MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Exercise

Hello Lelly,

I have not done planned exercise in a few days. I did two classes on Monday back to back (Fitness Pilates and Zumba) and on Tuesday I did combo Step and Body Conditioning Class, and on Wednsday through Friday, I have felt it in my calves. So, keeping in mind what Sal (SurfHunny) did to her calf muscle, I decided to not do any Zumba, etc. and give it a rest.

However, I was going to do a Legs, Tums and Bums on Thursday at Lakenheath's gym, when I went to visit CFF there in hospital, but I brought another friend with me and she is not up to exercise atm. It is just as well, we had a longer visit with CFF.

But, I am starting to feel like a slug (no planned fitness for the past three days). I did do a lot more spontaneous exercise (longer dog walks, etc. because of the sun) and am planning to "Step to Glee" later on -- that is if I get to use to tele in the livingroom. DD is having a friend over soon, so I may get booted.

I have not good about fitness since I moved overseas in 1994 and gained the weight -- and I have periodically improved my fitness commitment, but I never been able to make it a part of my life the way it always was before that time. So, I have been trying out all kinds of classes in order to find at least three a week (and alternates, so that when I can't make one, I don't just "not do").

I am also really working on trying to find out what I can make myself do at home. I think that I that the minute DD is out the door on school days, I need do a DVD or Wii Game or step to episode of Glee -- just make that my first priority before starting on laundry, dishes, etc.

I need to make it a part of my daily routine, so I feel obligated to do it or I won't. If I had a workout partner, i would feel obligated to do it. But on my own... I often just "blow it off". I think having three sisters (and we are all close in age), I am not very good at doing things on my own. It is about time I learned to do so.

BTW, my CDC has formed a walking group that is opened to all her clients. They meet and walk on Sunday mornings. They are going to do a 10k or something like that. She also attends a Zumba Class at night (once a week) with some of her clients. Maybe if you started something like: meeting some of your clients at a local fitness class, etc. then you'd feel "obligated" to go. By continuing to do fitness at goal, I think she is being a good role model for them.

MM

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today...

25/03/11

Spent most of morning baking two birthday cakes, and numerous cupcakes. Then, I showered, dressed, talked to CFF on the phone and rushed out to go to ladies's lunch (prawn salad and coffee).

After that I picked DD's BFF'S Mum (my friend) and we delivered a cake and cupcakes to another friend for her son's birthday today and picked up the friend's daughter from the school (as she's been on a trip and missed the bus).

Then, it was home with DD's BFF and Mum to make dinner and clean up from the baking -- then I ran out with "BFF Mum" for a quick shop, then we were back here for dinner (MAM for me), and a bit later I drove DD's BFF and Mum home.

Shattered -- I did little else.

26/03/11

Had a lie in, answered some email, talked on the phone to two friends, unloaded and reloaded dishwasher, had breakfast and later a SB bar, coffee, water, did some laundry, scanned obit and emailed it to DD's BFF's Mum as it was her MIL's, and have been on Minimins.

I need to get going on the housework and my day. Decided not to go to Vitality Show today -- too much not done this week. I did not get advanced tickets, so no loss on money. I may go tomorrow -- we'll see how much I get accomplished today.

MM

26/03/11

DD's friend is over and they had a nice dinner in the diningroom (which is decorated for a birthday party for one of her toys... any excuse for a party). They'll be having birthday cake that I baked soon.

DS brought his BFF home to watch footie and have pizza (arrghhh, smells awesome). I have DH's flank steak and sweet potatoes cooking in the oven atm. I think I better make a MAM and jug of flavoured water... I am having a "hungry day".

I think I am going to either wash the dog and then clean the ensuite afterwards... or go scrapbook or sew. Let's see if I motivate myself to do either.

MM

Last edited:
You pack so much into your life Ying, I feel like a complete couch potato compared to you. I dont think you needed to go to the Vitality show, you seem to have more than enough vitality of your own xxx

What I am (and will be) doing instead of just eating today...

27/03/11

DD and BFF got up had breakfast, as did DH and I. DS had to get up extra early because his BFF spent the night and overslept and he had to drive BF to his job! Teenage boys!

I picked up CFF's cleaner (she can't drive for a few weeks and will drop her home in 45 minutes). So, I've been home all day, catching up on Beck, some chores, setting up DD and BFF do a craft (I had Mother's Day Card kits), and I completed the census and submitted in online (I filled out the paper form first, just to make it easier).

The mum of the boy I made the Cake for dropped by with my tray, flowers, thank you gift and card, and a goodie bag for DD. Makes me want to make her another cake! She is always so appreciative of any little thing.

As soon as, I take the cleaner home -- I want to take the DD and BFF to do something. Then, I think I'll try to feed BFF tea before I take her home. Her mum works a long day on a Sunday.

I did not scrapbook or wash the dog -- I may still do one of those.

DH weighed this morning -- he lost over 3 pounds this week!!! He weighs 11st 9 now! (He is only 5'6" -- so, he is mildly overweight but does not look it at all.) I weighed and showed a STS, I am hoping it is not so. I have been bad with the water for the past few days and am hoping that is what it is. I need to work on that... and do some daily fitness.

MM

:wavey: MM - you are one busy lady. Makes me feel guilty (almost) that I've not done much bar sort through paperwork/bills for me and for Mum's house. Part of the dining room is looking cleaner for it, so that's one job done. Lovely sunny day here - will get out later to visit mum after her tea and watch dancing on ice which she loves cos of the music. Have a good one. x

15 Days to Take Off -- USA or Bust!

28/03/11

@Minz -- We love "Dancing on Ice". I predicted the winner would be Sam after how much better he skated than the rest so early on (and the fact that his partner was so tiny he could throw her all over the place). However, I was sooo impressed by Laura's last few weeks. I think if her "final performance" had been a better routine (the Madonna thing just did not have it), she could've won. She got those 30s and I felt it was well deserved.

BTW, I feel as if I am never doing enough or accomplishing anything. In reading Judith Beck's book, I realised that I could use CBT in other areas of my life. But, first the weight and fitness... and then my other issues. lol

1) CDC at 9:30 for weigh in (fingers crossed for my usual 1 pound off, as yesterday's "sneak peek" showed a STS. DH had a 3 lb loss! Unreal!)

2) Zumba Class @ 11.30 to 12:30

3) Home to have lunch, do some chores, errands, make dinner --

4) DD to swim lesson, and then Aquafit for me

5) ?

MM

How did your WI go?

@JK --

One pound off -- so nine pounds to top of goal zone (i.e. 138). I was so hoping to be at goal and maintaining by April 12 (the day I flight out to the U.S.), but alas not to be. So, now it will be two weeks of trying to NOT gain... and then back at losing. Plus, more limited shopping as I will not be at goal and therefore have no idea of what clothes will fit and look good when I get there. Ten pounds makes a big difference on someone my height. DH will be pleased (with the lack of shopping).

MM

Hey Mel, yay for the lb off!! well done on sticking with it hun, you are getting so close to your goal now only 9lbs to go , will you be moving up a bit now you are close to dropping under BMI25? or are on higher than 800cals?

well done on your loss mel,you can always stock up on shoes in america if you dont want to buy too many clothes,can never have enough shoes! x

:D Well done Mel........you are doing so well to be sticking with it, despite your losses being slower than you've previously been used to. Full of admiration for you. You'll knock 'em dead in the States xx

Well done on the pound off, hun. :happy096:

Slow but sure... :)

@Lelly,

I have been doing about 800 to 900 calories since early February. I decided that I needed to start "training myself to exercise" and so I moved up to adding an 810 meal most days, or an extra packet and some nuts on others. Since I have gotten to part in Beck where you work on skills involving "food" -- I have had a meal every day.

So, I am not having the SS losses -- but then I am concerned about the affect being on VLCD has on your Leptin levels and BMR. So, if it takes longer, but stays off -- then the time has been well invested. (U.S. Tax Time -- everything seems to have a fiscal anaology!) ;)

@Lelly, JK, Ruby, Chels, Minz and Lily -- Thanks for your support.

(But I am still planning to sabotage DH's weight loss this week, if I can. This 3 pounds a week is starting to get on my nerves!)

MM

MinnieMel said:
(But I am still planning to sabotage DH's weight loss this week, if I can. This 3 pounds a week is starting to get on my nerves!)

MM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here you are!! (I don't get out much!) Well done on the pound down, that's really good! I've got some catching up to do here I think! :)

29/03/11

I cannot believe I overselpt this morning. I woke up at 8:00 and my DD was just sitting by me watching me sleep. When I opened my eyes, she smiled and said, "Good Morning, mom!" I panicked and said, "Oh my, you're going to be late." Then, I noticed she was dressed for school, hair done, etc. I asked if she had eaten her breakfast -- she had. My DH got her up (and she sorts herself for the most part). She was about to wake me in order to kiss me good-bye, when I opened my eyes. Sweet!

I think DH (sweet) let me sleep in -- he knew I stayed up and watched Obama's speech last night, and then mopped the kitchen floor. I have decided that I cannot go to bed until I do "that day's" official chore (and actually Monday's is kitchen floor and counters -- and I did not do the counters).

These "officials" are things that have to be done weekly (at a minimum). I have a rota (because otherwise I'd never get anything done) but with all the exercise class testing, and other unexpected happenings, things are all mixed up and getting overlooked.

So, today I MUST finish up the kitchen, clean the downstairs loo, tidy, dust and vacuum the downstairs hallway and by the front door. Tuesday is also DD's sheets changed, so I'll end up doing a room tidy: if I am not careful (I tend to get sidetracked). I should also vacuum the stairs, but I might "make" DS to that.

So, I'll scanned the diaries (I wonder if Shanny is back, yet), have my coffee, water, breakfast and get this "party" started. lol

I also have my daily rota: dishwasher, clean sink, laundry, basic living areas, tidy, bed made, sweep kitchen floor (done lol), check dinner planning and do prep if needed, shop for needed items, errands (petrol, a little food shop, pay some bills, post office mail out and pick up, calls, emails, basic tidying, dog walk, planned fitness, etc.)

MM

LOL --

Been a slacker -- I've only done some of those things.
I called a friend and chatted with her (I saw her post of Facebook she was having a bad day).
And, I have been typing my ARCs.
I came up with the idea of typing them out -- and in the process double checking them, making changes, etc. then I will print them out, laminate them, punch a hole in one corner of each, and put them on a ring so I can flip through them easily.
I am tired of the rubberband around the growing the stack of messily scribbled notecards. And, I can email them to you or anyone else who wants them -- and they can adapt them to suit themselves! You could make a little ARC slide show! hee hee (And I could teach Bess how to do that ;) ).

MM

P.S. My DH will be home in about an hour, so I better hoover the hall and make it look as if I did something worthwhile today.

Plus, I need to start dinner -- DH likes dinner ready when he gets home. Does not demand or expect it, but he is cranky when hungry.

One of the reasons he gained so much weight is because he'd come in from work starving and like a teenage boy he raid the cupboards, then still eat his dinner. Oh -- sabotage idea!!! I'll not have dinner ready when gets home... but a big bag of crisps on the table. hee hee

hope you got your list of chores all done and dusted

cranky when hes hungry? aww bless him

now be nice and hide those crisps you naughty girl lol

Back