Missyb - no more messing around.

Waitrose isnt for giggleds, waitrose is evil. I sould know i worked there...briefly. ;P

I really hope the scales show you that great loss!!!

Waitrose makes me laugh - it's so ruddy expensive - it's lovely and all that chit, but I walk in there pretending to have money because it makes me feel good for about five minutes until some yummy mummy walks past :D I bought some carrots :8855:

I live basicly opposite one....its not posh its just a rip ooooooooooooff! i have decided that i would rather walk the extra 10-15 mins for anything than give them my money seeing as i dont like the people who work there and they get shares of that £521 spent on a cauliflower and some pasta :O the cheeeeeeeeeeek

I remember when I lived in Suffolk, we were near to a Waitrose and Tesco - at the start of the month when we had money we'd go and spaff it in Waitrose, then spend the rest of the month at Tesco's. In the end we were like, what the fook are we spending £5 on pasta for? :D

Katie said:
i dont like the people who work there and they get shares of that £521 spent on a cauliflower and some pasta :O the cheeeeeeeeeeek

That made me ruddy chuckle that did chicklet :D

Ooh fingers crossed for Wednesday Bex, you ain't arf doing well

I will just clear up that i dont hate ALL waitrose empolyes.....just 99.9% of my local ones ....and i just dislike the rest! tehehehe

There's only 2 Waitrose in Scotland! One is in the west end of Glasgow (which is the middle class bit)
I'm intrigued as to what all the fuss is about as I've never been. Some of my colleagues were talking about it yesterday and raving about particular waitrose foods. I suspect its one of those places people convince themselves is fabulous because its the posh place to shop.
Is it really THAT expensive? I mean for everything?

It is pretty expensive. I think they have their own attempt at a value range but I think the value range is about the same price as the normal range in Tesco. I can't really remember though as I've not been properly for a long time :) xxx

I went into Waitrose once as it was just there.. Bought some Pimms. They scanned it through, then looked up at me in my scraggy cardi and tied back hair then IDed me. Haha.

Whenever I've bought alcohol in Waitrose (albeit infrequently) I get ID'd. It's only been since I've lost weight that I don't get ID'd anymore, although there is a strong correlation between losing weight and wearing make up - I never used to bother before.

x

Sunday sunday.

It can't make it's mind up here whether it's nice or chit, so I'm upstairs with some music and the laptop - am going to do some EA Active in a bit but have a bit of a minging headache, probably induced by the fact I didn't eat lunch until half 3 :rolleyes:

I woke up quite late for me but I've been going to bed later and later each night, not sure why, just not been tired like I used to be. Managed to avoid the marathon as I always feel bad that there are loads of brave people running for good causes and I'm sitting at home puffing on a fag. I said I might look into doing it in two years time though - I really would like too.

Mum, Nana and me went to The Range near our house and had a look round, got a couple of bits for my room and a notepad folder which I'm going to write WW receipes that I like down in instead of constantly having to check NV's. We went to Sainsburys after that and Mum & Nana had a sandwich and a bowl of chips between two of them - fooking hell they smelt and looked good. I was so hungry I could have quite easily snarfed some but had a diet coke and an apple instead. Wandered around, I tried on a pair of 20 jeans that were reduced that looked nice but decided not to buy, got some food for dinner and went home.

I've only had 7 points today which is real bad and I know I'm not going to get to eat many points tonight as we're having a salad for dinner. I'm trying to cut out all the sweet/salty stuff like WW bars and ice creams bar one a day, but did have a packet of cassava crisps with my crispbreads. Still not had any bread for a couple of days which is good.

May go and seek out something low point to tide me over for another couple of hours.

xxx

A little bit late but would like to join in with the chorus of 'Waitrose is chite!' Ridiculously expensive. The shopping bit near my house has a Waitrose or an Iceland. Why nothing normal? I don't mind Iceland but I don't eat ready meals really and their veg is ruuuuubbish, but I'm not shopping in Waitrose either. Feels like you've been mugged when you come out of there.

Hope you're having a good day chick. To be fair I think you did pretty well not 'snarfing' their chips and sticking with your apple. You little WW trooper! I'm also telling myself (kidding myself?!!) I'll do the marathon one day - that'd be a pretty good way to lose weight eh?!

Thanks everyone :) Am hoping for a loss this week despite the little blip earlier in the "week".

Just to let you all know I'm heading off to the coast for a couple of days with Rob before WI on Wednesday - going to be staying at his Mum's so fingers crossed I'll be able to stay on track, I foresee a lot of salad eating!

I will check back with you all on Weds. Big love! xxx

Too late Nikki haha!!! I spotted the bread throwing shame on you!!!

Haha@ Hannah coming outta Waitrose and feeling like you've been mugged

I don't do Waitrose as the nearest one I know is in Ealing just about says it all really
this is where when your trying hard to be posh you tell peeps your from
Ok Yar I'm from Ealing haha!!!

Have a really nice break at Rob's mothers Bex
I can't wait for May now have a couple of weeks of work then
made mistake of telling Mr H and now praying he doesn't tell his mother haha
otherwise will have to go to Worthing to visit

Have a lovely time away Bex and hopefully Rob's mum won't tempt you too much! Bring on the salad :D

Haha, Adam always tells people he's from Ealing when they ask what part of London he's from :rolleyes: When people ask me where I live I just say "Southall! You won't know it, it's SH!T!".

Theres a term we use north of the border for people who act 'posher' than they really are:

"fur coat, nae knickers"

Not sure if you use it down south. I bet there's more than a few waitrose shoppers who're fur coat, nae knickers types!:D

nicky there are plenty of them let me tell you, you see all sorts on those tills i tell ya! The only good bit was eyeing up dishy men and nosing at peoples purchases.

have fun bex xxx

Back