Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Well done MM. you're well in control x

Thanks!
I actually think i could be doing so much better if work wasnt so manic!
It has gone from a great job to pretty horrendous overnight and what was set to be a temporary situation now looks to be permanent.
Thats why i dont comment on here much these days as i am permanently shattered!
Still on the plus side, if it continues, it should make it very easy to go back on the shakes for the next phase :)

Been out for food today but going to be very good from now to weigh day and hopefully get a loss next week :)

Have they cut staff then MM.

Main thing is not to turn to carby food to compensate. x

It's rotten when work takes over your life like that :(

When are you planning to start the food replacement again Miss M? xx

No not cut staff as such but closed a city centre court so now instead of averaging 8 prisoners a day, i now average 35!
Gone from average 3.30 finishes to 6pm. And gone from a tick along nicely day to full on manic from 7.30am to 6pm :(
It was only supposed to last while the other courts cells were refurbished but that was 3 month ago and there is no talk of it going back to normal!
Now as time goes on, they are putting more and more work onto me as i manage it well! Sometimes being good at your job is not a good thing!!
I plan healthy controlled meals but often work is too busy to find time to eat and other days i dont get home until late so i go from the healthy tea i had planned to an unhealthy quick and easy option. Like wednesday had planned fish and vegetables but finished work at 8pm so ended up picking up kfc! I didnt even want it!!

Katie i was going to do october and november for another 2 stone but i might actually start in september now instead. I am looking forward to it :)

Maintenance is hard hard work and the weight will always fluctuate especially as we're not "naturally slim" the main thing you should take is your still logging so can see where you go wrong. Too many times I've buried my head in the sand. Welldone for not giving up xxx

Maintenance is hard hard work and the weight will always fluctuate especially as we're not "naturally slim" the main thing you should take is your still logging so can see where you go wrong. Too many times I've buried my head in the sand. Welldone for not giving up xxx

Yes i definitely think thats where i have gone wrong in the past carrie. Losing a bit then disappearing off here and going into denial mode and before i know it im back where i started.
Hoping to change that this time.
I also think that i have given myself a better time frame this time. Normally i want too much weight off in not enough time but this time my total plan takes a whole year!!

That's usually the way MM. The better you do your job the more employers pile on the pressure. That is a massive rise in work load :eek:.

Keeping your eye on the scales will nip any wayward eating in the bud though x

Hope the job settles down hon. If it gets too much please say so.. Don't want you to get stressed x

I think you are maintaining really well. And what's really important is that you are still on here and keeping in touch with everyone.

Going from 8 to 35 prisoners a day is an awful lot! To be honest I think you're doing really well maintenance wise. it is really difficult to stick to healthy meals when you have a busy job.

Job sounds manic at the moment, hope it soon settles down.

It's good that you're looking forward to starting TS again, that's half the battle xx

Ok so this week hasnt been great food wise either.
I seem to be on a slippery slope and i dont like it.
Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow but i will face the music :)
I have been better so far today and have made a very conscious effort.
The stupid thing is is that the things im eating im not really wanting or enjoying, which again tells me its old habits rearing their ugly head!!

I have now planned meals for the week that i will stick to and healthy snacks.

I enjoyed the healthy controlled eating at the start if this phase and whats more, because i didnt stuff myself, i enjoyed all my food a lot more.

The funny thing is, im still craving salads and fruit but i have been eating rubbish! There is no need!!

Line under it and its about what i do about it from now.

Weigh in is gonna be a shocker :(

Old habits are my downfall too miss mac. Nipping it in the bud is the right thing to do. A small gain is acceptable, but thats as much as you want otherwise you will feel like you have wasted your own time. Keep trying chick :)
And keep planning :)
Both work :)

Ok so this week hasnt been great food wise either. I seem to be on a slippery slope and i dont like it. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow but i will face the music :) I have been better so far today and have made a very conscious effort. The stupid thing is is that the things im eating im not really wanting or enjoying, which again tells me its old habits rearing their ugly head!! I have now planned meals for the week that i will stick to and healthy snacks. I enjoyed the healthy controlled eating at the start if this phase and whats more, because i didnt stuff myself, i enjoyed all my food a lot more. The funny thing is, im still craving salads and fruit but i have been eating rubbish! There is no need!! Line under it and its about what i do about it from now. Weigh in is gonna be a shocker :(

Miss mac - I know exactly what you mean, why is it that we ignore our bodies? I've made a pact with my body, I will eat what it wants. At the moment it's telling me it wants exante strangely enough but last week it wanted a white chocolate magnum so I had one :)

Sounds like you have recognised your old habits and that's half the battle - well done!

You've nipped it inn the bud though and not let it carry on, so whereas some old habits are still there, there are new and improved ones that are taking over.

Whatever the scales say, you have the power to change them for the better - stay strong honey xx

Old habits are my downfall too miss mac. Nipping it in the bud is the right thing to do. A small gain is acceptable, but thats as much as you want otherwise you will feel like you have wasted your own time. Keep trying chick :) And keep planning :) Both work :)

Its tough at every stage and i certainly dont want to have wasted my time again!

I hope i can get it back on track xx

Miss mac - I know exactly what you mean, why is it that we ignore our bodies? I've made a pact with my body, I will eat what it wants. At the moment it's telling me it wants exante strangely enough but last week it wanted a white chocolate magnum so I had one :) Sounds like you have recognised your old habits and that's half the battle - well done!

I know yoyo, if i only ate what i truly wanted i would be fine!
I dont know why i feel the need to eat rubbish even when i dont really want it.
I do blame work and how busy it is but thats an excuse. For example there is no need to turn to fast food at the end of a busy day when eggs are the perfect fast food and an omelette is so much tastier and healthier. Xx

You've nipped it inn the bud though and not let it carry on, so whereas some old habits are still there, there are new and improved ones that are taking over. Whatever the scales say, you have the power to change them for the better - stay strong honey xx

I think i have had my wake up call but think the scales will confirm it but as you say, i can change them for the better, and i will :)

Back