Mixing CD with S&S

juliebags

Silver Member
Hi, i have just started the cambridge diet , i was wondering if anyone has mixed in s&s products, instead of the cambridge one??? I fancy trying some different flavours in bars /shakes/ meals but i don't want my consultant to know this , yes its extra money to spend as i will still get products from her just thinking of mixing it up some days for a change , has anyone done this and has it affected anyones losses?? Many thanks xx

I'd say be careful if you do this to make sure you get enough calories and nutrients as s&s is 4packs a day or 3 packs and a meal so if you wanted to do it I would mix packs on the same day (I.e. have s&s day or Cambridge day)

The plan i am on at the moment is 3 packa and a meal , so it sounds like they could fit in now & then , just thinking of having more of a variety for bars/ shakes more than anything , thanks for replying all advice is appreciated xx

Mixing CD with S&S

I did this for a couple off weeks but chose to transition completely to slim and save as their products are alot tastier :)

If you are going to mix a 3 pack plan with a 4 pack one then you can but it's a bit more difficult. You'll bneed to record what you're having (in My Fitness Pal for example which has all of the packs in it) and stick to the following rules:

- maximum of 65g of carbs a day
- maximum number of calories (up to you - say 650 or 800)
- enough vitamins/mineral - perhaps take a multivitamin - a pregnancy one is a good idea as it doesn't contain vitamin A and too much vitamin A is quite bad for you
- at least 50g of protein a day

total meal replacements are hard to stick to even when you are in ketosis. everyone loses weight differently and in different places too. I've chosen to up my calories and keep to around 50g carbs, being in ketosis helps me keep my overall daily calorie intake to around 800/1000 cals i know i will not lose weight quickly like i would on tfr but having proper food and not feeling hungry stops from thinking about what i cant have. i have not been able to think of a good replacement for the bars or choc shakes as i enjoy these hot, i have two of these replacements a day including a multivit. The bars/shakes are lovely but too expensive long term. All the protein bars like atkins cost a fortune. I think i am going to replace with 85% dark chocolate as lower carb.

Found possible low carb replacements :-D for the bars - balance stevia bars - and unsweetened cocoa made with almond milk and liquid stevia to sweeten? Will update when tried getting 30 bars for £24 next week :-D

Back