Monday 18th june starters.

Libby52 said:
Evening ladies. I'm an 18th June girl too. At the moment I'm doing SW with friends. We used to go to groups but quite frankly found them a waste of time. :eek: The consultant didn't really help. She would talk to the same women week after week only talking endless drivel about "are you upset that you only lost half a pound!" OMG really! These same women would eat a sausage roll and chips because they were hungry and they wondered why they didn't lose weight!! So we decided to start our own little group. We still weigh in every Thursday morning pay our £5.00 into the pot, instead of SW's! and then have a lovely breakfast. We're going to use the money to go out to dinner. SW of course! I have lost 2.5 stone so far and have about another 2.5/3 to lose but in a a bit of a rut at the moment any tips. Should I stick with SW or change to something else? Good luck everyone x

Hi there libby52 just read ur thread so many 2get thru on minimims its great!! real shame about your experience with SW usually the leader is sum1 2giv u inspiration and encouragement but a few often slip thru the net!!! 2day is my 1st day on eXante so far feelin gud got a few stone 2 lodse but I reckon this is the jump start needed wont b easy I know prepared 4 it. If might jus b wat will help u 2 kick those unwanted pounds read a few of the stories will encourage u and believe me some r really inspirational so av a think and all the best which eva u decide

dubsndice said:
Ladies I have had a major fail, Chinese and bud?!?? What the hell an I doing I was doing sl well!! God!

Oh geez dubsndice!! u know wat its done now it was a crazie moment an once u tasted that 1st bite it was 2 late listen if I did the same thing sure I wud be real mad with me 2 but tomorrow u shake urself down an get bk into it u got it out ur system dont feel bad about it no more else u guna keep feelin bad u know u can do it stay strong minimins is always here to help us all:)

I fell of the wagon big style yesterday. My scales say i gained back over 1lb!! But my period is also due in 2-3 days as well so some cud be extra weight from that. Didnt go cinema but meant to e going tonight so if i go my only "treat" will be a diet coke. I knw ur nt meant it but its only 1

Morning every1, girls dont beat urselves about fallin of the wagon we startin a new day now u cant change wats happened find ur mojo its there.... stay positive think ov the bigger picture y u did this in the 1st place we know exante is guna b hard at times gotta dig deep and resist if we do get tempted aint a bad thing it happens but ur here 2 feel better about urself by making changes so dont let urself down 100% TS today lets do this!!!!

Hi everyone, bad luck to the wagon topplers but Friday's now gone and the feeling that it wasn't worth it is fresh in your minds so will spur you on. We're all only human after all.

Start afresh and think of the end result. We are all still lighter now than when we started so celebrate how far we've come not how many steps we've taken backwards.

Right, preaching over -hope you all have a great day. I'm stuck in with senile mother in law again so nil on the excitement meter for me, but at least I don't have the temptation of social events looming over me. XX

Well...cant believe I am having to say this but its goodbye from me :( as yesterday I found out that I am pregnant.
Unplanned and not really sure how I feel yet but obviously have to take health into consideration and that means eating healthily so, unfortunately I am now lumbered with a zillion shakes etc to get rid of.
Wish you all the best of luck with your journeys, I know you can do it xx

I know its a shock but lovely news all the same, the best sort of suprise, wishing you lots of luck. :)

How its going Folks?

Boy has it been a rough week! I haven't been 100% lost 3lb need 4lb for Target. won't kick myself a loss is a loss. Hubby on 100% and lost a stone. Any newbies, Stick to 100% as long as possible it does make a huge difference.

Good luck for the week ahead.

Today's been ok, but am kicking myself for picking a little this afternoon :( nothing major, but a habit I have to break before I can become in control of me and my demons. I've had 5 100% days and was so chuffed how I was coping and the results that I could feel already.

Weekends are a test big time - during the working week there is a routine and doing the diet seems to fit in really well. Then Saturday comes and it goes out the window!

Suppose I'm a bit down in the dumps as hubbie has to work and the chores need doing lol!!

Oh well, will do my best to be good from now on and am treating myself to a coke zero and a cuddle on the sofa with my 4yr DS :)

Hope everyone else's day is going to plan xx

Flubster said:
Well done Deej - could of bn worse and enjoy your cuddles - those kind are the best kind :)

TTTess- dont be too hard on yourself petal you still majored a loss, are you gonna 100% next week???

Definitely, no point doing this & not going for it full whack! Annnd sooner I lose these excess stones sooner I get back to normality! :D. Week 1 was withdrawal Week 2 is hardcore. Good Luck.

Hi there Dee75 completley understand wat said about pickin food I did the same 2day and really annoyed as it was only me 2nd day:-:)-( well beat myself up about it so now I av 2 move on tomorrow I start agen ur right about the routine thing weekends r guna b a nightmare sometimes hoping once this ketosis kicks in will help do u know wat this is and wat exactly happens to our bodies??? pretty sure once u got a few days behind u u feel better an can notice some loss well done on doin 5 days thats still a good achievement minimins is the best for advice n help many more 100% days to us all!!!

My scales say ive gained weight today :-( mostly bloat weight i think tho as AF is due mon/tues and my ibs likes to bloat and cause me trouble wen my period is due as well causing me to look 6 months pregnant (which i hate)

Good luck for today everyone im bk to day 1 (decided to wipe the slate clean) putting all food i shouldnt have into a bag and hiding it lol

Don't beat yourselves up if you,ve slipped. Compared to wot all of us must have been shoveling in our mouths to get ourselves in this position prior to starting exante, wot you are having now has got to be better!

The hard part for wagon slippers is not losing heart because of the guilt trip and finding temptation harder to resist if you slip out of ketosis.

Stick with it and you will lose even if sometimes it takes days/weeks to catch up due to TOTM fluid retention etc.

So far I have managed to stay 100% since Tues when I started, but I KNOW having done VLCD before that my wagon slipping days will come. I just hope I can stay as positive as you folks when I do.

Chins up and ever downwards!!:)

jumpinjacks said:
Hi there Dee75 completley understand wat said about pickin food I did the same 2day and really annoyed as it was only me 2nd day:-:)-( well beat myself up about it so now I av 2 move on tomorrow I start agen ur right about the routine thing weekends r guna b a nightmare sometimes hoping once this ketosis kicks in will help do u know wat this is and wat exactly happens to our bodies??? pretty sure once u got a few days behind u u feel better an can notice some loss well done on doin 5 days thats still a good achievement minimins is the best for advice n help many more 100% days to us all!!!

Thanks JJ, i'm back in the zone for now and hope to get Sunday over without giving in the temptations! Should be ok, had a late porridge brekkie, so that will keep me going for a while. Really need to up my water though as I know I haven't been drinking enough :( something that again I find easier during the week as I keep a bottle on my desk and try and drink 3-4 a day.

Not an expert, but i think ketosis is when your body has finished up the reserves of sugar/carbs and then moves to using your fat stores to get energy. When you're there, hunger seems to subside. Have a look at the Forum, I think there is a FAQ sticky that will probably explain it better lol!!

Official 1st week weigh in for me in the morning, am hoping for about 8/9 lbs, I was seeing 9lb earlier but then TOTM I think made that loss go down - we shall see, but I'll be pleased as I've MOSTLY stayed 100% and can feel it already :)

Best of luck for today - another day closer to a smaller us :) xx

Bye dubs, and good luck with your onward journey. VLCD's are not for everyone and lifes too short to be miserable.:character00238:

Hey dubs all the very best it must av been hard 2 make the decision to move to Slimming world but u know u gotta do wats really best 4 u mentally as well as physically sure u will get to ur goal weight so stick to it be positive think theres also a forum for s/world aswell on minimins so u will get support onwards to a slimmer u dubs bye:)

Back