MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Hi NumsNums -- My last day at my job was the 17th of December. So, my "to do" list is my job now. So, you've probalby accomplished a lot more than I whilst at work.

MM

12/01/09 -- continuing "what I am doing..."

7) had first shake
8) walked dog
9) checked DSLite stepper to see how many steps from wake-up to dog walk (2,323 by 10:30) -- the starting goal is only 3,000 per day. I think it'll be asking me to up my goal soon.
10) started typing "to do" list

MM

Last edited:
Today I...

Tidied the kitchen
Ice skated to go meet my new CDC
Popped to Tesco
Waited around for the landlord's son to come bleed the radiators
And now... not a lot!

12/01/2010 The List Continues...

11) worked on laundry (folded, put away, in dryer)
12) had a CD soup
13) showered, dressed, even put on a little make up
14) did banking business
15) checked base post office & got money orders
16) went to base shop and got list items (forgot one) and one thing out of stock
17) went to craft shop to check on framing order (still not done -- got a promise of later this week)
18) went to coffee shop and chatted with son's friend (nice "fix")
19) skipped food shopping I was out of time -- went home to wait for DD
20) finished my coffee and checked email - got good news: friend in Germany in hospital is on the mend (still critical but better) was told to send him a birthday card. Memo get card and post it asap.
21) must scrounge for dinner for DH and DD soon

MM

You do so much in a day, I do hardly anything!!

It's all mom/wife stuff -- pretty boring.

But, I am looking into making my life more interesting.

I'm going to try the pilates class on base tomorrow (9:30), then come home and walk the dog with my neighbour, then food shop (since I chatted too long and missed my window today), then meet someone for lunch -- alas no lunch for me ;( -- and, of course, work on "to do" list.

So, I am starting to shake up my "stuck in house now that I'm not working rut".

Now, I need to go out to the garage and check the dryer and the freezer. Dryer for laundry to fold and put away and freezer for something to make my DH for dinner.

MM

Last edited:
That's my problem it seems, I'm not a mum/wife!

12/01/2010 -- End of List

22) made DD/Dh dinner
23) drove DD to activity
24) read a magazine, drank water & coffee whilst waiting on DD (also sent text to fitness partner -- re:steps walked)
25) shopped at Tescos in Bar Hill (big store -- loving it)
Food not too tempting, but was late and I avoided hot food and sweets areas
26) put DD to bed and shopping away
27) checked steps earlier than prev day (over 9,000!) will go for 10,000 today.
28) watched TV with DH and finished magazine, read post (2 cards)

MM

Last edited:
Wednesday, 13/10/2010 by 8:00 a.m.

1) Up -- DH made coffee (bless him)
2) DD up, dressed, sorted, and off to school (DD off to work) (Dog out to wee)
4) Emptied dishwasher, reloaded (I should have done this last night)
5) Hand washed DH's breakfast pan (he makes himself a cooked breakfast almost everyday -- first few days of CD it is hard to walk into the kitchen and he cleaned it all himself, now it is no issue.)
6) Filled out and addressed 2 cards to send to States
7) worked on "To Do" list
8) On Computer looking at email, Minimins, and FB (set timer -- I spend too much time online lately)
9)...

MM

Last edited:
13/01/2010 Continued...

9) Mixed up flavoured water filled four bottles (when gone I know I've drunk 2l) & mixed up another flavoured to have on hand
10) A little laundry
11) walked Dog with neighbour
12) reserved item at Argos
13)... will now shower and get ready to do some errands before Lunch meeting.

MM

Last edited:
I never cease to be amazed by how productive your days are!

Not very interesting, though. And thanks for the compliment -- I feel as if I waste so much time.

I just found online (at a better price than I could get in the United States!) these shoes my sister (who is an exercise physiologist and total fitness freak) recommended.

Skechers Shape Ups Action Packed Shoe from Pure Footwear

I ordered a pair -- plain black (figured I could wear them most of the time). We'll see.

MM

Ah yeha I've heard of those, they're meant to exercise your calves and legs and be good for your back. Not sure I like them though!

Well I can start my list off.

1. Tidied
2. Showered

And about to have my first shake, after I do my nails, hardly a productive day but better than nothing!

Well I can now add to the list

3. Painted my finger and toe nails

Now off for my Strawberry shake.

Hey CG -- Doing my nails is always on my "todo" good for you. What colour did you use?

13/01/2010 Continued...

14) Bank (ATM)
15) Mailed son and neice VDAY cards & support money ;)
16) Picked up mail -- no packages :( but two cards :)
17) got petrol
18) met friend for lunch (coffee) -- was fab
19) checked out the sales at Garden Centre (lunch place) and bought a gift -- great bargain
20) Shopped for yesterday's forgotten item (ran into old friend had a quick chat)
21) Other shop for donuts for DD and DH (the air force base gets Krispy Kremes on Wednesdays... my DD learned her days of the week as "Monday, Tuesday, Donut Day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday -- LOL)
22) Grocery shopped (finally) and met up with another old acquaintance. Got a line on a possible little "fun money" job.
23) Hurried to get DD from afterschool activity (Cheerleading)
24) Got home & brought in groceries
25) Put away refrigerator stuff
26) Started putting away dry goods, but am sorting and organising cupboards, too
27) Checked email to see if Girl Guides was cancelled (not)
28) Made dinner for DD & DH (DD ate)
29) Had a soup & coffee & read local paper
30) on email, FB & Minimins

to be continued...

It's called crimson I believe, and has a slight sparkle. I haven't really done a lot else today. Just cleaned out the gecko tank and did a wash and then went back to sleep for a while. And ate toast, which I'm not worrying about, it's the one thing that's completely dry so doesn't make me feel sick!

Aw CG -- Still not well. I'm sorry to hear that. The polish sounds pretty. I saw a girl with the most hideous green on today -- yuck! Very neon.

MM

CG -- I love the pun "gilty pleasures" LOL

Back