MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Last edited:
@Ruby -- Thanks.

I felt much better after going to aquafit last night. I have a RC Zumba class in the morning, so I think that will help get my weekend going well.

DD got her braces on today with few issues -- she is little uncomfortable but nothing major. So, that was a big thing sorted. I also enjoyed being an "artefact" at my DD's school this afternoon. I was interviewed by several students about what it was like a loooong time ago when I was in school. And, of course, how different American schools are to British ones.

MM

Last edited:
lol -- You are being kind. I looked like a sterotypical fat American tourist. All I needed was a camera case hanging around my neck.

MM

What I did instead of eating...

I got up and had my coffee, then headed out to my RC Zumba class. It was a good class, but my weigh in showed a sts. However, I think the multiple coffees and I was wearing my hoodie (which I wasn't last week) might have been the issue. But... that still means IF I have lost weight: it can't be very much. :(

After tomorrow morning's weigh in -- I may be doing an assessment and making some changes. I am so hoping that I am in the 10s; I have been close for the past couple of weeks, and I could use the morale boost!

After RC, I came home and caught up on some recorded programmes, then did some housework, and made a nice dinner for DH, DS and BFF (my DD went to cinema with friends). After dinner we all watched a DVD. "Dinner and a Movie Night" chez moi... I had a CD soup.

Well, here's to hoping tomorrow's weigh in is not a STS or worse "gain"... because I really would not understand that: I am sticking to the programme.

And, I also hope to get a lot of stuff done with DD, the house, and various errands.

Nite,

MM

Spent a lot of time on the computer email, FB and MM). Proofed a CV for a friend (tweaked it a bit) -- talked it over with him aka telephone consult. Did some housework, menu planning for the family, grocery shopping, put shopping away, and a bit of laundry.

Weighed and was one pound off -- updated tickers am in the 10s! Whooha. But would have been nice to lose more -- I need to push the water.

I'll see the CDC tomorrow -- we'll see if I show a loss with her weigh in. I am planning to go to the gym afterwards and walk on the treadmill. Then, aquafit tomorrow night.

MM

Last edited:
It's Valentine's Day -- and I missed my Target, but the sun is out!

Well it's Vday and no surprise (after my slow January losses and missing that target, too) that I am several pounds shy of what I thought my losses would be.

I thought (quite sincerely) that I would have lost about a half a stone more than I have by now. So, the reality is the weight does come off a lot more slowly the 2nd time you do a VLCD. It is also true that each time you do a VLCD you reduce your leptin levels and it IS easier for you to regain the weight.

So, I have to accept that I can stick with CD, but moving up to 810 was probably the best move, as it is not a true VLCD and probably won't further reduce my leptin levels. It is just going to take more time: it is not going to impossible, but it is just not going to be so easy. But, then anything of value seldom is "easy".

Good health, better self-esteem, etc. are very valuable to me. So, I will stick to the plan and get there, eventually. :sigh:

I am, unfortunately, going to have to move in a few minutes to get ready to go my CDCs. I am sitting next to a window which not only has bright sunlight streaming through it -- but I can actually feel the warmth of the sun, today. I feel as if my batteries are recharging atm.

MM

Monday --

Went to my CDCs and her scales show me at 10.13 (and in my heavy corderoy long skirt!)... so it must be true!!! I am under 11 stone. Whoop!

Went shopping and got the "special" ingredients and made my OH and DS a special Valentine's Day Dinner. Had a lovely (long) phone call from a friend I've not spoken with in ages, and just did the usual house stuff.

Tuesday --

Spent most of the day at a spa. Did a kick A#$ Aerobics class. I liked the class but the instructor cranked the music way too loud -- it was physically painful. The loud music is why I do not do spin.

Next, was a Power Plates session. It was weird, but interesting -- and I do think I am feeling it today. (I am feeling something, but then the aerobics was tough.)

I had a fab facial and neck, upper back and shoulder massage (very relaxing) -- and then I did the sauna and two different steam rooms.

The fee included a 2 course lunch, so I had a prawn salad and coffee: no other course. I am trying to stay on plan and hoping for 9.5 stone by April 12.

The rest of day was a parent's evening, dinner, and some chores (not much).

Felt a very hungry in the evening (all the exercise) -- but I handled it. (Not easy)

MM

Glad you tried powerplates. I really LOVE it! Had my 5th class this morning (3rd of the week - ouch!). I can already see my shape changing.

Massage sounds lovely!

Monday --

Went to my CDCs and her scales show me at 10.13 (and in my heavy corderoy long skirt!)... so it must be true!!! I am under 11 stone. Whoop!

MM

Mel,
if you had gone in a bikini and house coat, you would get more accuracy:D But well done and soon we'll start calling you Skinny Mel.

Bella

@JK -- I think I am feeling it today... but I also did an aerobics class right before the PP. I want to try it again, when it is the only "muscle" thing I do.

@Bel -- I wish (skinny). I am really short and blocky. ;) And, the bikini would make the CDC ill! (I am wearing the same outfit each time, so that the CDC's losses are accurate.)

MM

ooh.. and congrats on getting under 11stone! What a mile stone!

I almost ate cake last night... Whoops!

Very late last night, after everyone was in bed, I was up trying to figure out how to load a Kindle book. I went into the kitchen and I...

...cut myself a piece of Julianne's birthday cake! I was thinking, "Oh well, I've been so good for so long. I'll just have a little."

I took a small bite, didn't care for it, spit in the bin and tossed the rest of the slice.

But, please don't think I was doing anything heroic -- I always said that it hard to believe that I was able to become so overweight (obese) because I am so picky. It wasn't chocolate, so it just wasn't worth it! Lucky for me, she picked out a yellow cake from the bakery!

I am going to have to make her special cake for birthday party tomorrow -- and I think that won't be chocolate either. lol

MM

lol... best not to put yourself in the line of fire eh? It may only be a little bit as a reward but as they say "little pickers wear big knickers" lol.

I'm so tempted to buy a Kindle! I'm using the excuse to myself that I am fed up carrying books in my bag everywhere I go but then again I'm also telling myself that i need to use the local library more as a money saving exercise rather than keep buying books...(I read a lot!.. .3-4 books a week easy!)

What do you think of the kindle?

Back