MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Oh crikey Sam, you are worse than me for being up at strange hours. If you were in London I would ask you to kindly organise me with my housework, lol.
But domestic activity, and the satisfaction of making your home look nice sounds like a very good way of distracting the mind from food. Hope you now enjoy some pampering treats in your spruced up bathroom x

so today----

up at half 6, and made my shake, went to uni drunk shake on arrival
went to a lecture
in the following two hour break went home to collect books and went to my weigh in

back to uni for an exam, normally i stress eat before hand which is why i went for my weigh in to give me motivation to stay away

came home, then went shoe shopping

I am hoping to start Cambridge Sole Source this Saturday (23rd, January) so I am going to try and get back into my cross-stitching again. At least it keeps my mind, and hands, other wise occupied! LOL.

Lins x

takes about 10 mins 15 tops......... so drink it as soon as i arrive.... lets the ice in it melt a little bit, making it super cold

and now i am off food shopping with the family and if i have time later will be for the gym

Of course, Sam -- 2:20 am! Are you an insomiac? And, if so can you come and clean my bathroom in the middle of the night. It'd be just like I had a fairy godmother.

BB -- We went to Costa del Sol (Spain finally after 15 years of being on our list) last October 1/2 term. We loved it. We did a day on Gilbraltar -- it was so much fun. A boat ride on the Med., The beach, etc. We decided against doing Tangiers as we were pressed for time and knew that we'd feel as if we'd need to come back, that way.

CG, et al -- The cruise priced out as way too expensive -- to put a third person (10 year old child) in the room we would have to forgo the "group rate" rooms -- and pay about 200 pounds more each and then it was nearly as much for our daughter: and she would be an extra person and a child who eats almost nothing.

Someone mentioned to me a good deal they found for a cruise leaving from Spain. So, I will email her and ask for the link. I'm not giving up -- I've been asking for cruise for 23 years (our honeymoon, 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th anniversaries). I told him -- if I have not been on a cruise when our 25th rolls around in 2 years: I'm going with my boyfriend. LOL

And, BB I think that is one of the things my husband finds unappealing about a cruise is all the food. He does not want to be "trapped" and force fed. But, like CG the idea of seeing lots of places without having to unpack, repack sounds appealing.

MM

Last edited:
Double post for yesterday's list: What I can remember of what I did instead of eating on 21/01/10

1) up DD off to school
2) very tired from up late chatting after Bunco night, and sore from gym... so blew off work out :(
3) emails/Minimins/FB check
4) watched tele and some laundry
5) phones calls (social and business)
6) unloaded dishwaster/reloaded
7) called States important info needed to DH
8) Showered, dressed
9) walked dog with neighbour
10) met a friend for coffee and some power shopping -- only bought fingerless gloves (joke gift)
11) DD's school met with TA, found out there is a problem with her hearing equiptment -- will try and sort that Friday
12) post office, picked up frame item (finally)
13) home -- DD snack and ready for gymnastics
14) gymnstics run (pick up friend from other school) take to club
15) quick shop, food shop
16) groceries away, dinner sorted
17) DD read and bed
18) neighbour's to help her with mobile (she is over 70)-- long chat and cuppa
19) watched DVD with DH and sleep

MM

Last edited:
What I am doing instead of eating 22/01/10...

1) DD up and off to school
2) dog out to chase pheasant from garden (I did not see the bird, but she sure did -- it was cool to watch it fly off)
3) coffee, social phone calls, emails, FB, minimins
4)...

Last edited:
What I am doing instead of eating 22/01/10...

4) phone call about DD's broken equipment
5) letter written, hearing device packaged and ready to post for repair (again!)
6) emailed DH with important info he left at home
7) unloaded and reloaded dishwasher
8) walked dog
9) called doctor made appt. for DH and myself

Well minniemel, I got a marriage proposal in Tangier, so it was well worth a visit. The tour guide also proposed - or maybe it was propositioned my friend, he said we were very caring because we were nurses!

Today, to stop me from eating, I have slept (some kind of weird bug that started yesterday), did some work, arranged tickets for a West End show next Friday (Daisy Pulls It Off) answered some emails, really not a lot!

BB -- How romantic. I really would like to visit Tangiers.

What I am doing instead of eating 22/01/10 cont...

10) Posted hearing device
11) bank
12) went to scrapbook group and worked on photos
13) check post office for post
14) Home, , folded clothes
16) email, phone calls, text, minimins, facebook
17) drove to DD's school -- she forgot her homework
18)...

MM

Last edited:
Watching absolutely favourite new TV programme, Popstar to Operastar. Its good because they are doing the very best and well known operatic pieces.

well today i done an assignment for uni 6 hours it took, then went to look at a few houses, as we're thinking of moving.

then went to the gym

Well today I've..

1) Did my post blip/weekly weigh in and measure session
2) Did the gecko weigh in too
3) Cleaned out the gecko tank
4) Did some ebay feedback I've been meaning to do for a while
5) Had a peanut bar
6) Finished transcribing my interview from yesterday, all 11 pages of it!

I need to do some tidying. It seems that this week I've just dumped things around rather than putting it all away. Need to do some washing too. And now that I've got my Wii stuff back from my sisters, I shall try and jump on that for a bit too. So is a fairly busy day, hopefully too busy to think about food!

Good that you are busy Caroline, it does help. I ought to go into town before its too late but I am just being lazy.
Don't get lazy like me, lol!

Oh I already am lazy! Not always, but often! Have fun in town :) Is nice to be being productive today!

7) Put some washing on
8) Caught up with an old friend on Skype from Maine who I haven't spoken to in far too long
9) Wrote a cover letter and application form for a PR job

Hopefully it's a decent cover letter, I worked quite hard on it! Now have to write 300 words on one of the following...

a) Is the age of reality TV coming to an end?
b) Should voting in the General Election be compulsory?
c) Post the world recession, how should the Gulf economies promote themselves?
d) How much of a threat is citizen journalism to major media outlets?
e) Social Media – threat or opportunity to global brands?
f) What can sponsorship contribute to the London 2012 Olympics (including the Cultural Olympiad) and what returns can sponsors expect?

I'm considering either the reality TV one, or the social media one.

10) I've now written my 300 words on whether social media is a threat or opportunity for global brands, think I did fairly well with it!

I went to apply for another job but there were so many of those horrible give us an example of... type questions I just ended up shutting the page and forgetting about it!

I think I shall go and make my soup, and take my washing out of the machine.

Well I never made it to town because I stayed in to watch a film. My rational for this is that I am meeting a friend on Friday in central London before a theatre show at 5pm. So we can look around some nice stores rather than me just hover about the local town centre.
I am also cutting down on my spending, but did buy a brooch on Thursday (to replace a brooch that broke the week before - so its a replacement purchase, which is allowed under my flexible rules). And it was in a sale!

I am now going onto Ebay and will call a friend to order for me, as I deliberately don't have an account. Just a few fridge magnets (Hawaii, Jersey, Paris and New York) to replace ones that I bought a long time ago and have broken/lost in moves etc

Unless something else catches my eye whilst browsing?! x

well i'm just in from work so instead of having an ulster fry for lunch i'm checking my emails and packing my gym bag

Back