MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

It is pouring here, so I am going to phone the "big base" food shop and find out if I can pick up my tenderloin tomorrow. I need to know the opening hours, etc.

I think I just worked out buying and having a small upright piano delivered. DD and I have been using a keyboard to practice and she is doing well -- but I can't get my head around middle C being somewhere else and as the keyboard is not full-sized eventually it is not going to work.

go for it :) i've had my piano for years. started out on a cheapy piano (£100) then upgraded to a £1500 piano which i've owned for 27/28 years

I think I just worked out buying and having a small upright piano delivered. DD and I have been using a keyboard to practice and she is doing well -- but I can't get my head around middle C being somewhere else and as the keyboard is not full-sized eventually it is not going to work.
LOL is it a yamaha? Mum was obsessing about one of them for a long time, but there was a 'do' at the home yesterday for retired servicemen/women and we sat at the back to hear the music - three guys on guitars and singing.....so now she wants a banjo! :8855: even though she knows they're guitars! xx

LOL is it a yamaha? Mum was obsessing about one of them for a long time, but there was a 'do' at the home yesterday for retired servicemen/women and we sat at the back to hear the music - three guys on guitars and singing.....so now she wants a banjo! :8855: even though she knows they're guitars! xx

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

No, it is a Baldwin. The Yamahas are very pricey and we may relocate to the States one day and probably would not take the piano with us.

You should get your mum a banjo -- they are good fun. I can see her now. ;)

Thought I'd make your day.

Attachments

• image-3242730419.jpg
    image-3242730419.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image-4192263486.jpg
    image-4192263486.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image-840940943.jpg
    image-840940943.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 38
Happy Christmas Mel I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow xxx

Thought I'd make your day.

PMSL -- The little girl who had the awesome princessy Birthday cake is dressed as Buzz Lightyear! I love it.

Lil' Dude looks so cute.

My son was obsessed at about age 4 and had to be Batman... but not the Batman that you buy at Woolies (Val Kilmer version, I think).
No, he had to be "Gway Batman" -- the one from the old TV show. I had to MAKE him a costume. *sigh*

I want a banjo.Saw one in the charity shop but when I went back next day to buy it,it had gone.:(

I just checked ebay.co.uk - there are a few listed but the ones that are auctions seem to be prtty active and up to over 51 pounds, and some of them have start prices of over 100.

How good a deal was the one in the charity shop?

PMSL -- The little girl who had the awesome princessy Birthday cake is dressed as Buzz Lightyear! I love it.

Lil' Dude looks so cute.

My son was obsessed at about age 4 and had to be Batman... but not the Batman that you buy at Woolies (Val Kilmer version, I think).
No, he had to be "Gway Batman" -- the one from the old TV show. I had to MAKE him a costume. *sigh*

luckily this was a tesco's jobbie. £15. he loves it. he wouldn't leave the house on xmas day without taking half his batman toys with him.

luckily this was a tesco's jobbie. £15. he loves it. he wouldn't leave the house on xmas day without taking half his batman toys with him.

We had a little carrying case that we called the "Box O'Batmans" and it went everywhere with us! lol (I still have that box -- I am pretty sure.)

This came in the post just before Christmas -- I laminated it so that DD can take it to school to show her form.

Attachments

• Little Princess Cert.jpg
    Little Princess Cert.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 75
This came in the post just before Christmas -- I laminated it so that DD can take it to school to show her form.

that's really sweet :) and sad too thinking about where the hair has gone :(

Hi Mel
How was your xmas? Any naughtiness? Great pressies?

I am looking forward to tomorrow, seeing the registrar, and then new year and getting back on the diet. Any New Year resolutions for you?

Hello mel!

Just checking in to see how the festive season is treating you. Any plans for new year?

Hi Mel Hi!
How was your xmas?

It went well, but I am glad it is behind me for the most part. It always so much work and I feel that I never do enough or do it right.

Any naughtiness?
Bad food, no fitness, not enough water... the usual.

Great pressies?
My dad gave me a Kindle Fire and it is very cool. We are also getting a piano for DD and me to play. We have been using a keyboard and it isn't ideal.

I am looking forward to tomorrow, seeing the registrar, and then new year and getting back on the diet.

What to you mean by registrar? And, good for you not waiting for the New Year but starting right away... I have been trying to ease back into it, but not getting there. I need to do a house detox and crack open the Beck book and start readinf those ARCs.
Any New Year resolutions for you?

Get back on the plan and lose the weight, get back to fitness and keep it up, get more organised, to the "to dos", finish a lot of projects I've started and not completed, etc. Again, the usual.

Hello mel! Hi Nat!

Just checking in to see how the festive season is treating you.

Okay. Feeling a little guilty for doing 7 American loads of laundry today at the laundry mat and not taking DD anywhere. But, after the piano comes tomorrow I'll make it up to her. (Not that she complains.)

Any plans for new year?

We've been invited to a party, I'd like to go but my DH really does not want to do so. I doubt we will.

Do you have any plans?

Hello Mel! Hi Linz!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas:D

Thanks, it went well. How was yours?

Up too much for new year? X

DH might be willing to go up to the local pub (just up the street) and then come home jsut after midnight... but it'll depend on whether or not DS is going out. We have DD at home and we won't leave her alone at home. She is only 12.

We usually stay home and have friends over, but we've not invited anyone this year.

What I did instead of eating (or along with eating) was a lot of laundry. I miss my washing machine. RIP.

Eating eating and more eating. Roll on new year. Starting back 3rd jan. weight is 2nd but we are taking the kids to a panto so I will probably have an ice cream then!

Eating eating and more eating. Roll on new year. Starting back 3rd jan. weight is 2nd but we are taking the kids to a panto so I will probably have an ice cream then!

It is okay -- it will be the last ice cream for sometime. I do not have a CDC appointment booked, but I should do that. I am afraid to get on the scales. I hope Emz and Lil Batman enjoy the Panto. My DD is 12 and still loves them.

Back