Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Argh what a dilemma! But a fab one to have :D

As G said, go with the one that you'd be happiest in and also what fits best for you and your son xx

Wow - well done on the loss and the job offers. What a lovely position to be in - yes, it's a tough choice, but it's YOUR choice. My advice would be to go with your heart - which do you think would make you happier and give you more job satisfaction? Money isn't everything - as long as you have enough money to have a good standard of living. Plus, you live to your means. I actually had more spare cash when I earned a lot less!!!

Good luck with your decision xx

Wow - well done on the loss and the job offers. What a lovely position to be in - yes, it's a tough choice, but it's YOUR choice. My advice would be to go with your heart - which do you think would make you happier and give you more job satisfaction? Money isn't everything - as long as you have enough money to have a good standard of living. Plus, you live to your means. I actually had more spare cash when I earned a lot less!!! Good luck with your decision xx

I wish i could test drive both jobs and then decide!!
Both have lots of pros and not many cons.
1 would be more exciting the other longevity.
I have a tough decision to make :(

Got through today absolutely fine diet wise.
No food thoughts or anything!! :)
Probably because my head hasnt got room for anything other than which job to choose at the minute though!

Will speak to my sisters at the weekend and get their thoughts.
At the moment though, the start date for ambulance technician is 20th october and waiting for a start date for the other job while they check out my references etc. so for now at least im still on the 999 job :)

Week 5

Day 30

Woohoo im in the thirties!!
Didnt think i would get this far this time as ive had some tough days i can tell you.
But im here and definitely still just taking it one day at a time :)

Noticed in the mirror this morning that my belly is looking a lot flatter so much so that i can now see little 'wrinkles'. Think this may be the start of loose skin.
If it is then i am pleased i am ending the diet on 31st october. That way my skin shouldnt go too bad if i dont go too slim! I would rather keep a bit of podge and have 'better' skin!!
Will keep an eye on that one.

Off to work soon, lets hope its a nice day :)

Week 5 Day 30 Woohoo im in the thirties!! Didnt think i would get this far this time as ive had some tough days i can tell you. But im here and definitely still just taking it one day at a time :) Noticed in the mirror this morning that my belly is looking a lot flatter so much so that i can now see little 'wrinkles'. Think this may be the start of loose skin. If it is then i am pleased i am ending the diet on 31st october. That way my skin shouldnt go too bad if i dont go too slim! I would rather keep a bit of podge and have 'better' skin!! Will keep an eye on that one. Off to work soon, lets hope its a nice day :)

Hey miss mac - you might find it springs back a little if you use bio oil and don't lose too quickly. That's the first thing I noticed when I started losing weight - the wrinkles and sagginess of my belly but now it's fine.

Miss mac I am very chuffed you are in the 12's :D
Well done :D

As for the jobs, remember ambulances dont always race about with blue lights on ;), and life seems very different at 3am when a drunk or drug dependant person has just puked on you :)
I agree though, that you should follow what your gut reaction is regarding which one to go for :)
Good luck :)

Good day diet wise.
Absolutely shattered so off to bed.
Will try and catch up tomorrow :)

Week 5

Day 31

Well i made a decision yesterday to go for the section planners job with the great pay and benefits :)

Marge you are exactly right, it not all gonna be glamerous and exciting in the ambulance job and i want to get away from dealing with those types of people.

Got a formal job offer yesterday and the terms and conditions are second to none. I have really hit lucky!

However, i am a worrier and now im thinking its too good to be true and something will go wrong.
My main worry is my reference from my boss.
I would like to think he wouldnt, but in the back of my mind im concerned he will do something to scooper my chances so he doesnt lose me!!
Time will tell!!

So now im on tenderhooks waiting for a start date as that means they have got everything back and its all in order :)

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly :)

What's a section planner miss mac?

Some one once said to me "don't worry about snow, if its not snowing"
Keep yourself positive and open minded. You have nothing to worry about at this point in time, so don't. :)
Its wasted energy ;)
Concentrate on something that is real :)
Congratulations :D

Well done on making the decision, I'm sure you've made the best one :) xx

What's a section planner miss mac?

My 'section' goes out and maintains the railway and i have to do all the planning and administration related to that!
Boring job in terms of my history but challenging all the same :)

Some one once said to me "don't worry about snow, if its not snowing" Keep yourself positive and open minded. You have nothing to worry about at this point in time, so don't. :) Its wasted energy ;) Concentrate on something that is real :) Congratulations :D

Thanks marge.
I know you are right and to be honest i normally have your attitude to worrying too.
This time however, i just feel like something will go wrong so i wont relax until i get my start date. That means all the checks have come back ok.

Spoke to my boss today and he said he will give me a good reference, however, last month, i took some time off work due to being run down. It was in this time i decided to look for and apply for new jobs. I got a new job. Now im worried that taking that time off will go against me in the new job as you have to declare any absences.

Its a catch 22, i took time off, realised it was job related so did something about it rather than continually taking time off like some people do but now it will look bad to a new employer!!

Week 5

Day 32

Up and off to work shortly :(

Cant wait to have a lie in tomorrow :)

Work wasnt too bad yesterday so lets hope i dont get punished for that today!!!

1 out of 4 references have been returned!!!

Diet wise, still going stong, 32 days 100% TFR (excluding snow cone) :D

Now working up to 17th october and thats my last day in this job.
A friend a work wants to bake me a cake!
There have been loads of cakes in work recently and i havent touched a slice so she says if she bakes one, will i eat it!!
What is it with people really wanting you to eat!!

Anyway since its my last day and its a homemade cake i said i would, so im having that day off!
I might even decide that that is the day i will end the diet and eat normally in my new job.
Will think about it more nearer the time :)

So well done MM on your 3 lbs off that is amazing - well done on your new job also I'm so chuffed for you - hope you have a fab week end x

Have a fab weekend Miss Mac xx

Week 5

Day 33

Not much planned today.
A little tidy round and a bit ironing but apart from that im just chilling :)

Week 5

Day 34

Cant wait for this week to be over and it hasnt even started yet!!
Work is going to be horrendously busy today coz its monday and we are short staffed just to make matters worse!!

On the plus side, i am nearly at the end of week 5 and i have just ordered 2 dresses to choose from for my night out.......in a size 14!!!!! :D

Dont know if they will fit yet obviously but i will be over the moon if they do.
My aim on this diet was to get to a 'real' size 14, so fingers crossed they fit :)

Back