Missy says "hi" and <<waves>>

missbiker

Silver Member
Hi guys :wave_cry:

May I join you all?

Brief bio on me: done all the diets, and last year lost 6st on LighterLife. Now struggling with losing and gaining the same 2st (this is the 3rd time in a year :mad: ) ..... so I am trying something different :D . I love the feeling of being on a ketogenic diet - no hunger, more energy, need less sleep, no bloatiness, etc, etc....

My darling hubby lost over 7st 9 years ago on Atkins, and has pretty much kept it off :worthy: . We are heading to see his sister in Australia for Christmas, so we are both aiming for some weight loss before we go.

Day 1 on induction aiming for day at a time.

Of course you can join us. :)

well done for your hubby as well.

Welcome x

Hello Miss, and welcome! :wavey:

Thank you guys, for your warm welcome!
D1 has been a success, and now on D2. Feeling positive, and find it strange after all these years how easy I switch into ketosis - no headache, feeling rough, no hunger, etc, etc. I expect to be in ketosis tomorrow, so will buy some ketostix today.

Onwards and downwards,
x

ah, but don't forget you can expect a bout of Atkins flu love.

Hoping I'll take it in my stride, Jim.

I had forgotten how great this way of eating is - just had chicken Caesar salad (minus croutons) followed by lemon&lime "mousse" ....yummy

Struggling to get all my daily "allowance" of carbs in, though...

Good going Missy, let's hope we both avoid the Atkins flu, whatever that is? : I am certainly looking forward to the burst of energy I've ready about!

thank-you lady! I know I'm in ketosis as I am ALWAYS freezing cold, and need very little sleep!! Bring it on! LoL

Wow Missy, I'm the opposite, boiling hot (although that might have a lot to do with the millions of stairs I'm having to climb to get to and from work lol) and got a whole eight hours sleep last night. Also didn't feel like nodding off at work today, big plus! :)

Susie

Hey missy ... Good luck and welcome. I really enjoying the food but feeling a bit guilty cos I had quite a lot of heavy cream. Can anyone advise? I had the creamy cheesy cauli purée, followed by rasberry mousse made with sugar free jelly and cream. Is this ok? Or have I overdone it? Is there a limit to amount of cream in one day?

welcome....from one misssy to another lol

Hi Missy! LoL
I'm in Staffordshire too!!! spooky or what? hehe
Did you have a good holiday? Somewhere nice?

hi missy....sppoky being in the same place, well at the mo im still in skeggy and its pissin it down with rain.....so not exactly as tanned as i wanted to be haha

i will be home tomorrow, at which point ill show some piccies

hows the diet going? x

(cant wait to get back, weigh myself (dreading that bit) and get back on the atkins wagon!!)

Hi Missy, I find that when I am focussed, I feel the same - want/need to get back on the wagon! LoL Amazing how a couple of days without carbs and I feel less bloated, etc.

Well it's persisting it down in Staffordshire as well, so you may as well be in Skeggy, as you aren't missing anything this neck of the woods.

D4 now, and can't believe how great I feel - more energy, need less sleep, etc...and the best bit....no Atkins flu! phew!!

Back to work tonight, so that will be a test...those vending machines call out to me all night...I will/must/can resist! LoL

Onwards and downwards ladies (and gents)
Cx

Back