MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

What I am doing instead of eating...

I already typed this up in Shanny's diary, but as my life is not so interesting I have much less to write - I will paste the same details in here.

I saw my CDC at 9ish this am. I had water and coffee before going (as my ARCs tell me to drink an 8oz glass asap after I get up in the am). So, her scales showed just a pound off (and not my whopping two in two weeks! lol).

I got enough products to Sole Source this week and Beck is helping me to feel that I can easily to this. I also scored another MAM! (Her last one!)

Anyway, I am off to join the gym in a few -- as there is a special on that ends today. My CFF (Cheese Fiend Friend) is going with me and I think this may help to get her working on her fitness, too. Also, I gave her the Nerys and India diet book, as Atkins is right up her alley and she has successfully done the diet before. She has already started reading it. Now, if I could her to buy (and use) the Beck book. ;)

I will come back home after the gym, help my son with his schoolwork (he needs me to proof read his paper), and finish up "Becking" my kitchen. I am reading through Week 2 Day 8 - this morning, and have read through my ARCs once. I also made a new ARC (for sit ups), and I made a walking one yesterday. Now, I could do more than read them!

Later, it'll be fix dinner, take DD to swim lesson (unless DH does it), and then do Aquafit (hopefully).

Well, my CFF is waiting on me to go to the gym -- and there are some errands to do, as well.

MM

you always seem so busy mel,hope you have a good time at the gym,im still doing my walking in my easy-tone trainers,the dog is enjoying it anyway!

your life makes me tired, your always on the go doing or planning something

im sitting here ptocrastinating, knowing i need to run errands but reading diarys insted, lol

Hi Ruby and Claire --

lol -- I am such a lazy git. Thanks.

I actually bumped the gym thing until 4, because my CFF got busy doing something and I decided to help DS first.

DS is sorted for today's assignment (he needed help editing his movie review down to 500 words). Now, he is double checking it and will submit it to the professor's website. Then, he has to go back to writing his BIG paper and preparing his presentation on Black people in film. He is finding the film history course much more difficult than the proper writing one. And, a lot more work!

I am waiting on DD to come home, and then I'll pop out for an errand or two -- and go to the gym for the bargain 10 pounds/10 day trial sign up. I hope to stay and do some working out, then get home in time to either take DD to her swim lesson or make dinner whilst DH takes her.

Not sure when DH will get home... but I need to be back by 5:45 for DS to leave for class, in case DH isn't home.

Anyway, I've have accomplished little in the house -- but I did strip two beds (DD's and ours) and I'd better go and remake those now -- before I forget. Plus, I should dry what is in the washer and reload with the sheets I stripped earlier.

I need to read my ARCs... I am starving. More water, me thinks.

Finished Beck Chapter 8, but need to do some ARCs and a schedule for it -- and other bits. Must do this, so that I can move on to Chapter 9 (Exercise) tomorrow.

MM

What I am doing instead of eating... 1/3/11

Hello March!!! Tomorrow is my oldest sister's birthday -- and I have not posted her gift from me, gift from DD or a even a card! Oops. I'll get them out today.

However, I will go online and order something for her to be delivered tomorrow, I hope. At the very least I'll post a message on Facebook.

Anyway, one water and one coffee consumed. And...

I am about to have my oatmeal, second glass of water, then second cup of coffee -- I made a new rule for myself: I have to alternate water with coffee, so that I get my water comsumpution up!

I did this yesterday and it seems to work.

Earlier this morning, I called a friend and ended up having a long chat. (I did the dishes and tidying a bit whilst chatting.

I asked him if they (his wife, daughter and him wanted to go to the Science Museum on Saturday. We've been talking about it ages -- he wants to, but they have a special RSPB tour (he volunteers at a sanctuary). Soooo, I may go with a friend or try to drag DH with us. DD and I could always go on our own -- we do that, too.

I have a RC Class on Saturday at 9:30 (so, I'd do that first), but I think it is the week I have to start paying again.
I'll need to decide if I want to continue -- I probably will for another month.

I joined the local leisure centre yesterday with their 10 pounds for 10 days deal, but need to decided within 10 days, if I am going carry on with that as a monthly member.

If I am, I can't afford to do both RC and the gym. (As I currently have a CDC I am being weighed and monitored by another person... and if I choose the gym over RC for maintenance, I think there is a lady there who will be my "weight monitor" and weigh/record for me.)

So, spoiled for choices atm. But, first I have to get to goal. I am thinking "BECK" -- plan and back up plan (for food and fitness).

Well, I have errands, obligations and appointments to get "jiggy" with asap. So, I check a couple of diaries and then get at it.

MM

suppose if you plan on going to the gym a few times a week it would probebly work out better cost wise than paying for rc class and a few other exercise classes seperatly?

i canceled my gym when i started cambridge, couldnt afford them both but when i start going up the plans i intend to set it up again as i will need to be putting in at least 5 days a wek in maintenance, i gain VERY easily

Hi Claire --

That is my big problem. I am very efficient... a little fuel goes a long way in my body. If I do not excercise regularly then I will gain. And, to pick up my losses, I need to pick up my feet.

I have been doing 10 classes for 39 pounds at the leisure centre and that has been going a long way, because (if I was ambitious) I would do one Aquafit a week.

But, now that I am going to "pick up the pace" I'll be doing more classes. So, I could "potentially" burn through a card in month... which means that joining the gym would be cheaper than just paying for classes, and gym includes: classes, gym use (incl. power plates), swimming, free programme planning and review, etc. So, instead of paying 24 pounds for four RC classes (per month) and 3.90 per fitness class at the gym -- for about 40 pounds, I can do the gym.

(I can use the base gym for free, but there is no pool and only a few free classes -- like kick boxing.)

Does CD really cost you much more than buying food? I find it does not seem to do so, esp, since I do not buy soda, junk, treats, eat out, get takeaways, drink alcohol, etc. (I probably save money! ;) )

MM

i still have madam to feed and she requires a high calorie diet, i also have to buy her napies again now as they cancelled her free nappies, she cant fit baby nappies any more either, have to buy them from the pharmacy

i would hate to cancel the gym. i love my gym. i'd live there if i could. if i had no kids and no hubby i'd be there every day for at least 5 hours a day. i love exercise.

i still have madam to feed and she requires a high calorie diet, i also have to buy her napies again now as they cancelled her free nappies, she cant fit baby nappies any more either, have to buy them from the pharmacy

Why did they do that (cancel her free nappies) -- it seems to me as if they would be considered a medical necessity.

Is there another agency that help with this cost? Those things are very expensive.

MM

What I am doing instead of eating...

Well, I am on Beck Day 11 and have read through my ARCs twice, and been alternating my coffee with water.

I went to the gym this a.m. with my CFF.
We tried a pilates class today and loved it. We also stayed and did some gym work, but I was lacking in energy.

We have booked tomorrow's fitness class and will spend some time in the "relaxation suite", after it. We are going to do Aquafit (my favourite). -- we have to pay for the class -- but the gym use, one session in the "relaxation suite", and swimming is all covered by the 10 pounds for 10 days offer, that we joined. It is to get people to see if they want to join the gym. I am pretty sure I do.

So far, I have done very little housework, I only put petrol in the car (no errands in other words)... and have not planned dinner. I have to shower and change to go and pick up DD at school (she has a cheerleading club on Wednesdays and I have fetch her by 4:15).

If I move quickly I can go to the post office before I go to the school -- however, I have to be careful, as at 4:00 retreat sounds on the base and all traffic stops for about 5 minutes while the flags are lowered. If I get caught in that -- I'll be late to get DD.

MM

Today's Facebook Status!!! ;)

Finally, figured out why I cant lose weight!
The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body".
I'm going to start using "Dawn" dish soap. It says "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove". Repost if you have the same issue.

MM

MinnieMel said:
The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body".
I'm going to start using "Dawn" dish soap. It says "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove". Repost if you have the same issue.

MM

Lol!

What I am doing instead of eating... 3/3/11

I went to Aquafit with CFF at 9 a.m. -- we were really rushed. There is really no time to try and get chores done that early, if have you a 20 minute drive/parking, etc. to get to class.

We were a few minutes late, but they let us do the class. It was very good -- the same intructor as their Tuesday morning Step and Monday late evening aquafit. She is a "killer". But we were informed that after Easter it would be changing to Aquazumba, and with a different instructor. Bummer. I like this instructor. CFF really liked the aquafit. I have been asking to her to go for over a year -- and she finally did.

After class, we used the "Spa zone" and that was lovely. Two hours of sauna, steam and relaxation. We decided to have a "meal" at the cafe there. CFF is doing Atkins, and I am doing pretty much Sole Source this week -- but I opted for an 810 meal of Salad and prawns. I also had a skinny latte (so some milk). CFF had no problem with the Atkins -- she had an omlette with some salad.

However, tonight will be strictly CD, as will the rest of the week until next weigh in on Monday (or that is what I have planned).

Nothing much done at home, except a couple of phone calls. I have to leave soon to do the gymnastics run... then it is home to make dinner and try to get some laundry, etc. accomplished.

CFF and I selected some more classes to try -- and I need to call and see if I can book us in for tomorrow's choice at the very least.

MM

Why did they do that (cancel her free nappies) -- it seems to me as if they would be considered a medical necessity.

Is there another agency that help with this cost? Those things are very expensive.

MM

they decided she was potty trained so stopped them but shes not dry

MM

:rotflmao:

I've just been catching up with your diary hon; my God your days are manic! You must have to be super organised to fit it all in! Sounds like you and hubby are on a major transformation journey too :D

I'm in the local gym and plan to get back there tomorrow. I really miss the health club I used to be in when I lived in London..there's nothing like that for miles here so I am left with the local hotel gym which has a pool, changing room and smallish workout room. My old gym used to have a Powerzone room which was about 60 different cardio machines lined up facing a giant screen playing music videos and the only lighting was from the screen and a couple of blue neon lights on the wall; I loved that room! You could really zone out it in it.

I'm on Day 2 of the Beck workbook and so far it's helping (although I know it's early days yet!) - it's nice to have something concrete to do daily/focus on rather than just trying to do it in the abstract if that makes sense?

@Claire -- "Who" cancelled the nappies? Maybe you can get a doctor's note. Even just some for nightime.

@Gg,

I am loving visiting all the different leisure centres (as in this area if you join the county leisure centres you can use all five). They are all so different and offer different classes. One has a room a incredible equipment, another has a posh spa, etc.

Tomorrow we will be trying a Pump Fx class. It is a class using weights and bars for toning work. Then, we'll treadmill it.

Monday, we're doing a Zumba class (my friend's first Zumba) -- and will stay and use the sauna and steam room there.

Tuesday, we're doing a Fit Ball class (another first for my friend) and then using the gym afterwards.

Wednesday -- we are waiting to see if we liked the Zumba or would rather do pilates (again) or auqafit.

Thursday, we want to do Elasti Tone, Body Tone, or Body Pump followed by Abs Blast.

We are trying as many different classes, along with checking out the gym facilites before deciding to join. I am pretty sure we will both join.

Anyway, I am glad you are working through the Beck book. I am really getting a lot out of it.

Have you heard anything about the new job?

MM

What I did instead of eating...

March 4th (month 2, day 2) --

Sticking to the diet well, so far. But probably should have had breakfast before going to Pump fx. I let myself get much too hungry and was cranky, and at risk or eating the wrong things or overeating. Fortunately, I had just read through Day 11 Beck, so I read through my ARCs and worked past this complusion.

The Pump fx the class that CFF and I went to this morning was very hard work. It was with weight bars and weights And, although CFF and I were given very little weight (some of these ladies had loads of plates on their bars), I know I struggled.

It involved a LOT of upper body work and I need this, as I have so little upper body strength,but I hate upper body work (because it is difficult and hurts).

I think I'll will need a Beck Advatages Response Card (ARC) for this sort of exercise.

I am loving the sun and hating the cold today. I just got my gas/elec bills and (as our December ones were estimated and apparently they were very low), the current actual bills are outrageous! DH is going to be a bit distressed me thinks. Ugh!

I am planning to walk with DD and Little Dog this afternoon around 4ish, and I really need to get some housework done. However, I am expecting a friend to come by in the next hour.

I am also waiting on an important phone call -- let's hope that it does not come with my friend is here (but better that than not at all).

So, I can do some laundry things and basic tidying - but no vacuuming or big projects started.

MM

Hey Ying.........you go easy with all this activity how can this Yang balance that little lot out :D I shall be bike riding (providing my flat tyres are just flat and not punctured) from 8:00 until 10:30, so we should be pretty even hahahaha.

Your life sounds crazy busy and puts my sedentary lifestyle to shame. Still, will be working on that with a certain amount of gusto over the coming weeks.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. xx

Hi Yang --

The reason I have been doing so many classes this week is that CFF and I are trying as many classes over ten days in order to decide if we want to commit to joining the gym.

However, she just got a date for her surgery (later this month), so it would make no sense for her to join at this time. I think I will probably keep doing fitness classes by paying the 39 pounds for 10, and I may keep on with the RC Zumba.

When CFF is healed, if she wants to join the gym, we'll do it then.

I doubt I'd join otherwise. I can use the base gym for free and they just got new equipment and have about 10 or so free fitness classes a week. And I live about one mile from that gym; it is the closest one to me.

Once this "trial period" ends next Thursday -- my exercise plan is 3 fitness classes at week (spaced out) and home exercise (or base gym) on the other days, plus finding the "spontaneous" exercise Beck recommends.

MM

Back