MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

I use my phone for the most part these days as my mp3 player.

I bought my DS an unlocked iphone3off of ebay.com for his 19th birthday. So, that is all he uses these days. This ipod is one of the long nanos (I think). It was his first -- a 15th or 16th birthday gift. I had my friend's husband set it up and load music on to it -- and then I gave it to him on the morning of his birthday (at about 3:00 a.m.) because he was up to catch a bus to ride to Germany (15 hours) to play in a soccer tournament! It got well used that first day! ;)

Oo dennys haha that brings back so many memories. Its pretty much where you end up hanging out late at night with your friends when you grow in in southern california lol. Man just remembering getting into bed to go to sleep getting a call from your friend 'wanna go to dennys ' 'yea kool come.pick me up' and getting up and dressed and going out.

When DH and I were dating -- we worked in the same place, but I worked days only and he worked shift work. So, when he was on swing shift (4 to 12) I would go home from work, do what I needed to do, then take a nap, get up and he'd come by and pick me up at 12:30 a.m. and we'd drive about 15 miles to the nearest Denny's for a Grandslam Breakfast and coffee. I go back to bed about 3, get up at 6:30 -- have coffee (no breakfast) and go to work! I'd be a wreck if I did that now.

Ps moons over my hammy is amazing lol
What's this?

DD's hair is soooo cute. She is well-pleased!

danny's is one chain i've not heard of.

danny's is one chain i've not heard of.

Denny's (with an 'e'). They are known for their 24 hour breakfasts and senior (OAP) special meal offers.

Denny's Restaurants - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 24/7

My MIL will probably take someone who drives her to church out for brunch with the Denney's gift card. She'll use the Red Lobster, Chili's and Cracker Barrel ones to treat ladies who take her shopping. They won't ler her chip in for gas, but she treats them a "gift card" (so it isn't her pension money) they are okay with that. And she LOVES to eat out. All those years of cooking for her large brood -- it makes a nice change.

the thing i really liked about staying in the state was walking to a garage/service station and paying for a flavoured coffee. nom nom! then the deli foods were fabby too!

the thing i really liked about staying in the state was walking to a garage/service station and paying for a flavoured coffee. nom nom! then the deli foods were fabby too!

I was just chatting with the haridresser (who has American cousins) about all the Starbucks holiday coffee flavours. I brought her in a frozen Mrs Smith's Sweet Potato Pie as a part of her tip - she loves these and I can only get them around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last edited:
Mobile Dennys.com - Moons Over My Hammy®

Soo yummy i get it everytime i go to dennys

It looks totally like something my DH would love!

How are you this morning, MizPP?

DD and I had dinner at RAF Mildenhall last night (a big base near the bigger base) -- and I had Taco Bell (A chicken salad, and I did not eat the bowl). She had Burger King (which I always tell her she can get elsewhere, but she loves it).

I was going to get Popeye's chicken for the boys, but DH texted that he picked up a pizza. They love when they eat unhealthily. lol

H
Just popped by to see how it is all going. Are you getting ready for xmas yet? Seems to be the theme today, xmas trees popping up everywhere :) I love xmas

H
Just popped by to see how it is all going. Are you getting ready for xmas yet? Seems to be the theme today, xmas trees popping up everywhere :) I love xmas

Hi Egbert!

I am working on it -- baby steps. I have ordered via internet my in-laws gifts: fresh wreaths (and they have been shipped). I have something for my MIL to post (restaurant gift cards) -- hopefully, today.

I am getting a packages together for my immediate family, cousins, and Stateside friends -- and those need to be sorted and posted asap. I did get Advent Calendars out to my great neice and nephew and my UK (now in Texas) BFF's three kids. I have my family's advent calendars out -- including one for the dog (lol). My husband's is a Bitberg Beer one! Very funny!

I have DD sorted for her big gift, DH sorted for his big gift, DS not so much -- but he is sorted from DD and the dog! lol

I have DS's Nightmare before Christmas tree (my avatar) set up in the TV/ironing room upstairs (he refuses to put it up in his own room nowadays). DD has a tree for her room -- but she can put that up herself. I am going to put the Thanksgiving stuff back in the garage this afternoon -- and have already swap around the dishes so the Christmas ones are in the cupboards.

I am hoping to get the Christmas tree up and decorated, along with the house by next weekend. The shopping/mailing must be done first as most of it is going to the U.S. and there is a deadline looming. *sigh*

How are you doing?

Had a good day today, the shower was getting fixed ao im just now getting to my cardio. Made my schedule for tomorrow (food and fitness) and it seems to be going really well for me doing it that way we shall see when the WI comes around again.
Sent you an email :).

Hi MizPP,

I packed, addressed and customs formed one box! I also filled out all the customs forms I have on hand to get those boxes ready. I need several others -- I had no idea I was mailing out so much. You'd think I'd know by now. (I am usually all sorted by Halloween. *sigh*) -- I am month behind!

I have been back on the internet -- CFF asked me to help ger DH get something via ebay for her Stepfather -- so, I am trying to see what i can work out for them.

Still not out of the house to shop, etc. BAD ME!

Tssk tssk.. Lol i have loads to do as well we are only do cards this year i think because we cant really afford the shipping. Do you still fill out the british custom forms or are they the american ones.. I found that the american ones are a lot more involved than than the british ones. We were selling on ebay for a bit so ive filled out loads lol.

Tssk tssk.. Lol i have loads to do as well we are only do cards this year i think because we cant really afford the shipping. Do you still fill out the british custom forms or are they the american ones.. I found that the american ones are a lot more involved than than the british ones. We were selling on ebay for a bit so ive filled out loads lol.

American ones - I am posting through the air force base so I only pay the postage from New York to wherever. I am trying ti use priorty flaterate boxes to anything going west of the Mississppi as it is a savings (in almost every case). To the east coast, not always.

I have not done a Christmas letter, yet (I resisted doing one for years, but then wasn't getting my cards mailed). And, I keep saying I am going to "print address labels" but never do -- *sigh*

The "boy" only brought back five forms... so, I use up those along with the others and get more tomorrow when I mail (or make him do it lol). I just want the wrapping, packing, addressing and posting of packages done and dusted -- as I said the deadline looms.

That reminds DS better order what he wants from the States or it won't get here in time. I asked him to do that two months ago. *sigh*

Do you have to do the customs for the stuff going to the US or is that just the stuff to canada? Haha just curious it seems a bit complicated.. Yea we are gonna have to get our cards together this next week so we can get them sent out. Im making a bear for.my sis as well i was gonna do a cowgirl but im thinking.now ill try to give it a big prego belly lol.

Do you have to do the customs for the stuff going to the US or is that just the stuff to canada? Haha just curious it seems a bit complicated.. Yea we are gonna have to get our cards together this next week so we can get them sent out. Im making a bear for.my sis as well i was gonna do a cowgirl but im thinking.now ill try to give it a big prego belly lol.

Everything has to have a customs form... stuff coming here, stuff going there *sigh* -- we do not have to pay customs, but we still have to list the contents, value, to and from on the forms.

How about a bear with a pocket and little bear in it (like a kangaroo!).

Hmm.. Ill have to think about that idea for a ht t sounds kool i just gave to think if i wiukd actually be able to do the small bear (i already finished the body od the main one)

Hmm.. Ill have to think about that idea for a ht t sounds kool i just gave to think if i wiukd actually be able to do the small bear (i already finished the body od the main one)

I have faith in your talents! ;)

Friday, December 2, 2011

I got a bit done around the house -- not enough -- never is... then I went out and bought two dresses (and bought a few Christmas things and some groceries) -- I hope one of them will work for tomorrow night's do. I cannot remember what time my hair appt. is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll have to call at 9:00 a.m. to find out. I think it was early afternoon -- but really have no idea.

I want to get some housework and errands done in the morning before I go to my appt.

Back