost another whopping single pound. lol Considering that I have been rubbish with my water intake and exercise, I feel fortunate.

Although, I am having those "bad" thoughts of "if I still lose my measly pound and have not drank my water or done my fitness, why do it at all EVER!" However, it was thoughts like this led to my over 2 stone regain... so, I'll have read through my ARCs.

I did Zumba and it was a good class. I am pretty sure that I will book and go to Wednesday morning's and Thursday morning's, too. Which covers the aerobic side of things -- so, I will HAVE to do that "core on the ball" thing or the WiiFit Personal Fitness Trainer or something for toning (esp. upper body and abs -- or should I say "flabs").:8855::rotflmao:

Shopping done for wake food and dinner tonight -- but no other chores accomplished. I am going to make a coffee to carry down to CFF's house, soon. I am sure she is bored out of her mind being home alone. I think she expected me a couple of hours ago, but the shopping took longer than I expected (plus, I picked up some more things to take with me to the States next week... can't believe that I am flying out a week from today!!!). So, a quick read through the diaries and then off to CFFs for visit before I have to get home to make dinner.
Wake food.......course, I forgot about your funeral. (oops, not YOUR funeral, but the funeral you are attending) Did you make those checks by any chance after the dream I had?
Then, it'll be swim lesson transport -- and Aquafit (that is one arm thing and some ab work, too).

MM
Seriously, I hope all goes well tomorrow....not the nicest of ways to be spending a Tuesday..bless.

Well done on your 1lb too xxx

@Yang,

Thanks. I just saw a FB post by the DIL (my friend) and she is having a bad day. I'm going to give her a ring.

MM

What I am (and will be) doing instead of just eating today...

Morning,

I should really be getting ready to go to the wake and do the things I need to before hand. The service is at 11:30 today, and after the mini-meltdown my friend had yesterday (the family are really feeling the strain, and it will be so good to have this day done). I am going to do my best to be supporive of her and her husband, and of course her DD. But, it is so hard -- there is not a lot you can do, but be there.

I have had my usual breakfast, and have a bar and water to bring with me. I am also bringing a platter of shrimp and I can have some of those. Then I am supplying some cold cuts, cheese, veggies, a bread rolls -- I can some veggies, too. But, I am so used to not eating at gatherings, it won't bother me not to do so.

Anyway, I have no idea what I will get done other than this today -- except that I expect to be home in time to sort dinner for the family and have DD do some schoolwork.

MM

Oh, I put a link to the website that generates the cool lettering that Lily use to make her "credit" and then I used to make my nationality specific one.

Myspace text generator

Morning Mel, Hope your day goes well, if that's the right word. Credit to you for being prepared with your bar.
Well done on your 1lb loss too, they are adding up!
x

afternoon mel, hope the funeral went well ( as well as these things can go ) and that your daughter is ok

congratulations on your weigh in result, another step closer to your goal

hey mels, just checking in. Hugs to you x

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today...

April 6, 2011

Morning,

The sun is fighting its way through the clouds, and I am so rooting for it to break free.

I am busy this morning on the forum, listening to the news, and trying to sort some details for my trip to Texas next week.

I have already posted elsewhere on the forum about yesterday. And, I'll summarise it here:

It went very well. DD sat with BFF at her nan's funeral and they held hands through out. They spent the day together mostly just being -- they went back to their flat (across the street from the Nan's house and down the block from the church) and played with guinea pigs, etc. whislt I went with her mum and others to the crematorium.
Then we joined the rest of the mourners at the wake and that went well, too.
The church service was lovely and standing room only. I cannot remember ever being at more apporpiate and lovely farewell service. The service at the crematorium was brief but personal, and that too was well done.
Today, the family is doing well and mocing forward, which is what "she" would have wanted.

Today, I want to try and sqeeze in some planned fitness -- but I also need to get some chores/errands done. So, I may leave the planned fitness for the evening.... even though it is then likely to get not done.

I am (as usual) behind on my housework, errands, to dos, etc. And, I need to get moving on these.

(Yesterday, I had some prawns and turkey at the wake and then the normal CD, etc. for the rest of my nourishment. So, I do not think I did any "damage" and was please that I resisted any cake or carbs in any form.) Credit to me for this.

MM

Hi Mel, Well done on the 1lb lost and I'm glad the funeral went ok. Exciting about your trip home, when did you last go? x

@Bess -- Not really going home. Going to see my sister and some friends. Home would be either Florida, New York or Seattle. It just happens that my sister (who is in the air force) is stationed in San Antonio atm, which is the permanent home of a good friend (I met in Germany) and where another good friend (I met here) is now stationed (her husband is air force). There are also other friends in the area, too -- so, it is the ideal time to go to San Antonio because I can see lots of people I care about in place. (I usually either pick and choose -- or have to travel, travel and then travel some more.) -- Also, other friends (one in San Diego, another in St. Louis and another in North Carolina) have mentioned trying to get to San Antonio to see us there. However, San Antonio is not a cheap market to fly into -- so, not holding my breath.

But, the last time I was in the U.S. was August 2009.

MM

Hey Mel,

Glad yesterday went ok. Big CREDIT to you for avoiding the carbs too! well done you!!

Oh I bet you are getting excietd for your trip back to the US and seeing your friends and family, lots to plan and sort before you go too!

Hope you manage to catch up on stuff today, my gym visit went out the window again as MIL came over for a coffee and chat instead, v nice though sat in the sun with my latte shake...yum!

xxx

Glad the funeral went well and

for resisting the food at the wake.

We're going to miss you when you go to Texas next week :( (although obviously I'm happy for you that you're going! :)) How long are you going for?

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today...

Good morning!

I am sooo loving this sunshine!

I booked my airport hotel with parking yesterday and decided not to pay for a third suitcase (too much money). Printed up boarding passes, and have started sorted "what to wear". I should be packed soon.

I have pre-packed travel toiletries that I only have to check, and packing lists depending on where we are going and what the 'game plan' is -- sounds OCD, but it is really from a Girl Scout Badge activity. (I kept the laminated lists -- because I thought, "These could be handy.")

Alli (Herewego) would be proud of me: I finally made the Cob Salad that I'd planning. When she finally made her Paella, I was inspired to go and buy the avocado I needed. So, I cooked the lemon chicken, and cleaned a bit before heading out to pick up DD from her activity.

Then, DD and I made a stop for a coffee (she had lemonade) and visited with some friends for about 90 minutes. Then, it was home to put dinner on the table.

@Lelly -- lol (me, too). No daytime Zumba for me, as the son of lady who passed away dropped by and we had a coffee. We even had a good laugh over every day things. It was so wonderful to see him smile and hear him laugh.

Thanks for asking, I got the most urgent things done and am about to sort a few other things. DH asked me to do a couple of "specific" errands, so those will be first things, when I leave the house today. I may start a crock pot dinner before I go out.

But, Credit to me -- when I realised that I was not going to make Zumba, I booked and then went to an evening Aquafit (with the challenging instructor), and I can hardly lift my arms today. lol

So, two planned Fitness actvities done and one to go. Zumba tomorrow morning, I think.

@Lily,

Thank you for saying that I'll be missed. I really appreciate it. I will try to check in with Minis. The place where I am staying has free WiFi. I am bring my netbook and I can log on from anywhere with access.

We'll be in Texas for about 9 days -- I'd have liked to stay longer, but my friends have busy lives and DD's friends are in school (their break was a few weeks ago).

My younger sister is taking time off work, but is also working on her PhD and, as an Air Force Officer, things can change she'll have to pull duty.

My older sister is super busy studying for her Nurse Practioner Boards and may not even see us at all -- I am pretty upset with her not making any effort (she has never met my 12 year old daughter!), but she treats everyone like this (even her own daughter and grandchildren), so I am not going let it get to me.

@Shanny -- Thanks for posting. I saw that you had posted and it made my day! It is a nice way to start the day: finding out that a friend is doing better. Hang in there, the headache will pass and you'll be on a two week break from school! Soon, you'll be back where you want to be weightwise and mentally. As soon as you are able, I think if you get back into your fitness programme you'll better. Despite the aching arms, I feel so energised from aquafit.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

MM

:cry:Nooooooo Ying, you can't go unless you take your Yang with you.........the whole world will pivot on its axis and night will become day and we will be hurtled back into a horrible winter oh and well done for zipping up the jeans and being able to sit in them. It wont be long before you can start to move around in them and if you can breathe then you will know that you've cracked it :8855:

Evening,

I popped into the base grocery store to buy little dog some food, before I across the pond -- and the shop was out of the only type she likes.
And, then I learned that the faffing about U.S. Congress will probably lead to the government on furlough and the shops, etc. being closed altogether. So, I bought a few extra things and thought, "How ridiculous." Anyway, as long as the Air Traffic Controllers are on duty, I'm good to go Stateside.
Oh well, no chores accomplished... but I'll get on it.

MM

What I am (and will be) doing instead of just eating today...

8/4/11 --

I am in the process of getting things sorted in the house and with my baggage, etc. for our trip to States next week.

DD and I drive down to London Monday night and stay at a hotel near Heathrow. We have to be at the airport about 6:00 a.m. Tuesday to fly to Amsterdam, then from there to Minneapolis, then from there to San Antonio (Texas) arriving at about 3 a.m. GMT on Weds! It is 17 hours of travel time just from first take off to final landing.

I'm mentally packed lol, and get to get DD sorted. I am working on sorting, cleaning, organising, etc. I really like to have things done way in advanced, and then I can check once -- forget about it, and do a last minute recheck. So, the sooner I get things packed and organised -- I can do the "pre-check" and leave things in the staging centre (where no one is allowed to touch anything), and work on getting things done around the house, until just before I leave for the hotel. (I usually try to leave the house spotless, so I can return to a clean house.... but as DH and DS will be here -- I am not going to worry too much, because it won't be.)

I am charging the DS, camera batteries, mobiles, netbook, I bought a top up to put on my phone, etc. I am rather OCD about travel prep... but then if I am ever "caught out" -- it is never because I have left something to chance.

Oh well... back to work.

MM

oh wow Monday!?! that came around so quick hun! Great work on the prep work though!
How exciting for you, try not to get too stressed though, they have shops in the US if you miss anything. As long as you have the important stuff anything else can be got.

x

Back