MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

WOW Nikki -- I am awestruck. I always am when faced with talent and determination. I hope the job is going well.

Egbert -- How is the CD going? I am easing into it... but definitely feeling less bloated already.

FitatFifty -- How were the holidays with your son(s)? Did you get a lot done around your house? The weather has been unreal and being on the coast must be terrifying.

So, far on my Resolutions -- I have practiced the piano, worn my pedometer for the past two days (not impressive steps), did some of the mountain of ironing, rode my exercise bike, etc. but it is making it all part of a daily routine. Are you still doing the Kettleworx?

Mel

Mel I admire you for having done the ironing! It is my worst chore even with a super duper steam generator thingy! The novelty wore off very quickly!

Hope the re-start is going well.

Hi Kira!

Mel I admire you for having done the ironing! It is my worst chore even with a super duper steam generator thingy! The novelty wore off very quickly!

Hope the re-start is going well.

Not perfect, but not too bad.

How is yours going?

LOL no Kidding. It is my least favourite thing to do. I bought one of those steam generator irons, and I now have a steam press (recent aquisition) -- I am not sure how much use I will get from that as I most of my mountain are my DH's shirts.

I have had ironing services in the past -- the last two I tried did not do a good job. One of the ladies smoked and the clothes reeked when returned, adn the other picked up and delivered in a tiny car, so the clothes were wrinkle by being stuffed into it. I had to touch everything up.

I am determined to iron that mountain and keep up with it. Wish me luck (and endurance). ;)

How is your new year going?

Mel

Are those steam generator irons good, worth the money? Do they make life easier? I have been coveting one but can't convince myself it's worth it. I have a huge pile, about every item in all our closets is waiting to be ironed right now. That's today's job, once I can get out of bed, when the lemsips kick in.

Are those steam generator irons good, worth the money? Do they make life easier? I have been coveting one but can't convince myself it's worth it. I have a huge pile, about every item in all our closets is waiting to be ironed right now. That's today's job, once I can get out of bed, when the lemsips kick in.

They soooo are... but do your reserach and buy the best you can. I recommend a ceramic plate and get the most pressure, one with the anti calc thing, etc. There is a new one out by Bosch that I so want... but it hard to justify as I already have one. But I may get that and ebay my other. It cuts the time it takes to iron down by so much. If you know someone with one, borrow it and try it out.

I don't iron anything at all. i think we've had the ironing board out maybe twice or three times in the five years we've lived in our flat. If it needs ironing, i don't buy it. My husband's shirts could probably do with it, but frankly, that's his look out. I'm not about to start doing his ironing for him. For myself, everything I buy contains lycra at some level or other, or can be dried in such a way that the creases fall out.

i spose if i had to iron school shirts i might, but my mum used to stick them in the tumble drier and the creases fell out that way.

I don't iron anything at all. i think we've had the ironing board out maybe twice or three times in the five years we've lived in our flat. If it needs ironing, i don't buy it.

How American of you! ;)

My husband's shirts could probably do with it, but frankly, that's his look out. I'm not about to start doing his ironing for him.

I no longer work outside the home, so I suspect he feels that should. He would never dare say it, though.

For myself, everything I buy contains lycra at some level or other, or can be dried in such a way that the creases fall out.

I have some things like this -- but are a 100% cotton family and that makes for ironing.

i spose if i had to iron school shirts i might, but my mum used to stick them in the tumble drier and the creases fell out that way.

I line dry, tumble fluff, then iron touch up my DD's school uniform shirts.

I hate ironing...

Bought mine few months before decided to give up working (end of August) and I couldn't believe how it revolutionized my life! All those years for juggling work, kids home etc. Even though the novetly wore off I still prefer the steam generator mine's a Tefal and I bought the one with highest bar as that gives more steam. It was about £170 in the sale but you can get cheaper ones that are pretty good too.

Ilike Spangles idea of buying stuff that you don't iron!! However, husband is a lawyer and wear white shirts with cuffs he likes ironed in a particular way........alas, now I'm not working full time I have to do the ironing!! I'd feel a tad guilty if I didn't given poor love works late every week night and on weekends (hence I gave it up!!)

I feel a shopping spree coming on - I was looking into those irons a few months ago but sidetracked myself. There must be some in the sales now though right . . .

I never ironed a thing until pregnant with my son and then I just got these need to do it - what a weird craving! Its a pain to get started but once Im iroing away I sdo find it quite relaxing - but shhh, dont tell OH

Afternoon, Mel.

I cant imagine how I ever managed for so many years with out my steam generator iron. I have had my Tefal one for over 6 years and it makes ironing so easy. I get quite disappointed when there is nothing else to iron. ;) You can always tell the people who dont do any ironing. I must admit I dont miss the days when I had 20 school shirts and 5 business shirts to iron each week. Tee shirts are so much easier and DHs shorts and trackie bottoms dont need ironing.

Pam xxx

Hey Mel - just checking how you are!

Are you coming with Kira and me on our race to lose a stone? I am doing SS+ and I think Kira is doing SS (could be wrong) weigh in is wednesday, so if we all disclose last wednedays's start weight and go from there?

Morning. I like your target Bettie, of doing exercise daily. That would be a good thing to do, I think I will add that to mine. I do a 2 mile walk in the week most days, but it's not exactly tiring as we don't get breathless. The problem I have is that I don't like running etc . Hmm. What exercise can I do

Ladies, I'm doing SS+. Just found they every time I tried SS I gave up early evening. The losses don't seem to be significantly different but could be that because I am active I am using more calories? I would only do the odd SS day if I didn't feel like having anything to eat/drink but find I can only do that if I am out shopping all day!!

Happy Sunday!

Hey Mel - just checking how you are!

Thanks! Pretty good.

Are you coming with Kira and me on our race to lose a stone?

I will join you -- but I have been a bad bad this week.

I need to "get my head in the game". I am going to go back to the beginning with Beck.

I never picked up the exercise when I started the thread with MrsPayne212, but kept posting ARCs.

And that was wrong... I needed to stay where I was stuck until I "got it" -- the way I did last winter (when I managed to be so good for four months and got back to a BMI of 25 -- before stopping with the Beck).

I am doing SS+ and I think Kira is doing SS (could be wrong) weigh in is wednesday, so if we all disclose last wednedays's start weight and go from there?

I am doing SS+ and CD810/1000. I am trying to be very low carb, drink my water, and need to add in fitness.

Lat Wednesday was 162.4. (BTW my DH lost 3 pounds this week on South Beach. The B^st^rd!)

Morning. I like your target Bettie, of doing exercise daily.

I agree, great target -- and I read in your diary that you dusted of the WiiFit and used your EAActive (45 min.) and now are out walking! I am impressed. Well done! All action, little talk!

Ladies, I'm doing SS+. Just found they every time I tried SS I gave up early evening.

The evenings are hard for me, too. I have some teas I am going to try and use.

The losses don't seem to be significantly different but could be that because I am active I am using more calories?

Studies show that you lose as much on 880 calories as you on 460 because on a VLCD your body becomes very efficient and goes into "starvation mode" so your metabolism slows right down.

I would only do the odd SS day if I didn't feel like having anything to eat/drink but find I can only do that if I am out shopping all day!!

For shoes? ;)

Other than working out my fingers on the keyboard -- I've done any fitness (yet). I need to go run a couple of errands and then get back and DO SOMETHING!

Mel

Hey mel.. Dont you hate how guys cab simple just say cut out pop and lose weight.. Very irritating we cant help it if we have hormones lol.. Especially cause my OH is starting to cut back and eat better so hell start losing soon. im happy he wants to be more healthy, but darn it i just got below his weight for the first time ever lol. Ah well if all else fails ill pass him back up in no time.
I just realized today when i was updating my ticker that im only 2 lbs away from having under 100lbs to lose! Idk why that feels so significant maybe cause i will.no longer be in the triple digits overweight :).
So i was thinking about starting up beck again, you sound like your game :).. Any ideas when you want to or where in the book you want to start from?

Hi Page,

Hey mel.. Dont you hate how guys cab simple just say cut out pop and lose weight.. Very irritating we cant help it if we have hormones lol.. Especially cause my OH is starting to cut back and eat better so hell start losing soon. im happy he wants to be more healthy, but darn it i just got below his weight for the first time ever lol. Ah well if all else fails ill pass him back up in no time.
I just realized today when i was updating my ticker that im only 2 lbs away from having under 100lbs to lose! Idk why that feels so significant maybe cause i will.no longer be in the triple digits overweight :).
So i was thinking about starting up beck again, you sound like your game :).. Any ideas when you want to or where in the book you want to start from?

I can see how being in double not triple digets would be significant. I know I will feel the same when I drop into the next lower stone bracket.

I think I will pick up the book and start reading from the beginning, but I will move through the days more than a day at a time, but then I will have to make sure I am doing all the steps -- and I need to start an exercise plan and stick with it. I never did when we were doing this last year.

So, shall we go back and
"edit" or previous ARCs in a different coloured font... until we actually are at the point where we can add new ones?

Mel

Back