MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

hair's booked in for friday to be cut and restyled. just sick of kids getting me up at 5.30am, leaving hubby to sleep til 8am. so tired! so stressed! i'll be suprised if i've lost any weight this week as my diet is shocking. i'm thinking of leaving it til after xmas but i'll probably go up 1 stone before saturday next week then not fit into my dress. :(

Wow Mel on your midnight laundry-fest - you're full mad! :8855: You power through your jobs - feel tired just thinking about doing stuff these days LOL. Hope you have a lovely day honey. xx

Hi, Mel.

Hope all is well with you because you seem very quiet at the moment.

It must be the lovely American laundromat that calls you because my friend Gil always seems to be the at the laundromat in Northants at some ungodly hour drying clothes. I like my LG washer but I really love the American top loaders. So much easier and quicker than the Euro style machines.

Good luck with the diet and hope you have a good weigh tomorrow.

Pam xxx

@Nikki -- OMG, and I thought I was overwhelmed and over extended. And Happy Birthday, Ems! BTW regarding the hair -- I read what you said about your hair on Sal's diary... and WHY do you do what you do if it burns your scalp, etc. I think that you'd look with a less drastic colour. Have you considered maybe getting it done professionally and going for less dramatic (and painful) shade?

@Nat -- Hi!

@Yvonne -- I guess I could have handwashed a shirt and hung it in the airing cupboard for DD... but I am like you (hate to sew by hand and so the same thing goes for the washing lol).

@Pam -- Hi. I love my top loader and am willing wait for another. They are easier to use, less wearing on the clothes, hold tons more, and use less energy because they do not heat the water: you plumb them to use the house's hot water supply.

I have done the wash this evening (fun Saturday night) but forgot to tell DS to bring his wash down... but he said he'd do it himself tomorrow. He certainly knows how to do so.

I am sure it will bring back good memories (lol) of 11th grade. In January of 2008, he made the mistake of complaining that I shrunk a shirt of his when I accidently dried it (a shirt that I bought btw) -- and so I said, "Then you can do your own wash, and you are not using my machine as you break things. You can put your wash in a trash bag and carry it the one mile up to the base laundry and back. You can wash and dry it there, plus carry the wet clothes that you want air dried back. You can also pay for it and the detergent." So he did carry his laundry back and forth for MONTHS (January through April) on the main road with everyone passing him driving to/from base. Many times he was offered a lift and if he accepted (he quickly learned not to) he was asked what he was carrying and then he had them (ha!). Of course, they wanted to know why he was doing his own laundry, walking, etc. Then, some of women asked me about why he was doing this -- and I told them what he had said. I became a folk heroine for this "punishment" -- it is and was legendary.

It was very amusing to see how fast he stopped carrying wet things back to air dry... so he was drying all his shirts, when this whole thing started because he yelled at me about accidentally drying ONE t-shirt. Anyway, when soccer season started and he really did not have the time to do his own wash, I just started doing it again. The first time I walked in his room and set a pile of freshly laundered clothing on his bed to be put away... he nearly cried. To this day... he ALWAYS says thank you when I bring him his laundry.

i go to a salon to get my hair done. it's just the high % bleach used then the toner on top. the toner is the stinging part that leaves me with scabs as it burns. the bleach opens up my pores so the toner seeps in. hair grows so quickly too that within 4 weeks it needs doing again. i was a general blonde but this style needs a crazy colour.

just been naughty..... ordered a winter coat in white. got down inside it. nice furry hood. going to be toasty warm. thing is it was £170 reduced to £102 then i found a 10% off code so it made it £91 odd with free delivery. it's a bargain considering how much it was. don't think hubby will see it like that though! hope it fits ok. i have a broad back and things don't seem to fit well sometimes..... also bought a pair of trousers and 2 tops for teaching today too! yikes! so naughty! bad girl.

i go to a salon to get my hair done. it's just the high % bleach used then the toner on top. the toner is the stinging part that leaves me with scabs as it burns. the bleach opens up my pores so the toner seeps in. hair grows so quickly too that within 4 weeks it needs doing again. i was a general blonde but this style needs a crazy colour.

just been naughty..... ordered a winter coat in white. got down inside it. nice furry hood. going to be toasty warm. thing is it was £170 reduced to £102 then i found a 10% off code so it made it £91 odd with free delivery. it's a bargain considering how much it was. don't think hubby will see it like that though! hope it fits ok. i have a broad back and things don't seem to fit well sometimes..... also bought a pair of trousers and 2 tops for teaching today too! yikes! so naughty! bad girl.

You can't go to work naked... they really frown on that in the school system. Probably not even at an academy. ;) So, it is an "investment". (And you are right.. the spiky fun hair needs the shocking colour... but maybe you go for a slightly different style that does not led to a painful colour.)

Please post pics of Ems cake when it is done.

hi mel.

crazy day leading to a crazy week! made a list of things i need to do over the next 7 days starting monday....... 2 A4 pages. :eek:

too busy to go to the gym, too busy to do anything.

got to finish off 3 christmas cakes
got to do emily's birthday cake
got to get my nails done for my big night out
got to get my job application form in
got to go to a planning meeting for said job.
got to take dude to tumble tots
got to take shoes back to next
got to get weighed
got to not go overboard on my diet as i'm rushed
got a zumbatomic santa class to teach
got my hair that needs cutting
got emily's birthday to sort out
ems has a party at school, a school disco and dude has a party for me to get clothes ready for too.
got pressies to wrap
out for 2 meals friday and saturday

have cancelled my tuesday zumba class til january as i'm hectic. that and not going to the gym :( so little time to fit all of this in this week... and more. next week..... all is quiet.

well i've done some of it.

• xmas cakes, x 3, are finished.
  • shoes are back with next.
  • done job application form and supporting statement and rejigged CV too
  • booked tuesday night out for emily's birthday.
  • wrapped her birthday gift (no xmas gifts done yet though)

i'm coming down with a cold and my diet is rubbish! have eaten junk today! nothing good, didn't even have tea just had some nuts and crisps with wine. couldn't be bothered cooking or messing about in the kitchen. so bad. :(

p.s i ordered her a card on the internet and it's arrived. also got an e-mail to say flowers for MIL had been delivered too. so all in all a fruitful day as i also gutted the study room, remade our beds, done a pile of washing, shopped on line for food to be delivered tomorrow, bought clothes, and loads of other stupid things too. phew!

Now I'm tired. Whew!

I like how much you have accomplished (and am a little jealous as well... maybe in awe, too) -- but as far as the food goes... just do the Beck, "Oh well" and move on. Did the shoes arrive? Have you tried on the whole outfit?

everybody is always so busy on this thread, I feel very lazy compared to you all haha. xx

You're young, you should be less stressed! ;)

You just "downsized" and I think that you can be super busy yourself (going back to your house and cleaning a pond!)

How were your weekends, Linz and FF?

Monday, December 12, 2011

Well, I have "officially" missed the mailing deadline for the U.S. :sigh: -- but I'll get what I can in the post tomorrow and if it gets there does, and if not -- c'est la vie. :eek: My family understands and I am much better than they are in general about these things.:cool:

lus, my neice and her kids will be going skiing :sigh: with her mother (my oldest sister) and my youngest sister the day after Christmas, so the boxes when they return will be nice. :rolleyes:

I'll go online and send my dad and other sister something directly, just in case their box does not arrive in time. :) But, they know me and know it is on the way.:p

I am now working on wrapping the gifts for local area (kids, DH, friends, etc.). Then, I will clear the excess boxes, bubblewrap, etc. and tidy all the wrapping paper bows, etc. and clean the livingroom. :sigh:

Then I will have to decided if I want to get the tree and stuff out (as DD has been nagging for weeks) or move on for more cleaning and ironing, etc. :sigh:

I have been asked to watch my young friends new baby (5 weeks old) for a couple of hours tomorrow morning. :) My friend is taking driving lessons to learn how to drive a manual on the [STRIKE]wrong[/STRIKE], I mean other side of the road. Her test is booked for Friday. It is so funny to see how nervous someone who has been driving for a decade can be about this British test.;)

So, once again I will rebook my CWPC appt. I may just have to swing by and pick up product and get weigh "officially" next week. :rolleyes:

Well, back to wrapping...

This is a very busy thread!

I don't feel like I have accomplished anything for weeks. You all make me feel bad, but today I can't finish anything as I am on 'cuddling poorly toddler' duty today - very sad my little man is poorly but I do like all the extra cuddles :)

This is a very busy thread!

I don't feel like I have accomplished anything for weeks. You all make me feel bad, but today I can't finish anything as I am on 'cuddling poorly toddler' duty today - very sad my little man is poorly but I do like all the extra cuddles :)

Looking after your Little One is IMPORTANT and everything else can wait. We have all had those days, weeks, months and years.

Please do not feel bad, because there are always people doing so much more. I do what I can, when I can... and that's how it be!

I am thinking about trying some of this straightener stuff on my hair that I used on DD's last night. So, that will be a couple of hours tied up in that! lol

Her hair looked lovely this morning. I am going to encourage her to wear a swim hat for tonight's lesson and not get her hair wet. Then, wash it Wednesday and Sunday. (And wear a swim hat on Tuesday and Friday for swim team training.)

It supposed to last through up to seven shampoos! I might two weeks out of the process -- and if 1/2 a box does it -- that is only about $10 a month!

Oooh - what straightener stuff if that? I am always trying to straighten mine but don't have the time or patience to use hot straighteners every day. Although OH prefers it wavy anyway = lol

I do not know if it is available in the UK yet (I bought it on base -- it is listed on Amazon.com for $13.71 a box). I gave two friends each a box and they said that it really worked -- it lasted about two weeks -- not perfectly straight, but it made touching it up a breeze and they did not have to redo the whole process. And, both of them used only 1/2 a box -- so if they'd used the whole box it may have worked even better (and they said it made their hair feel better).

Thanks - I will have a look about for it.

I am going to get the last of the xmas shopping done while I am sat cuddling on the sofa I think - I love the internet!

Hmm - looks like you can't buy it in the UK, apart from one seller who has it at £43 - I am not paying that much. Also seen some poor reviews - here is one comment

Errm, Excuse Me Garnier....Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector - BritishBeautyBlogger

I will wait and see if it comes out here I guess

I checked out your link -- it is the same product but mine says "New" on the box so maybe it has been reforumlated. Based on my adult friend with long thick hair, my DD's friend with shorter thick hair and my DD with med length thick hair -- and using only 1/2 a box at a time -- the hair is in better shape.

The first product did smell like a diluted perm solution (I checked the ingredients and there is no formaldehyde listed) and it is left on for 20 minutes and rinsed out with water (I left it on a bit longer).

Then, you towel dry the hair and put in the straigthener (with keratin) and blow dry and use a straightener. The reports from the two that used it earlier is that it worked, but it needed to be touched up with a straightener after a couple of shampoos -- but they only used 1/2 the solutions.

I wonder if the people who blogged negatively followed the directions -- and it does say to wait 14 days after colouring or bleaching your hair. Not to use on damaged hair, etc. Or maybe they have tweaked the formula.

I am sure it will be availble in the UK soon. It seems to work like this -- in about 6 months you will be able to get it. See if it is being sold on ebay uk, or Amazon US will ship it here?

Hi FF -- Don't like you getting wet and all, but liked that you were out walking and will be back in your home for the holidays. I just ordered one of those things that make your Blu-ray player be able to send stuff via the wifi from your laptop, so you can get movies, BBCiplayer, etc. on it. I wonder if we'll be able to figure out how to use it.

I was having a live chat with Amazon.com because the DVDs my son wanted to give my daughter for Christmas arrived destroyed. I got credit, will be emailed a free return label, and reordered. They are unlikely to arrive before Christmas, but DD's birthday is in February. Good customer service -- bad marketplace seller.

I hope things go well with the pond and house (and I am sure you WILL have to give it a good clean, if your son is anything like mine).

Back