MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Hi Dogtanion -- I have felt sleepy all day. I even dozed off whilst watching a programme with my DH.

Monday, January 18th 2010 -- Happy Martin Luther King, JR. Day!

Today is an American holiday -- so my DD is at school (she goes to a British school), but my DH is home. Soooo, what I am doing instead of eating will involve him (I'm sure)...

1) got DD up, uniform sorted (usually these are all set up for the week on her hanging shelves in wardrobe -- but I did not do this!)
2) after DD is out the door -- unloaded, reloaded dishwasher
3) folded laundry (DH helped)
4) cleaned kitchen drawer (knives & untinsels)
5) cleaned counter to left of sink
6) drank coffee, started on water, had a porridge
7) made DH a CD shake -- as he has decided to join me! I am having him do an 810 plan (I think SSing would be difficult for him)
9) checked email, minimins
10) did some arm band toning exercises
11) am getting ready to go to the cinema -- we found an 11:20 showing of "It's Complicated" in Peterbrough (so, we're going). The local show starts at 2:20 and DD gets home before we'd be back.
12)...

Last edited:
12. went to film (was very good)
13. Had a soup and some salad with DH (I know that this "instead" but it was a social thing)
14. Had a coffee
15. Helped DD with some school work
16. on Minimins and checked email

Hmm my day today went a bit like this...

1. Woke up to a very early postman
2. Sorted some clothes
3. Printed gig tickets for tomorrow
4. Went to university
5. Sorted and printed booklets for my presentation tomorrow
6. Finished presentation for tomorrow
7. Chased a man around uni to hire a dictaphone
8. Got my haircut
9. Shopping
10. Dinner
11. Now watching tv with my housemates

I feel I've been slightly productive as I've been out all day today.

Well done Caroline. Did you get the dictaphone? And good luck with the presentation tomorrow.

17. walked the dog whilst wearing a reflective belt and a miner's light on my head! LOL
18. cleaned another kitchen drawer
19. cleaned on top of the cupboards incl. washing all the pottey on top of them
20. cleaned the long counter and wiped down all the canisters, etc. that is on it
21. made DD's dinner
22. made DH's CD soup for him
23. back on Minimins & having a CD strawberry shake
24. emptied and reloaded dishwasher

Last edited:
Yeah, they'd moved them from the dissertation centre where there is always a member of staff to the audio visual office where there is only one guy there who is always all over the place. I did try looking in a few places for him but he wasn't there. So while I was in one of the computer rooms I kept ringing his extension until I got an answer and then told him not to move while I ran down there! They're really fancy though, none of the usual tapes and stuff. It's a really small digital one which comes apart so I can plug it into my laptop and save the file. I'm hoping I don't lose it or break it, I think it's pretty expensive, and new!

Ah, modern technology. When I first started teaching we used film strips and chalk boards! LOL

Tues. Jan. 19, 2009 --

What I am doing sintead of eating...

1) got DD up and out the door to school
2) had a coffee
3) weighed (Tues, Weigh in) only lost 1 pound -- but still a loss!
4) walked the dog for 15 minutes
5) email/minimins
6) laundry in washer
7) went to gym, 20 min treadmill, 2 ab machines
8) checked on framing order -- it is almost done!
9) had coffee with a friend
10) spoke with travel office about a Med. cruise in June
11) came home -- continued with kitchen spring clean..
sideboard, cup rack and cups, blind and window, wondow sill, plant pots, swept floor, etc.
12) put away laundry
13) showered, dressed and out
14) post office (CD order here)
15) Brit PO mailed letter
16) house, DD home, fed her snack
17) called Florida spoke to family member
18) made DD's dinner/fed her
19)...

MM

19) took DD to appointment and planned to walk the dog during the hour -- forget the lead! Poor dog.
20) had a coffee with DH at the pub whilst waiting instead
21) stopped by shop got milk and DVD
22)...

Last edited:
Firstly minniemel, well done on having a loss this week. There were times last year when I stuck to CD 100% and lost 2lb, and a time at Lighterlife when I lost a 1lb following 100%.

Cruise sounds fantastic idea, I do hope that I will one day go on a fabulous cruise in the Carribean!

Florida trip is likely to be late September, when children back at school so its cheaper. The friend that I am taking the trip with has two holidays with her husband between Feb and July. It's not her OH type of holiday as he likes mountains, nature and safari's - Mickey Mouse dressed up as a jungle explorer wouldn't be the same!

Keeping busy watching TV but not buying off the shopping channels.

Hi BB -- I have on my facebook page photos of our trip to Disney world this past summer. My OH did not go. He has a difficult time being around more than one of family members at a time (not the best behaved people!) -- so, they are welcomed to visit us, but he does not go to them. Plus, he only does amusement parks under duress. Maybe he and your friend's husband should holiday together whilst you and your friend to Florida. LOL

Anyway, there are fantastic Disney and Cruise combo packages. If you have not already booked look into one of those. That might be just the ticket!

MM

MM I'm very jealous of this cruise! Sounds amazing!

Hi CG -- I've never done a cruise. My DH has no interest. I think he has nixed the one I was looking at -- I'll still go and check the details. However, I ran into an old friend at the gym today and she was telling me about a different cruise that sounds like a much better "value for money". So she is going to send me the link and I will check that out.

MM

I'll take his place!! Silly silly man, a cruise sounds lovely!

CG --
He told me to go on a cruise with a sister or a friend. I think he has an aversion to boats... even big ones.
MM

Aww bless him, I'm sure he would enjoy it still though, depends just how much he dislikes them though I guess.

I wonder if my interest in cruises has anything to do with a belief that the ship is crammed with free food that you can eat at anytime.

Instead of eating, I am watching TV and due to have a shower, should also get a task done for work tommorow but somehow procrastinating on that one!

I love the idea of one holiday but seeing lots of places!

One of my best holidays was Spain (Marbella) as took a day trip to Morocco and day trip to Gibraltar - also visited the Alhambra Palace - so it really felt like a few different holidays combined.

I am hungry and really should get to bed - or I won't know what on earth to do instead of eat, ha ha!

may i join it

its 2.20am and i've just finished cleanign the bathroom

Back