Miss_G's 23lb Xmas challenge

Miss_G

Well guys, Exante starts for me tomorrow. I've done slim fast in the past which didnt work well for me, but after doing more research on it - I now know why Exante will be MUCH more effective and better for me!

Im using this thread as a place to come when im feeling happy.. sad.. inspired.. HUNGRY :D ....
Im hoping to be able to look back on it when I reach my goal weight and see the journey I went on. :)

As always - your support is absolutely amazing but dont feel like you have to comment on anything in here... like I said, its going to be full of rants probably! And now ive got the minimins app on my phone i'll never be far away! :D

Happy new year everyone xx

Last edited:
Hi Miss G! The phone app is great - I check in from the comfort of my bed in the morning so I don't have to come down in the cold! Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be fine as it sounds like you have a positive head on, just get week one out of the way and it's fairly plain sailing. Minimins is DEFINITELY a great help tho - there's always someone to "talk" to, and quite alot of new starters/restarters around now too so others at the same stage as you.
Lucy :) x

hi and welcome to exante. i had also done slim fast but exante is better for me. :)

Yep, I dont think the milk is particularly great for you.. although its so cheap to do, its not really the healthiest?
And I dont think you achieve ketosis at all while you're doing it - you sort of just learn to cope dont you? :rolleyes:

Hi Miss G! The phone app is great - I check in from the comfort of my bed in the morning so I don't have to come down in the cold! Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be fine as it sounds like you have a positive head on, just get week one out of the way and it's fairly plain sailing. Minimins is DEFINITELY a great help tho - there's always someone to "talk" to, and quite alot of new starters/restarters around now too so others at the same stage as you.
Lucy :) x

Hi Lucy

Ahh, thats a great idea, checking in from your bed! :D

Mmm, yeah im really positive, at the minute and seeing everyone else so excited about starting and doing well really helps to focus you doesnt it?

Have you always done exante? Your profile shows youve been on the forum a while.. did you reset your goals? xx

Hi Lucy

Ahh, thats a great idea, checking in from your bed! :D

Mmm, yeah im really positive, at the minute and seeing everyone else so excited about starting and doing well really helps to focus you doesnt it?

Have you always done exante? Your profile shows youve been on the forum a while.. did you reset your goals? xx

Yes, I lost 2 1/2 stone on Lighter Life followed by Exante last year, but crap happened and I slipped back into bad habits and regained nearly 1 1/2 of that back, so as this morning was the start of Day 1 (da da daaaaaaaaaa) I deleted all the past. Literally! New stats, new ticker, new me :)

Yes, I lost 2 1/2 stone on Lighter Life followed by Exante last year, but crap happened and I slipped back into bad habits and regained nearly 1 1/2 of that back, so as this morning was the start of Day 1 (da da daaaaaaaaaa) I deleted all the past. Literally! New stats, new ticker, new me :)

Gosh thats a really great loss!! Why did you leave LL? The cost? It seems most people are switching for that reason.

Theres no better way to perk yourself up though.. deleting the past!

Yes, the cost. I'm not sure the counselling was for me either - I think you could read and educate yourself about the psychology of it all as easily at home [easily said, but whether that happens is another matter!!] The beauty of Exante is that there are no meetings to attend, you can order from the comfort of your armchair (or bed :)) and it is affordable x

Good Luck Miss G, started Exante today but am officially going to start tomorrow as someone I wont mention has just seduced me with Quality Street, so 03/01/11 it is with no cheating. Good luck with the diet, I am sure that you will be brilliant!! Tasha x

DAY 1

Good evening.. thanks for your replies wishing me well! Lovely. :)

I've had a nice day today. I didnt get up till gone 11, had a hot vanilla shake with a spoon of coffee (as recomended!) and it wasnt at all awful, so.. so far so good.

I've spent the day wandering round the shops and having my hair cut so thats kept me occupied! I bought a handblender as this mornings drink was what you might call... lumpy!

I had a banana shake when I got back, and now im just waiting for OH to bring me my supper! :D
Im hoping it'll be grilled chicken salad. Mmmm.

Ive struggled with the water but I think thats because ive been out and about. Tomorrow when im sat at my desk all day I dont see it being a problem.

Hope you've all had a good day too. xx

DAY 2

Im already having the worst day ever.
OH kept me awake all night last night snoring. I finally gave up at 2.30 and went down on to the sofa but I tossed and turned until 5 ish and had to get up for work.
Im sat here at my desk wondering how on earth im going to pick myself up as right now, the thought of sitting here until 4.30pm is making me want to cry. :cry:

Sounds like an early night tonight will be on the cards. The good thing about that is that it saves you feeling the need to eat. Theres always a silver lining, lol.

Sounds like an early night tonight will be on the cards. The good thing about that is that it saves you feeling the need to eat. Theres always a silver lining, lol.

Ahh, Joanne you're so right! Haha!
And also.. its now 1.30 and im still alive! Only 3 more hours to go! :D

DAY 2

Im so glad to be snugged up on the sofa!

I've just watched Fat Families. I actually cried. :rolleyes:
And now im watching '1/2 ton teen'. My god, Living TV is depressing!

I've had 2 shakes today and my tea has been roasted peppers stuffed with chicken, onions and sweetcorn. (Very small portion though). Yum.

Early night on the cards to make up for last nights sleepless one.

Hope you've all had a good day! :)

Well done - WI will be here before you know it

xxx

Back