Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

1.5lb on

I swear I haven't cheated and I've stuck to my points but I just knew it would be a gain because of how I feel!
Strange thing is though, how can I feel every ounce of the 1.5lb gain, yet I can let stones go on so easily!

Are you a bit constipated MM, that would explain the bloated feeling x

Are you a bit constipated MM, that would explain the bloated feeling x

Not constipated as such susie but rarely feel 'empty' when I've been if that makes sense.
I don't want to start taking laxatives though incase my body ends up relying on them.

What a lovely conversation eh lol

Ha ha, its a very frequent conversation that us nurses have :rolleyes: x

Ha ha, its a very frequent conversation that us nurses have :rolleyes: x

Been to doctors and he is trying me on IBS medication.
I didn't think it would be that as reading up on it says you have extremes of constipation and diahorrea which I don't have and didn't think trapped wind was a symptom.
Hope it works though, I'm sick of being in pain all day

Symptoms for IBS can vary significantly so worth giving the meds a go MM X

I've suffered from stress related ibs and trapped wind was one of my symptoms, my tummy would swell up massively and I couldn't sit or even button my bigger trousers. If look about 7 months pregnant honestly. Hope your symptoms improve with the meds. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I've suffered from stress related ibs and trapped wind was one of my symptoms, my tummy would swell up massively and I couldn't sit or even button my bigger trousers. If look about 7 months pregnant honestly. Hope your symptoms improve with the meds. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I could have said it was stress related in my old job but my new job is great. This problem has been going on for a while now though. It started in my old job but I think it's definitely food related.
I bloat up like that too carrie.
My trousers can fit perfect in the morning and by 9am I am bursting out of them.
I just never thought of bothering the doctor until last Tuesday I felt like I was having a heart attack as the pains were in the left side of my chest but I knew it was only trapped wind.
I realised then that I needed to do something.
I know onions trigger it off for definite but not sure what else.
I need to try food elimination but not exactly sure how to do that yet.

On a brighter note, one of my sisters has just had her baby so I'm an auntie again

Congratulations MM. Boy or Girl. Any names yet x

Congratulations MM. Boy or Girl. Any names yet x

It's a boy susie! They have called him koby. Just been to hospital to see them and he's lush!

My other sister is due in 6 weeks and we already know it's a boy for that one!

Congrats on auntydom MM. I hope you find your IBS trigger soon. It's bananas and avocados which trigger mine so badly I can hardly breathe. I absolutely love both of them too :(

Seeing new babies make everything seem wonderful. Enjoy!

Congrats on auntydom MM. I hope you find your IBS trigger soon. It's bananas and avocados which trigger mine so badly I can hardly breathe. I absolutely love both of them too :(

Seeing new babies make everything seem wonderful. Enjoy!

I'm going to have to do an elimination diet soon in order to find my triggers.
I am a creature of habit and tend to eat the same foods so it's hard to identify the problem ones.

So I'm going to have to go back on the shakes as I think that will be the easiest start point the introduce each food from there.
It's gonna be hard but it has to be done.
Not sure when I'm going to start though lol!

How's it going MM? :)

Hi darcy, it's not going as well as I hoped to be honest.
I have been struggling diet wise.
I want to go back on TFR but I have so many things coming up in the next 2 months. I have never been very good at being able to come off plan for an occasion then get right back on it.
Saying that though I am going to try and do 5 days from tomorrow as I have a night out on Saturday that I would like to drop a few pounds for so I'm hoping that will go well.
I am also hoping ketosis will give me more energy as I feel so tired all the time.
I have bought some iron tablets to see if they help but don't want to take them whilst doing TFR as I won't know if they are working or its the diet.

Not sure what to do on the diet front

Glad you had a lovely holiday. Hope work calms down for you too xx

Sometimes it seems tougher and tougher to get back to TFR after each break. Hope you manage to get to plan this week MM x

Have you found your trigger for IBS yet MM? I gave my boy avocado the other day and had a spoonful. BiG mistake, I was bent double for about 3 hours. I didn't think such a small amount could trigger it but it did.

Head space is most of the battle getting back on track. I'm struggling too. I've picked a date after Easter and hope to be back in the TS then. Hope you have a good week x

Have you found your trigger for IBS yet MM? I gave my boy avocado the other day and had a spoonful. BiG mistake, I was bent double for about 3 hours. I didn't think such a small amount could trigger it but it did.

Head space is most of the battle getting back on track. I'm struggling too. I've picked a date after Easter and hope to be back in the TS then. Hope you have a good week x

Still figuring out the triggers angel. I had Chinese on Saturday rice and Chow main I normally have is fine but this time I fancied something different so I had crispy chicken in Cantonese sauce. I have been in agony for 2 days! I saw bits of Chilli on the sauce and I am guessing it may have had garlic in too. Garlic apparently is a major trigger. I had never associated the 2 but it seems quite likely now. I am going to try an Indian dish with garlic next time and see if I get the same reaction.
It's not an every day food for me though so it's still got to be something I have regularly.

Anyway, the pain all day today has meant a successful day 1 of 5 TFR
Need to do the whole 5 though or I've got nothing to wear on Saturday and no emergency back up either!

Sometimes it seems tougher and tougher to get back to TFR after each break. Hope you manage to get to plan this week MM x

You are right there susie.
I just can't seem to get my head into anything at the minute though.
I will have to figure it out soon though as I refuse to go on another diet on the 1st of January next year. I'm sick of it.
I also refuse to be fat at forty either so I need to get to goal and be maintaining by the end of this year!

Back