MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

What I am (and will be) doing instead of eating today...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Well, DD and I are packed and our cases in sitting by the door. After I walk the dog with my neighbour, I'll be running errands: doing a little shopping, banking, postal check, etc. then back home to cook dinner, change the beds, and some other chores, etc.

The other ladies going on the trip are out getting manis or pedis -- but my DD is at school and I'd rather get some things done here at the house if I am about to "bunk". (That way I feel less guilty and enoy my break more.) Plus, getting a mani or pedi is a fun thing to do when ON a holiday, not in preparaton for one (IMHO).

I had my DS stand on the scale with and without the suitcase (to check the weight) last night. I did not want to get on the scale lest I get "bad news". The case is not overweight according to scales, but it feels as if it is. I think that at times we think we are heavier than we actually are -- we are so used to seeing things one way that it is hard to change our view.

My husband is having people "not recognise" him. It is very weird. People will walk right past him and ask someone if they have seen DH. The person they asked will say, "You just walked right past him." We joked that he has lost so much weight he has become invisible -- but what it really is, I think, is that people have not "corrected" their "saved image" of what DH looks like, so they fail to recognise him.

Three stones off makes a big difference on someone only 5'6" -- he looks like DH to me, but then I have seen him daily, plus he weighs now about what he weighed when got married nearly 25 years ago. So, if he dyed his hair (he is about 50% gray) and had some botox and other "rejuvenation" he'd look a lot like he did when we married. Now, he looks like his father looked when we got married. ;)

I better get going... so, I can get going this afternoon.

Mel

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Well, DD and I are packed and our cases in sitting by the door. After I walk the dog with my neighbour, I'll be running errands: doing a little shopping, banking, postal check, etc. then back home to cook dinner, change the beds, and some other chores, etc.

The other ladies going on the trip are out getting manis or pedis -- but my DD is at school and I'd rather get some things done here at the house if I am about to "bunk". (That way I feel less guilty and enoy my break more.) Plus, getting a mani or pedi is a fun thing to do when ON a holiday, not in preparaton for one (IMHO).
Oooh Mel, that is one part of the pre-holiday preps I am looking forward to. Nails, eyelashes, spray tan (not too orange though) and hair :D Oh and leg wax and 'southern regions' etc. All part of the fun and excitement of the build-up to going away. Can't you tell I don't have holidays very often? If I was a more regular traveller, I probably wouldn't be going quite so OTT!!
I had my DS stand on the scale with and without the suitcase (to check the weight) last night. I did not want to get on the scale lest I get "bad news". The case is not overweight according to scales, but it feels as if it is. I think that at times we think we are heavier than we actually are -- we are so used to seeing things one way that it is hard to change our view.
Agree :cry:
My husband is having people "not recognise" him. It is very weird. People will walk right past him and ask someone if they have seen DH. The person they asked will say, "You just walked right past him." We joked that he has lost so much weight he has become invisible -- but what it really is, I think, is that people have not "corrected" their "saved image" of what DH looks like, so they fail to recognise him.

Three stones off makes a big difference on someone only 5'6" -- he looks like DH to me, but then I have seen him daily, plus he weighs now about what he weighed when got married nearly 25 years ago. So, if he dyed his hair (he is about 50% gray) and had some botox and other "rejuvenation" he'd look a lot like he did when we married. Now, he looks like his father looked when we got married. ;)
So basically, you now have your FIL for a husband...OH probably thinks he is married to your mother. They do say that don't they? I love the way you have sorted of paid him a compliment and then taken a bit of it back :D Can't have him getting too big-headed now can we? lol.
I better get going... so, I can get going this afternoon.

Mel
Have a wonderful trip Mel. Jeez it only seems 5 minutes ago we were wishing you a safe journey for the last one!!!
xxx

Have a great time!

I hope you and your daughter have a great trip Mel. x

Have an amazing time. And well done to your DH, you have both achieved so much and should be very proud!

xxx

hope you and your daughter have a lovely time

Have a lovely time Mel.

I would have felt guilty about the torte too but something in the Linda Spangle book struck a chord with me, it said make food special, i.e, if it's a special occasion & a special food then enjoy it! Food can be either fuel or something to enjoy (I forget the word she used) and that if it isn't food, savour it & have a smaller amount. So as long as you weren't binging then don't feel bad, you had a dessert and enjoyed it!

What I did from the 11th through the 14th instead of just eating....

Hi -- Back from Majorca (or Mallorca) --

Love it -- so pretty, sunny, warm, etc. I could have stayed there forever, except that the locals told us that it will be very hot and miserable soon. Definitely okay from early summer or fall, but mid-summer would fry you, I guess.

We left on Wednesday and arrived very late at the hotel. The coach took 2.5 hours to travel what should have been a 45 minute ride to the resort. If there had been fewer of us, we would have taken a taxi. But, there were six (3 mothers, 3 daughters). I got VERY motion ill -- did not vomit, but was green. (I took Joy Ride for the trip back, and was fine.)

We got up Thursday and went to breakfast (I tried to stick to South Beach for the most part), and then shopping. Later, we sunned by the pool, and DD swam. That night we celebrated one of the daughter's 21st birthday -- it was birthday. And enjoyed the show at the resort.

The next day we went to the beach, then out to dinner (the food was terrible, so I ate very little -- Beck credit... "I am not a garbage disposal"). And after dinner we went to an ice cram parlor and all had an ice cream. I had a banana split. The last time I had one was last October on my birthday and I was in Spain. So, it is now my tradition -- a birthday banana split, but only if I am in Spain.

The birthday girl is person for whom I am going to be a diet coach -- so, I will be starting myself on Monday reviewing Beck, and then she and I will start meeting and working together by the end of the week.

I am going to ask her to work through Beck one day at a time... do the 2 weeks to get ready to diet, and have her come with me to meet my CWPC (as an option), look over the Lighter Life info I have, South Beach books, we'll visit a WWs, a SW, RC, etc. That way when she has done the two weeks and choses two diets -- they will be her choice and not mine.

I am also ordering her the Couch to 5K DVD. I have asked her mother, my CFF and her to join me in doing the July Breast Cancer Walk 1/2 marathon. We can prepare for this by building up her fitness with walking (and then maybe aquafit, when she feels ready to try that).

I am hoping that she will be fit enough to walk 13 miles by the end of July, but if not that will be okay -- because she will be on her way to being fit enough one day.

Anyway, today is my son's 20th birthday. so, I need to get something sorted regarding a cake, meal, etc. So, I'll have to wait on checking diaries until tomorrow.

Thanks you all for your good wishes regarding the trip (and my STS... which I hope is still the case, but suspect I have possibly run out of luck with that). The Thanks buttons were gone by the time I got back, so I could only "like" most of your posts.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I have attached a photo of DD and myself from in front of the resort.

Mel

Attachments

• J and M.JPG
    J and M.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 35
Sounds like you've had a great time! I'm very impressed with your food choices! Normally when I go on holiday I have great aspirations when it comes to eating healthily and then I land and my brain (well my stomach probably) goes "wohoo" and I eat nonstop until I land in Britain again and catch a glimpse of myself in a window half a stone or more heavier ;) - Mucho impressed indeed!

Sounds like a great trip Mel! just got back from Spain myself too and had a great time. Wish I had known about the 'Banana split in Spain' rule lol, I would have had one too. Actually I made banoffi pie at my sisters in Spain, very delicious, very very bad lol.

Hope you are well :)

What I was doing Monday, Tuesday and today instead of just eating...

Hi -- Sorry to not check diaries and post.

On Monday, my good intentions of getting back on track -- got sidetracked by a friend with a crisis. However, I think things are looking up and it was a day well spent.

On Tuesday, I went shopping with another friend shopping at the big base (she had a medical appt. as well) and I hit the sales racks as I do --

I picked up some mother/daughter things (I get her a small or extra small and I get myself a medium). A top, lightweight jacket and new bathrobe for us both.

I also got my DH some jeans (not on sale) and also 2 pair of trousers (on sale). He liked them all.

I got DS some jeans that I will have to take back. He wants them to be skin tight.... but when you are 5'10" and weigh 9 1/2 stone it is hard to find skin tight clothes. *sigh* I wish had that problem.

Anyway, today (Wednesday) I have started with porridge and coffee plus water. Before I go to bed today, I am going to get out my ARCs and review them, plus start rereading Beck. I have ordered the book and workbook for my "coachee" and they have been shipped. So, she and I should be meeting up by the end of the week. Monday, I picked up notecards with holes punched in them, a journal, a pen, highlighter, a ring for the cards, etc. I will give her all these things along with the books.

Yesterday, for $5.00 (about 3 pounds) I bought (from the thrift store) Dr Phil's audio CDs for his The Ultimate Weight Solution -- I skimmed the book (which was part of the deal) and it is based on CBT. I thought it would be as he is a licensed psychotherapist. However, he puts his "down home" flavour on it. He is famous for his no nonsense reality check comments like, "And, how is that working for you?"

Anyway, I am going to "rip" the CDs to my itunes account, then pass them on the my Coachee and suggest that she and her mother (who also wants to lose some weight) do the same. I think My Coachee would benefit from being able to listen to Dr Phil give her similar advice as Beck. She will be familiar with him. And, being a young person (she just turned 21 -- she walks around with her earbuds in most of the time).

Time to check diaries, then get going on the never ending chore/errand list. And, I am hoping to find motivation to start back with some "Planned Fitness" today, too.

Mel

Glad you had a great trip away Mel.

What I was (and will be) doing yesterday and today in stead of just eating...

Morning All (Friday, May 20th) --

Yesterday, my DS had my laptop and his laptop side by side. He was using mine to type out and edit his 10 page paper on some American politician for his Uni Gov't class, and his to internet fact check, etc.

(Oh how easy kids have it today. I LIVED in the stacks and still have nightmares about typing and retyping one page in particular because I could not get the spacing correct for a chart that I had photocopied, cut out, pasted on, photocopied the page, whited out the "lines" and recopied!)

Anyway, no "Smart phone" but I could have used my Netbook to check diaries, but too lazy to get it out and plug it in. ;) Plus, I had spent so much time catching up, I felt I should work on my chores.

So, yesterday I helped DS with his paper a bit. Did some laundry, changed some beds, did a small food shop, made dinner, did dishes, did the gymnastics run, made a couple of calls, etc. The usual "hamster wheel" stuff.

Today, I have had coffee with a friend and done a few chores. Not much, yet. It is so lovely though, I think I will take Little Dog out for a long walkies.

I might also do a quick shop and prepare BBQ food for the family. The weather really calls for that -- and DD loves a BBQ.

I am "holding my own" on the food front -- not great, but not horrible -- and will email my CWPC to make an appt for Monday morning. I wil also book a fitness class for Monday morning. I need to get back on track.

I am hoping the books I ordered for my "Coachee" arrive today. I want to get her started on the first two weeks of Beck, and then we can move on together. I think her mom might share the books, and they can support each other in this undertaking.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are, too.

Mel

Morning All (Friday, May 20th) --

Yesterday, my DS had my laptop and his laptop side by side. He was using mine to type out and edit his 10 page paper on some American politician for his Uni Gov't class, and his to internet fact check, etc.

(Oh how easy kids have it today. I LIVED in the stacks and still have nightmares about typing and retyping one page in particular because I could not get the spacing correct for a chart that I had photocopied, cut out, pasted on, photocopied the page, whited out the "lines" and recopied!)

Anyway, no "Smart phone" but I could have used my Netbook to check diaries, but too lazy to get it out and plug it in. ;) Plus, I had spent so much time catching up, I felt I should work on my chores.

So, yesterday I helped DS with his paper a bit. Did some laundry, changed some beds, did a small food shop, made dinner, did dishes, did the gymnastics run, made a couple of calls, etc. The usual "hamster wheel" stuff.

Today, I have had coffee with a friend and done a few chores. Not much, yet. It is so lovely though, I think I will take Little Dog out for a long walkies.

I might also do a quick shop and prepare BBQ food for the family. The weather really calls for that -- and DD loves a BBQ.

I am "holding my own" on the food front -- not great, but not horrible -- and will email my CWPC to make an appt for Monday morning. I wil also book a fitness class for Monday morning. I need to get back on track.

I am hoping the books I ordered for my "Coachee" arrive today. I want to get her started on the first two weeks of Beck, and then we can move on together. I think her mom might share the books, and they can support each other in this undertaking.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are, too.

Mel
Morning Mel, love the bit about having to white out the lines etc when photocopying a document with loads of bits stuck onto it. The good old days eh? Typing a letter with three flimsies and carbon paper behind the top copy and hoping and praying that you don't need the tippex :eek: Having to bang down hard on an old manual keyboard before the all singing, all dancing IBM Golfballs became the new big thing. Jeez, I sound like an episode of the Antiques Roadshow lol.

Hope you are having a good one today and the BBQ sounds lush xxx

morning mel, i see your a busy bee as ever

the bbq sounds delish!

Chels I remember the "old manual keyboards" and tippex too and having to retype the whole lot, when you found a mistake!! Kids today have it so easy!!! I remember the first "word processor" typewriter as well, when you saved stuff onto a floppy disc that you could go back and correct, without having to retype the whole page!!

Morning Mel, love the bit about having to white out the lines etc when photocopying a document with loads of bits stuck onto it. The good old days eh? Typing a letter with three flimsies and carbon paper behind the top copy and hoping and praying that you don't need the tippex :eek: Having to bang down hard on an old manual keyboard before the all singing, all dancing IBM Golfballs became the new big thing. Jeez, I sound like an episode of the Antiques Roadshow lol.

Hope you are having a good one today and the BBQ sounds lush xxx

Chels I remember the "old manual keyboards" and tippex too and having to retype the whole lot, when you found a mistake!! Kids today have it so easy!!! I remember the first "word processor" typewriter as well, when you saved stuff onto a floppy disc that you could go back and correct, without having to retype the whole page!!

In my cave we only had a slate and chalk. Hi Mel! :)

Back