MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011

Day 3 went well -- 100% and the 3 litres and Aquafit!

I got on the scale this morning (bad me) and I was 156! And that was after some water and coffee -- I tried on the clothes I bought yesterday (American Size 10s -- and ALL of them were wearable!) I am looking forward to needing a belt to keep those up! ;)

It is a beautiful sunny day atm in Cambridgeshire -- that did not start out so lovely --- our little dog refused to walk as it was raining when DD left for school.

I need to do my Planned Fitness (at home today) and walk DD's Yorkie whilst the sun is out. My neighbour instructed me to walk my own dog today,:8855: as she was dog sitting her DD's 3 Yorkies! So, my little dog's mum, dad and sister are next door atm!

Then, DH will pick me up at 11:00 as he has a medical appt. at Lakenheath and I am going along to shop at their larger stores. We have to be back at 4 p.m. for DD -- because she has a huge project to finish, and then I have to take her and her friend to gymnastics.

I have tons to do, but as I am out for many hours today -- not sure how much I'll get done.

Mel

sounds like a full day :) hope you can get it all done!
im soo jealous! i cant wait til i can fit into someting smaller.. for as along as i can remember ive at least been an 18 so when i hit 16 im pretty sure im gonna cry lol.. heck im gonna be happy when im a definite 18 again lol. keep to it girl! you give me hope!

Day 3 went well -- 100% and the 3 litres and Aquafit!

I got on the scale this morning (bad me) and I was 156! And that was after some water and coffee -- I tried on the clothes I bought yesterday (American Size 10s -- and ALL of them were wearable!) I am looking forward to needing a belt to keep those up! ;)

It is a beautiful sunny day atm in Cambridgeshire -- that did not start out so lovely --- our little dog refused to walk as it was raining when DD left for school.

I need to do my Planned Fitness (at home today) and walk DD's Yorkie whilst the sun is out. My neighbour instructed me to walk my own dog today,:8855: as she was dog sitting her DD's 3 Yorkies! So, my little dog's mum, dad and sister are next door atm!

Then, DH will pick me up at 11:00 as he has a medical appt. at Lakenheath and I am going along to shop at their larger stores. We have to be back at 4 p.m. for DD -- because she has a huge project to finish, and then I have to take her and her friend to gymnastics.

I have tons to do, but as I am out for many hours today -- not sure how much I'll get done.

Mel

so did you get much accomplished ? hope you did :) I did not have much done today, awful weather. I'd love to see these clothes, what are they ?

Loooonnnnggggg Day!

Whew... I do not know where the day went. I got up at 6:30 and helped get DD out of the house and off to school. Then there were some phone calls and tidying -- plus, two friends popped in briefy for a cup of coffee.

I took Little Dog for a walk, but we ended up running/jogging rather than walking as she loves to go fast! (That wore me out --- I need to go into training to be able to take the dog for a run!)

After that -- I had to get showered, dressed and out the door to go the Lakenheath with DH. It took over an hour to get there -- there had been an accident -- but he was in time for his appointment. I had eaten no breakfast, so I had an 810 lunch (some grilled chicken on a tossed salad).

Then, I went through the clothing racks and picked up two summery dresses. One is a 8 and may not fit atm -- but at $5.00 each -- I couldn't resist. Marked down from $50.00! I also picked up some bits and bobs for the house. I ended up there for ages as DH's appointment took nearly three hours. By the time he was out of it -- we really needed to rush home to do the gymnastics run.

We were on the way home, when the mother of the "carpoolee" called to say that they did not need a lift today -- so, whew!

DH and I detoured to the local base and picked up our mail and bought a few things at the grocery store. After that we went home to make dinner. DD skipped gymnastics as she was still not finished with her big project. It is done now, but she went to bed more than an hour later than usual!

The kitchen is a mess and so, I still have to tidy that up before I go to bed. :sigh: I have not had my CD shake either -- so, I will do that first. I had a coffee when they had dinner. They had pork sausages, so no temptation there (I do not eat pork).

I booked an aquafit class for CFF and myself for 2:00 tomorrow (At her request! :) ) and we will stay and use the "pamper area" -- there are four different sauna and steam rooms. It is a mini version of the spas at some Centre Parcs (designed by the same firm that build those). The salt water steam is fantastic for my sinuses.

I may have a piano lesson in the morning (PT said she'd call me if she could manage it), and if not -- I will try and get the curtains sewn. And laundry caught up... somehow, I have mountain of it!

@Illa -- I bought some long shorts, a skirt and top for my Corfu trip -- all on sale.

@MizPayne -- I am not a big person (barely 5'4" tall and small framed) -- and at my heaviest I had a bmi of 33 and wore a US 14/16. I should be no bigger than an 8 petite (in a dress). I can't wear petite trousers as I have long legs and short body. When I have a bmi of 22, I wear a US 6 in most things.

In the pictures on my minis profile page (labelled before and after) -- I was 188 bmi 33 in the before and 145 bmi 25 in the after. I want to be no more than 138 (preferably 133 and that is a bmi of about 23).

It is weird how much difference a few pounds makes on a small person. Someone on this forum said that the rule of thumb was a stone and size. But for me that is more like 1 1/2 sizes. I can fit most tens now, but when I have lost 10 more pounds, I should be able to wear some 8s.

I hope you both had good days.

Mel

Woah - you HAVE been busy. Sounds like a productive day though and well done on the bargains - you'll be in them in no time! xx

hello Mel, glad to hear from you. Your diet seems to be doing great, which day is your weight in ? 5 dollars dresses ! I would have splurged too lol.

Oh I've actually never checked your profile so I went this morning. You look radiant, I love your smile. Love the pictures after Lighter Life too.

This morning, as it is finally not raining, I'm off for the day. And then I will do some cooking in order to avoid eating (yeah I know, paradoxe !). DH is back tonight, but works tomorrow, and I'm off on sunday. Busy week end. Sending energy to you to go on :)

Hi Illa,

I started back with my CDC on Monday, but I will see her on Wednesday. But, I may weigh myself on Monday just to see how the "week" went.

Thanks for the compliments. I mentioned the profile photos so that MizPayne could see that a size 16 can be very large for small person. My CFF would look fab in a size 16, but she is 5'10" and big boned.

No call for the piano lesson, but I was on the phone with my DD's BFF's father (a friend of ours), so I may have missed the call. A friend of his (another father of DD's friend) had a heart attack yesterday. He is a stay at home dad with two DDs -- one age 12 the other 11. His wife is a vet and in is in India at a conference or something. I think vicar is going to contact her. The dad is about 53 and recently quit smoking, but has been using an electronic cigarette. He is going to be moved to a cardiac hospital for special testing and he may need surgery. I offerred to help out in any way needed, but things seemed to be covered.

I need to get some housework done desperately and get some food shopping done. My DS complained that there was no milk this morning. I almost bought some yesterday, but when I left the house the container was half full. Sometimes it gets drunk and sometimes it gets dumped. UGH!

I have fitness booked for 2 (aquafit with CFF) and then plan to stay afterwards and use the relaxation suite (sauna and steam).

Mel

Hey there.. thanks ill check them out when I get home :).. sry to hear about your friend, hope he has a speedy recovery. Had a good day at the beach, wasn't too cold.. really makes me regret not going as much as I could've living in southern california. Its funny how now I want to try and go out and enjoy myself, bt back then I missed out cause I was so self conscious... I mean I still am, but I'm really getting better :). Have agood time at aquafit, sounds fun :)

Hi Mel - hope you enjoyed aquafit and the relax afterwards - well deserved me thinks. xx

hey Minnie! hope you are doing good today :).. how did it go yesterday? just to relaxing for words? lol

wow just got a look at your pics :) i totally see what you mean... that 20ish lbs make a huge difference on a small frame.. :) very excited now lol

Hi MizPP --

I know how you feel about the "lost opportunities" -- but have you seen the TV programme: "Hot in Cincinnati?" In other words, you probably feel a lot more comfortable and less "judged" on a beach in the U.K. than on one in the rather "superficial" world that is California. So, do not regret not going more there -- just enjoy here! :)

Aquafit was good. There was a replacement instructor and she kicked a$$. But, lol -- I was fiddling around getting my bits and pieces sorted to go in to the pool area, and decided to remove my membership card (for the AF booking) and some money (to pay for the spa), but leave my handbag in car's boot. Not the best idea, as I had put my keys in it! I had to call my son, ask him to find the other key and (after his sister got home from school) drive down to leave the spare key with the people in the spa area. It took him a hour roundtrip: what a good son. He hasn't even mocked me over it (yet)!

The spa area was relaxing and we (CFF and I) were the only ones there for most of our two hours.

Speaking of CFF -- she "kidnapped" me last night. She told me to be ready at 3:45 dressed nice but in shoes I could walk in, if need be. She would supply no further information. She and her DH picked me up on time and her DH drove us to Cambridge.

He dropped us by the Corn Exchange. She picked up tickets from the box office for The Vagina Monologues and then took me to dinner at Jamie Oliver's restaurant (early birthday gift). It was hard to suss an 810/1000 option on the menu... but I had suspected that food might be involved so I had only had my oatmeal, water and coffee earlier.

I had the feathered steak and it was not only delicious but a good low-carb option. However, I did have one drink whilst we waited for our table and some white wine with dinner. I went with low carb choices, but alcohol is not a good idea whilst on a diet. No dessert, only coffee after the show. :)

The show was good. I had seen it about five or so years ago in Bedford and felt that that was a better show, but that could be because I was already familiar with it this time.

I need to get in some fitness today, make sure DD has her uniforms sorted for school this week, and her homework done. Once we have all that sorted, we may go to a very nice pool with a couple of her friends.

Last edited:
Oh Mel - what a nightmare with the keys and I'm sure your DS will find his moment to joke about the round trip LOL, isn't he a good boy though. What a lovely surprise to be taken to a show and dinner, and well done on doing your best with choices, it's never easy to stick to a diet when out. Hope you have a lovely day honey. xx

Hey mel.

Wow the spa sounds lovely. I love it when u can go in when there's hardly anyone else there. Much more relaxing.
And what a lovely friend u have for treating u to dinner and a play. Hope u enjoy the rest of ur weekend. Toooot toooot.!!! Xxx

wow you sound like youve had a great weekend! spa sounds amazing, i bet especially easy to enjoy with no one there lol. sry to hear about your keys.. thats the worst. i accidently locked my purse and a bunch of groceries in the car once, on a hot day in california.. not a good idea if you have meat and frozen stuff lol. i didnt have my phone, but luckily i was at the walmart i worked at so i could ask a friend to borrow their phone to call my mom.. who didnt answer lol. so i had to wait a half hour or so to get a ride home, then another 20 mins or so for my mom to get ready to take me back with the key.. yeah bad day lol
wow you have some great friends to arrange such a great surprise night out! :) cherish them forever! lol.. though now you have to come up with something just as awesome for them... ahh the joys of trying to out do your friends lol. have a great day today MM!

Oh Mel - what a nightmare with the keys

Nah, CFF and I thought it was funny. I used her phone to call DS and he was good sport about it. We discovered the key issue between aquafit and the spa time: so we were planning on being there for at least two more hours. If I was going to make a mistake like that -- it was the best possible way to do it!

However, I am going to tape a note instead my car boot that reads, "DO YOU HAVE YOUR KEYS?" Because I did this a few months ago at the shopping centre adn had to call my DH to come and bring me keys. It was the first time in years since I'd done something like this - and to do it twice in a few months???

and I'm sure your DS will find his moment to joke about the round trip LOL, isn't he a good boy though.

He will -- he is a master mocker. He is also a really good guy. Most people think better of him than I do. ;)

What a lovely surprise to be taken to a show and dinner, and well done on doing your best with choices, it's never easy to stick to a diet when out. Hope you have a lovely day honey. xx

It was lovely -- and she is a really good person.

Wow the spa sounds lovely. I love it when u can go in when there's hardly anyone else there. Much more relaxing.

Emz, It was. Apparently, Friday afternoons are a good time to go. It was just starting to get crowed when we left.

though now you have to come up with something just as awesome for them... ahh the joys of trying to out do your friends lol. have a great day today MM!

MizPP -- CFF's birthday is in November I have been working on a plan.

Mel

Lol I'm sure it'll be great.. hey mine is in november too :)

Back