Mirjam's Cruise diet

I still am now, and hope they'll go back into the studio soon for a new album, their last one dates back to 2007 :(
Marti's got a new album coming out this year with Celtic love songs so that'll be nice. Graeme Clark has just released his first solo album so am very curious to find out what that's like too.

Oooohhhhh he still has that winning smile and I like a bit of maturity in a man!!!! LOL - your smile says it all. Hope you having a good Dukan week Mirjam. x

great photos Mirjam will be good if WWW bring out a new CD I for one will defo buy - Mr Pellow just has a fabulous voice Im going to find their cds now so I can listen in the car tomorrow going to work :)

Thanks guys, I really felt like the cat who got the cream lol! Well, back on the wagon, am doing a PV lite version for the next 10 days and so far it has helped as I've already lost 1.7kg since yesterday :D
This afternoon I start with my second week of training, have to run for 3mins now. Literally have been having nightmares this past night that I wasn't gonna be able too :(

So, food for today is:
B - shake
L - turkey chili
D - Shrimp Marinara
S - egg whites, wasabi salmon fillet

That should tie me over, I need extra protein today due to the gym. Have a great day everyone! x

I am so out of the music scene it's untrue and I still have no idea who you're talking about! French radio has far too many adverts for my liking, so I rarely turn it on, and they never say who's singing anyway so I'm often surprised when I hear that this or that song was this or that artist's!

Glad you're having some success with the weight loss :)

Last edited:
Another day in the life of Mirjam. Woke up not feeling to good, have a sore throat, migraine/head ache and am coughing. Hope I don't come down with a cold, can't use that at the moment.

Was so pleased yesterday when I finished my training session! As you have read, I was literally having nightmares about not being able to run for 3 mins but actually I found it easier than I thought :) I was glad after every 3mins running session, but I managed to run for a total of 11 minutes. In a couple of weeks I should be able to run that continuously, but until that, every time I am able to run more mins per session, I'm happy :D
Today's a rest day and am glad cos all I want to do is go home, and get to bed.

The weight's going down rapidly as well, since Monday I've now lost 6lbs and haven't lost that much that quick when I started Dukan! Truth be told, I've adapted the Dukan diet a bit and am probably eating some foods that are not tolerated but the weight's dropping and that's the main thing.

Thank God it's almost Friday.... can't wait for the weekend! Nothing special planned, just a quiet one except for my gym sessions. Have been really tired this week so a chilled weekend watching tv will do me good.

Weight loss is continuing, another lb this morning so that's 7lbs since Monday.

Food for today is:
B - shake
L - chicken salad
D - not sure yet
S - egg whites and chicken strips

That's really good Mirjam - you must be nearly at your target aren't you? Menus look great and fab that you are keeping the gym going. Hope you have a really good weekend and get to chill out. I am tired this week too - not sure why but the accounts not helping my energy levels!! LOL. BTW I lived in Holland for 3 yrs and my Aunt lives in Amsterdam. REALLY loved the food there though most of it was not Dukan diet friendly!!!!! LOL x

I wish Trudy, but am nowhere near my target.... am just not updating my stats on purpose lol. I have to keep the gym going as I have only 14 weeks left to be able to run the 5K I've enlisted for.
I can understand that doing the accounts are boring, can never imagine myself being an accountant!

Do you speak any Dutch and what was your favorite Dutch food? I absolutely miss the frikandellen, kroketten and patatje mayo and the good licorice and of course the cheese. I always have one of each when I'm back home, together with decent melted cheese spread and a sandwich with filet Americain :)
You can make the Dutch diet Dukan friendly, believe me, that's what I did when I went over to Holland in August x

Hi Mrs M just catching up with your news - running - ugh!!! You are very good and I take my virtual hat of to you. How is the sore throat gone I hope.
Discussion in the staff room yesterday between my Dukan friend and I about what we are going to eat when we go to Holland in March. I said 'dont worry, I know someone that can help'.

HELP - Mirjam!!!

Hi Chris, yes, I've been bitten by the running bug! I don't want to, but have to but must say, now that I can run a bit longer, I start to enjoy it. Am so sore from my training yesterday though! :(
Sore throat is thankfully gone. You will enjoy Holland, are you staying in one particular town or are you planning to do lots of sight seeing and for how long are you going? Most of the restaurants (especially in the tourist places like Amsterdam) will have multi lingual menus and eating out Dukan style will not be a problem at all. There's plenty of fish, meat and poultry on the menu, just ask to hold the chips or potatoes (as they come standard with the main course, just like in the UK). If you let me know where you will be staying (at what hotel) I will have a look at their menu and tell you what's best to eat.
Breakfast will be continental breakfast so that's muesli, yoghurt, bread, croissants etc. but also a selection of cold meats and cheeses (of course). I'm sure that if you ask reception when you check in if you can have poached or scrambled egg or an omelette at breakfast that won't be a problem. Hope this helps, but as I said, please let me know where you will be staying so that I can pinpoint it a bit better :) X

TGI FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
I made a bit of a boo boo with my training schedule this week, I thought it was 3 mins run, 4 mins walk but I misread, it is 3 mins run, 3 mins walk :(
I did alter my training yesterday a bit though, did 2x 3 mins run, 2x 3 mins walk, 1x 3 min run, 2x 4 mins walk and 2 mins run (entering cooldown). So only half of the time I did it right :sigh:
Well, there's 2 more sessions this week, Sat and Sun so I'll make sure I get it right then :)
Weight's still going down, another lb today so that makes it 8lbs in 5 days. Not bad! :D

Mealplan today is as follows:
B - shake
L - chicken salad
D - grilled salmon with a horseradish/lemon crust and veggies (not sure which ones yet)
S - curried chicken strips and egg whites

Well done Mirjam - the exercise thing seems to be going great but understand why you are feeling sore - I am too and have put it down to riding which is annoying but I think I just need to get fit to it again. My back which was 100% when I was carrying 77lbs more is now hurting - go figure????
You made my mouth water with all your food list, although it isn't dutch I loved the availability of indonesian food - bami/nasi and satay sauce with everything!!! Also your cakes Kristoffel cake I think it is called but not sure! Also great frites with mayo and..............well the list could go on. Also you have a celebration early in the year with doughnuts???? AMAZING!!!! Now I need to shut up!!
Hope you have a good Dukan weekend, anything nice planned? I work till Monday so days are filled up and have a singing concert tonight to do and off to the movies tomorrow with my diet muffins to avoid the popcorn calling my name! Hope you feel less sore. x

PS - can say hello, good night and thanks in Dutch - tried to talk it more but difficult when everyone speaks such good English - puts all us Brits to shame!! x

It doesn't, it's just that the Dutch Government finds it very important for us Dutchies to speak more than 1 language.... English is mandatory and we are taught French and German in middle school and if you want to learn another language you can. Some peeps even have gone for Latin and New Greek but that's only when you do middle school on the highest level...

Yes, we have a New Year's Eve celebration with Oliebollen en appelflappen (oliebollen are like fritters but filled with raisins and sultanas and topped with icing sugar..... I'm drooling now lol) and appelflappen are the applefritters, look like donuts cos of the whole. Also topped with both ground cinnamon and icing sugar.
I love satay, but I make it a bit different than the Indonesians do as they use coconut in it and I'm not too fond of coconut in my peanut sauce.

Weekend wise I have a hair appointment tomorrow, then afterwards I need to go to the sweetshop (no, not to buy sweets although I really fancy some licorice at the moment) to pay my shelf rent and I want some more running shirts and a long running trouser for when I'm running outside in the cold (and it's cold up here in Aberdeen A LOT!) Training on Sat and Sun and the rest of the weekend (evenings) will be on the couch, with my kitty on my lap, underneath my fleece blanky, watching tv :D x

Those are the yummy things I am talking about - Olliebollen!!! YUM YUM!!! Your weekend days sound busy, hope it's a good one and a great diet one. T x

I know, they do sound busy, but hope to relax enough too! Long dip in the jacuzzi Sunday me thinks :) x

Back