Molly & Sam Race to Target

It's oddly reassuring for the rest of us that Molly has a week where she STS ;)

Don't talk to me about underwear, what a farce when you lose weight and I swear wherever you go the sizing is all different. I bought a bra from M&S about a month ago that I swear is too big now :mad:

I have a friend who runs a lingerie shop, so she measures me regularly without all the hassle of having it done in Debenhams/M&S etc, but I know what you mean about the varying sizes depending on the shop (or even the flaming style within the same shop!).

Knickers are the worst I find ... at the moment I'm in an Asda 16 (does anyone else find that Asda clothes come up small in adults even though their kids' stuff tends to be on the large size?) but once I hit target I'll be buying Sloggi in my proper size (they're far too expensive for me to have bought them during my journey lol).

I am going for a 5lb gain. Had lunch out on WI day. Oops. Oh well life doesn't stop for SW! That's what I'm telling myself anyway. I'm so tempted to sack it off this week but that's only cheating myself

That must have been some lunch!!:D

I had a massive blowout last Thur, Fri & Sat and according to my scales was 3lb heavier for it :eek:. (Just after a good WI on Thursday morning) I mean come on, 3lbs in 3 days?? But hey ho! You are right life doesn't stop for SW and a few pounds here and there is nothing in comparison to the bigger picture (which is what we have all lost). So I think the odd days here and there really doesn't matter as long as you enjoyed it and the odd days don't roll into weeks or months and we fall back into plan before any real damage is done.

So I take it your 5lbs is a guesstimate and not an accurate WI as you are at group now, so fingers crossed for later. I will WI tomorrow and see how much of the 3lbs I managed to get rid of myself. :)

I just FEEL heavy. If you know what I mean. Sore boobs too so I think water is playing a part as well. Oh well. Like you say JVBP it's the bigger picture. Hopefully I can get some off for next week as a lot of that will be food bulk that needs metabolising.

Im making excuses, I'm aware of that but next week is a new week. I'm thinking of booking a top up hypnotherapy appointment soonish to reset my brain as I am far too comfortable.

Suffice to say I am out of the race. I fell at the hurdle, went lame, trod on my jockey, was taken away by officials and put out of my misery by a sympathetic and yet business-like vet. Bolt to the head. Now I'm in a findus lasagne in your local tesco metro. Alert the media.

2 1/2lb off for me this week, leaving me with a pound and a half to target :) I reckon this coming week will be another consolidation week, then we'll see how many weeks I can stretch that last bit out for LOL

Well done Molly! You are a weight loss fiend!

So I've returned from holiday all determined. Well MOSTLY determined. Tonight will tell as to whether I gained whilst away or whether I lost some of last weeks gain!

Was very nice thanks :)

lost 4lbs tonight but off the back of last week I'm still 1.5lbs up!

I think I do! I wasn't particularly restrained either. Just goes to show that compared to how I are before I'm positively saint like haha.

Thanks guys! :)

Well girls ..... I only went and did it!! :D

A ridiculous 4 1/2lb off, taking me to the 9 stone zone for what has to be the first time since I was in my early teens, and smashing my target by 3lbs. Now comes the hard work of figuring out how to add in just enough to maintain!

Amazing! Well done Molly! :talk017:

That's fantastic molly, well done!

Ahh Molly that's so amazing. Well done :) I'm so happy for you :) :) I saw what you wrote on the other thread about cutting the carbs and portion control and it made a lot of sense to me so I'm going to try the same thing. I've already cut back on the carbs (mostly potato) and I made this.....

to visibly keep me on track. With thanks to center parcs pottery painting team!

I couldn't have lost the race (badly) to a nicer minimin :) xx

I'm going to follow your example!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 28
Awwww ... thanks Sam :D In turn I couldn't have asked for a more inspirational (or funny or nice) minimin to race with! Between this thread and the previous Summer Race, you have kept me focused and on track (and laughing!!) since the beginning of this year.

Love the plate! I have a similar one that I painted at a friend's house and it really does help :) Here's a little inspirational tale ... it was my younger daughter who dragged me kicking and screaming to SW last September - she had 2 stone of 'baby weight' to lose and I (as we all know) had a second person to shed. Last night we BOTH reached target - she took the scenic route and I went direct, but we needed to go on our own journeys and learn the lessons that we each needed along the way - all of which just goes to show that, as long as we keep our final goal in mind, we WILL get there - and hopefully equipped with the tools we need to stay there :D

Lost 3lb tonight! :) that's 8 to go. I think.... :)

Yay! :D That's a really good loss at this stage of the game - Go Sam!!

I'm really out of my comfort zone this week ... because I had such a big loss last week, I want to go with past experience and treat this week as a 'consolidation' week (ie one where I eat entirely on plan but have a STS), so my brain is incredibly resistant to the idea of adding extra calories lol.

I have therefore decided to just have a normal on plan week and see what happens - then next week I'm going to start keeping a food diary again and log it all on myfitnesspal and experiment a bit from week to week to see if I can work out how many calories I roughly need to maintain, then translate that into a SW stylee routine. I'm terrified of sliding back into bad habits, so I really need to feel in control again :(

Thanks guys :) I think your idea of working out the maintain kcal and translating it is a good idea Molly. Last week a woman hit target at group then went on to lose 1.5 lb this week despite adding in extra hex. I think there are more interesting things to add in hehe. I'm hoping to get into the 11s this coming week. Fingers crossed!! I'm upping my pineapple intake. That's what has helped recently. I swear by it. I get through 3 fresh pineapples a week. It's the diuretic effect. Works for me anyway :) apparently they have bromelain in too which helps deplete fat sources. I'm sold, plus its perfect for summer!!

Back