::mOd-kArEn79's DiArY::

we only pay £365 a month rent, a mortgage would be way out of our price range at almost double what we pay now.

oh my god!!! that's so cheap - i'm packing my bags! lol

for £365 we would get a crappy bedsit in the skankiest part of town...where all the heroine addicts live! :cry:

it is kinda crappy but it's home and the cheapest we could find. Average round here is now £450/£500 so we can't even afford to move lol.

we only pay £365 a month rent, a mortgage would be way out of our price range at almost double what we pay now.

Yeah a mortgage would be way more than that - we pay....... £800 a month! Nightmare isnt it! x

I know - I think you should come back up here Karen, move his mum and the lot - find out the possible places for house exchange and I'll tell you if she'd like it or not - hehe xxx

like i mentioned before though, our wages are crap to say we work for the local council and the NHS, we really couldn't afford much more than we pay now, the utility bills alone are £150 a month.

I know and everything is rising at an unbelievable rate, its just not funny to think where its going to stop! x

tell me about it. fresh fruit and veg costs a fortune too, thank goodness we can have a few tinned items and packet stuff to make the weekly shop slightly cheaper.

I know - Im finding red days are getting quite pricey indeedy!! xxx

even frozen bags of chicken are expensive now, they used to be max £2 for a big bag but they're at least £3 now. it's a shame tinned fruit without the juice isn't free, i don't like using it for an hex

Tell me about it, I went to Tesco the other day and the big bag of healthy living chicken (say 5 big fillets) was about £6! xxx

yup, I buy tesco value stuff where possible

I watched that Martin Lewis money lending exert on GMTV one day and he was saying if you go down one 'level' with each food that you buy you would notice a significant change in your shopping bill. So I've tried it and instead of buying 'finest' I get shops own brand, if I bought own brand I now buy value kinda thing - it has made a bit of a difference xxx

we're already at the bottom level lol

I know what you mean, Mr Taz was adamant that Heinz were the only beans he would eat and nothing else tasted as good so I got a small can of Asda's own and a small one of Heinz and done a taste test. He really struggled to tell the difference so he has finally conceeded and when we went shopping last he got the 6 pack of Tesco's own for £1.80 instead of the 4 pack Heinz for £1.98!

like i mentioned before though, our wages are crap to say we work for the local council and the NHS, we really couldn't afford much more than we pay now, the utility bills alone are £150 a month.

do you qualify as keyworkers?

still feeling dreadful after taking those hormone tablets. i'm seriously lethargic. i went shopping today and lasted an hour, then i had a couple of panic attacks and went and lay down in the car whilst my parents carried on shopping. i feel tired all day long - even when i've only been up an hour :(

i have to get into the spare room to sort clothes out and i keep telling myself i will to it the next day....and never do.

i'm starting to worry that i'm suffering from stress related anxiety/depression.... but i will try and sit it out as if i see my gp she will try and put me on anti-depressants. i don't want to take them EVER again!

Aw Karen - sorry you're feeling rubishy hun. Did you manage to pick up any bargains in the hour you were shopping? x

ermm another pair of leggings!!! got 3 now! think i'm ready clothes wise.

remember i will be away for 16 days! i'm taking:

- 3 pairs leggings
- 2 pairs linen trousers
- 1 pair cropped trousers
- 3 skirts
- 2 dresses
- 10 tops
- bolero
- pashmina
- swimwear
...shoes! :D

no swimming cossie? xxx