Mix-a-mousse Question

madameruthybaby

Hi

Am really disappointed - tried to make mix-a-mousse tonight but it didn't make mousse at all! Not sure what I did wrong as I blended my normal shake with the normal amount of water and then added a level scoop of mix-a-mousse and blended it in my blender and then poured it into a bowl and left it for 10 mins in the fridge and it didn't do anything, so I left it for 10 more mins and it still was just like a shake poured into a bowl!!

Has anyone else had this experience of is there anything I am doing majorly wrong?

What is the secret to the perfect mix-a-mousse?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
xxx

Hiya

150mls of water

Put in freezer until ice cold but not crystalised

Put the shake on the top of the water

And a level scoop of MaM

Using a good hand mixer (blenders never worked for me) give it 15 seconds

Scrape the blade back into the mixture

Another 15 seconds

Then back in the freezer for 15 minutes until set hard

ENJOY!

P.S. If still like runny custard then leave it in the freezer until it sets.

It was the water that did it....:D

Great - thanks so much for your advice icemoose! I am guessing that much be your CD speciality going by your Minimins name!!

I look forward to trying your recipe when I get back from work tomorrow night!!]

Thanks again :)
Ruth
XXx

try mixing the mix a mousse with a tetra...fantastic!And remember it is less water than you would use to make a shake...cause that was the mistake I made first out

Add the scoop of mix a mousse into the actual shake packet and give it a good shake then add to 200ml very cold water and blend/whisk for a minute then pop in fridge for 15mins. My CDC gave me the heads up about mixing it in the packet before adding water makes a big difference. I tried with 150ml first time and it turned out like blancmange I now get it perfect every time yum yum.

Back