Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Congratulations on the new job :D Am so happy for you, and also for you being in the twelves- what a wonderful weekend for you :) xx

Fabulous stuff MM - well done indeed :D I feel so boring compared to you!!! I've only ever been a nurse - though in a variety of settings, including several years in eastern Canada :)

Well working abroad is cool!!! :)

I think as long as you are happy doing what you are doing is the main thing!

I have now changed, and i am happy :D

Congratulations on the new job :D Am so happy for you, and also for you being in the twelves- what a wonderful weekend for you :) xx

Thanks katie!!

Yes double good news, im ecstatic!!
Hope my little bubble dont burst ;)

I bet you can't wait to tell your boss x

So today wasnt too bad food thoughts wise!
Had a pretty rough couple of days with the munchie monsters banging on my door, but tonight was good :)

I think once i get back to work next week it should be easier too. Routine and no time to eat even if i wanted too !!!

My sisters said i looked like i had lost a lot of weight again and commented that she could see my collar bones. She then showed me a picture of me from year before last and there is a huge difference. Thing is, it was christmas gone when i was at my biggest so that wasnt even my worst!!

I havent actually lost any new weight yet either. I am just back to my end of phase 1 weight.
Felt good today though i have to admit.
Wore a new pair of jeans. Well when i say new, i mean still had the tags on but i have had them in my wardrobe for years! The jeans were fitted too instead of the wide leg ones i normally wear :)

So today wasnt too bad food thoughts wise!
Had a pretty rough couple of days with the munchie monsters banging on my door, but tonight was good :)

I think once i get back to work next week it should be easier too. Routine and no time to eat even if i wanted too !!!

My sisters said i looked like i had lost a lot of weight again and commented that she could see my collar bones. She then showed me a picture of me from year before last and there is a huge difference. Thing is, it was christmas gone when i was at my biggest so that wasnt even my worst!!

I havent actually lost any new weight yet either. I am just back to my end of phase 1 weight.
Felt good today though i have to admit.
Wore a new pair of jeans. Well when i say new, i mean still had the tags on but i have had them in my wardrobe for years! The jeans were fitted too instead of the wide leg ones i normally wear :)

Fabulous, Miss Mac xx

Week 4

Day 26

So i have been thinking about how long to stay on tfr this time.
I was going for end of november and 11st 1lb to just get into the normal category.
However, with the new job and how much better i feel, i am thinking i may come off it sooner.

11.1 was my goal to get to but it was never my goal to stay there. I never wanted to be thin, my goal was always to feel normal :)

I would like to lose another stone and make it to around 12 st with an aim to maintain at 12.7.

Now with christmas coming up and the fact i put on over a stone in phase 2, i know this wont be easy.

I can always lose a bit more in the new year if i feel i need to.

I might change my mind again and just go through to november or choose to have a food week in october and carry on im not sure.
I am a bit worried about starting the training for my new course and not eating!
Although on the assessment day, everyone brought in a packed lunch and i sat with a black coffee but no one said anything like why are you not eating etc.
Oh now im confused!!!! Lol

Week 4

Day 26

So i have been thinking about how long to stay on tfr this time.
I was going for end of november and 11st 1lb to just get into the normal category.
However, with the new job and how much better i feel, i am thinking i may come off it sooner.

11.1 was my goal to get to but it was never my goal to stay there. I never wanted to be thin, my goal was always to feel normal :)

I would like to lose another stone and make it to around 12 st with an aim to maintain at 12.7.

Now with christmas coming up and the fact i put on over a stone in phase 2, i know this wont be easy.

I can always lose a bit more in the new year if i feel i need to.

I might change my mind again and just go through to november or choose to have a food week in october and carry on im not sure.
I am a bit worried about starting the training for my new course and not eating!
Although on the assessment day, everyone brought in a packed lunch and i sat with a black coffee but no one said anything like why are you not eating etc.
Oh now im confused!!!! Lol

I think the key to success is never giving up. Sometimes life gets in the way and through various reasons a little weight may go back on (Christmas being a prime example). As long as we don't leave it too long to get back on with it that's fine. It may be nice to be able to surf down the stairs on a mattress with no bumps - but you know what? taking a step at a time still gets you down to the bottom too!! Don't put extra pressure on yourself xx

I think the key to success is never giving up. Sometimes life gets in the way and through various reasons a little weight may go back on (Christmas being a prime example). As long as we don't leave it too long to get back on with it that's fine. It may be nice to be able to surf down the stairs on a mattress with no bumps - but you know what? taking a step at a time still gets you down to the bottom too!! Don't put extra pressure on yourself xx

Thanks toots.
Wise words!!!

I think part of me is worried that this is the best chance i have had to make it all the way to goal.
Its like at the beginning of the year when i started at 17 stone, i looked back at other attempts and thought to myself, when i was at 13.10, why didnt i push myself that little bit more. Another 2 stone off would have had me at 11.10 and a perfectly happy weight. I was disappointed that i had gone so far back up.
Now i am never intending to go back up that high thats for sure but the summer taught me that even when keeping an eye on things its easy done. I was lucky to have my phase 3 plan to bring it back in line.

So what i dont want to do is get to 12 stone and put a stone on and wish i had plodded on down to 11 while i was so close.
I can also finish this before christmas easily so its not even as if i need to make decisions on how to get through that.

Sorry, im rambling.

Think my first aim is to do 50 days so that takes me to 15th october. Then i can decide what to do from there :)

Doing it in phases has worked brilliantly for you MM & your brain thoughts are in a much healthier place now too therefore I would just go with your gut feeling. I think that doing it in phases has actually given your body time to adjust & therefore maintaining will be easier once you get to goal. Hope that makes sense :) x

PS. Your posts have changed the way that I approach weight loss & really do show how its not a race but a gradual lifestyle adjustment that leads to long term success :worthy:. Your next job could be a weight-loss Councillor :D x

Doing it in phases has worked brilliantly for you MM & your brain thoughts are in a much healthier place now too therefore I would just go with your gut feeling. I think that doing it in phases has actually given your body time to adjust & therefore maintaining will be easier once you get to goal. Hope that makes sense :) x PS. Your posts have changed the way that I approach weight loss & really do show how its not a race but a gradual lifestyle adjustment that leads to long term success :worthy:. Your next job could be a weight-loss Councillor :D x

Aww susie, that is such a lovely kind thing to say, thank you.

I didnt realise my ramblings had had any effect on the way other people think and i am pleased to think that i may have helped in some small way :)

I always wanted rapid weight loss in the least time possible. It has never worked for me.

So last year when i was considering my options, i knew i needed to do something different and take another approach. i made the conscious choice to take a year to get to where i wanted to be.
This way i have taken the time to appreciate various steps along the way.
Still made some mistakes but i will be sure to look out for them next time.
Also by taking time, i have identified trigger points which i can honestly say i didnt realise i had. The main one being tiredness makes me want to eat.
This one totally surprised me as i always thought if you were tired you cant be bothered to eat. Big lesson for me.

So thanks for reminding me of what i set out to achieve susie. I feel so much happier in myself because of what i have done and the way i have done it. :)

Still haven't identified what my trigger points are apart from staying up late. Not sure how to tackle that one seeing as I can never sleep:hmm:. Work in progress & a lock on the fridge maybe xx :rolleyes:

It may be nice to be able to surf down the stairs on a mattress with no bumps - but you know what? taking a step at a time still gets you down to the bottom too!!

BEST. QUOTE. EVER!

I'd say get to the end of your current planned end and then see how you feel - if you are aiming for a specific weight then I'd try and get to 7lbs under in order that any initial gain keeps you about where you want to be xx

In bed, another day done. Not too bad food thought wise either.

Looking forward to work tomorrow and officially handing my notice in even though i wont be able to tell my boss until friday, possibly monday, depending on if he calls me back!!

I am giving 4 weeks notice but have a weeks leave to take so i have 15 more shifts to do!!

The countdown has started :)

Love your wee countdowns! Wonder what you'll weigh your last day! Exciting! Have a fab day xxx

Week 4

Day 27

Ready for work and as an added bonus, im in my smallest ever trousers again. :D
I had them on for 1 day at the end of phase 1 but it was too ambitious and with eating, i had bloated by the end of the day!
So lets hope i can get more than 1 day out of them this time :)

Well done on your loss and your new job! Sounds like your doing great, just do what feels right for you, it's lead you to the right place so far.

Back