Mirjam's Cruise diet

I'm baaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :) Am absolutely pooped so will write my update tomorrow x

bated breath...

Day 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 - of 60

Wow! It's been quite a week.... It started off great although I've had big difficulties in getting the right food. There's no meat under 5% fat, even the steak tartar (which is the leanest mince you can get in Holland) had 10%. Not a good start! Further, no supermarket sells spray oil so I decided to do a week of Atkins instead but still kept my fat intake to a minimum. On a good note, there's plenty of oat bran on sale so bought 3 bags :) AND there's a vanilla yoghurt with 0% fat and only 4.4gr sugar so less than the Muller ones.

Did some shopping on Tuesday with my mum and bought some lovely tunics in white, khaki and black with matching boleros. Then, the week took a turn for the worse.... my dad had an infection on his stomach and he received some antibiotics for it and then he got sick. Nausia, cramped up legs and back, slurred speech, high fever.... the doctor came and decided he had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. He's diabetic and has prostate cancer so she didn't want to take any risks. They checked him over on A&E, did all sorts of tests, took his temperature (it was 38.3 but it was close to 40 when we first checked it), checked his blood (his white bloodcell count was too high so that implies an infection but the one on his stomach wasn't causing it) but had no idea what caused the high fever. They decided he had to stay so that they could do more tests so I took my mum back home. The next day he wasa llowed to go home but they still hadn't any idea what was wrong with him. He could hardly walk out of the hospital and needed to stop and sit after 5 steps so I got him a golf cart so that he could be driven to the car. He hasn't been out of his bed since he got back from the hospital and even though he's feeling a little bit better every day he's still very weak :( I hated having to leave them yesterday to come back home but they reassured me that he's fine and everything's under control.

I wish I could say the same about my weight, I've gained 2kg last week due to all the stress and not drinking enough water :( What's done is done so no more looking back and just looking forward. Back on the water again today and a two days of PP will kick start the loss again.
All in all, I've had a great time and am looking forward to my next visit in November! :) x

Last edited:
Mirjam - your poor family. In the grand scheme of things, our weight really isn't that important. I'm glad you were there to support your parents through this awful time.

As you say, plenty of water ;)

I sgree Joanne, weight was the least of my worries.... I'll just do some extra days after I've done the 60 to still get to my goal x

Day 37 of 60 - PV

I've already dropped 1kg of the weight I gained over the past week so it's looking good :D

B - tomato/cheese/bacon omelette
L - chicken salad
D - meatballs
S - not sure yet, might make some chicken soup

Sorry to hear about your dad.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.
I don't know Mirjam, our dads have a lot to answer for - I found a white hair yesterday!!! :eek:

Well done for getting back on track too. I am sure that extra kg will be gone in no time.

Thanks RH, he's getting better slowly but he feels still very weak. I know all about white/grey hairs, I've got plenty! :(

Day 37 of 60 - PP

Made some very nice chicken soup yesterday and am glad hubby doesn't like chicken soup so there's more for little me :D:D:D
Good news, hubby's started this morning with Attack. He's looking forward to starting it officially as I've already been giving him the same food as I've done for the last month but he's also going to use the oatbran. Good thing I bought 3 bags in Holland last week!
Weight's still dropping, already lost 1.5kg...

Breakfast will be bacon and ham omelette, then yoghurt and tuna fishcakes for lunch followed by chicken for dinner and sweet galette for dessert.

Day 38 of 60 - PV

Weight's still dropping so I'm a happy puppy. Hubby's really enjoying the galette although last night he put too little splenda in it and when we tried a tiny bit it didn't taste that nice. Oh well, he has to learn :)

Am so looking forward to my chicken soup for lunch, am gonna eat all that's left. Breakfast will be a ham/tomato/herb omelette and dinner pork medallions with a mustard sauce and a salad. For snacks I will have a nice lime galette and some ff yoghurt. That's me sorted for today! :D

He's slowly recovering Wheesht, thanks for asking. Gained some weight today, ran out of lean bacon so used a "normal" one so retaining water now... life's a beach! :D

Day 39 of 60 - PP

TGI Friday! I'm a bit bored today but have to go door-2-door to hand out some flyers for a murder mystery I'm hosting in 2 weeks. Did an hours' walk yesterday in the lovely sunshine and will do the same today. Need to walk off the extra water lol.

What am I gonna eat today? Hmmm.. let's think. Omelette and yoghurt for breakfast, chicken for lunch and spicy meatballs for dinner. Jelly for snacks. Not very insprirational today, sorry!

We certainly have to make the most of this lovely sunshine, you're right...

I agree! Am off for my flyer deliveries now :)

Day 40 of 60 - PV

Have decided that if I haven't reached my true weight goal in 20 days I will continue a bit longer on cruise so that I do get down to what I'm supposed to weigh. Going up and down a bit this week with today going down again. Not sure if it's totm that's rearing it's ugly head around the corner or not as I'm quite irregular atm.

B - bacon/tomato omelette
L - maybe dukan pizza
D - no idea yet, will stop by my butcher to see what he's got on offer
S - ff greek yoghurt with splenda and lime juice

Oooooh I'd LOVE to got a murder mystery weekend! It's on my 'to do' list. Have you organised them before? Is it part of your job? <nosy>

I've been up and down weight wise for the past two weeks, which is a bit frustrating. It will eventually go though. Lucky you only have 20 more days on Cruise - really hope you get to your ideal weight by then!

I don't do weekends but do host evenings or during the day whatever the client wants :) Have done quite a few now and I still enjoy it so much! It's so nice to see how people change from nice persons into backstabbing, conniving, cheating and lying characters :D:D:D
You really should attend a murder mystery, I can highly recommend it.

I notice you're from Scotland too, where do you live Wheesht?

I hope to reach goal in 20 days but if not, I'll take one day at the time and see how quick I can get to my true weight. I'm in no hurry :)

Just checking in to see how your dad is doing?
Hope he is getting better.
Red :heartpump: xx

Hi RH, spoke to my mum yesterday and he's still very week and in bed. I've told her to tell him to get up and walk around a bit, even if it's to the shed just to get some fresh air as staying in bed takes your strength away too. Told her to tell him to get off his lazy butt! I guess he just likes to be spoilt by my mum too much :D xx

Back