Monday always a good day to restart!

Bring on under 200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! It's been really good talking to someone who is also on the diet ;)

It will stay off, you could do SW or WW slowly and still gain back. However we'll change the way we eat and be more active. No one is saying we'll never be able to have a take away but we'll be much more careful. We can do it! SS is hard but maintenance will be harder and I know, we'll definitely keep the weight off xx

We will.

Maintenance is pretty easy really when you think that eating 1300 - 1500 cals a day that means
2 weetabix and milk or muesli and yoghurt
a peice of fruit
coffee
tuna salad and some crisp breads (crackers)
a piece of fruit
protein bar or shake
400 cal dinner
2 ltrs of water and 30 mins exercise a day

Peice of cake! hehe LOL nice joke there!

xx

I agree. I worked out my BMR rate and even with minimal exercise, I could maintain at 1800 calories. That seems like so much! With exercise I could maintain at over 2000 calories :) I think once the weight is off, hopefully maintainance should be fine. I'll keep a diary and calorie count until I'm confident enough xxx

That's exactly what I did. Easily I can eat 1400 cals a day for the week. On weekends I made sure I went hard at the gym if I knew later that night I was going out for dinner and or drinks. I also drank plenty of water that day and the day after. Sunday and Monday i was back on track with 1500 then 1400 and by Tuesday I was about 1lb still up and that was usually banished by Wednesday at the latest. It is easy and like you said you just find a balance and routine with eating/exercising that works for you. If you have a big week and you gain 5lbs then really settle down and have a quiet weekend the following one. When you think about giving up a week and weekend to compensate a fabulous previous weekend it's not alot of time out from your life. Especially in comparison to the unhappiness of where we were.

XX

I totally agree Bren :) I'm looking forward to eating more healthily as I love fruit. I'm not going to say I'm never allowed some chocolate or a packet of crisps, because you binge if you deprive yourself that. However I will eat in moderation; I will not binge eat like before. I will also find exercise that I like and enjoy and so that way it will not be hard to keep it up.

I can't wait! I've already thought of things I'll eat and will probably try to have carbs at one meal i.e lunch or dinner. I love omlettes so would probably have that for lunch with baked potato and tuna salad for dinner. xxx

Shantel you will do brilliant! You know if ever you need to control things again you can do one of the plans for a few weeks and that will seem like a cinch after doing SS!

And you are right chocolate and carbs aren't the enemy. You just need moderation and it's also worth noting that you dont need the whole bar of choc sometimes just 3 squares with a hot cuppa and the craving is gone!

With the exercise i find that the days i dont want to go to the gym i go for a walk with a girlfriend. That way I have done something and remember actually that I enjoy exercising. Or I go and sit on the bike for 30 mins, usually this ends up in me doing a normal session. I also look at doing 30 mins so it doesn't seem like a chore. I used to think that I was failing if I didn't do 1hr and did jogging everytime within that session, I know better now.

xx

I agree! I can't wait to just be able to let a bar of chocolate last me for over a week in the fridge! I have an exercise bike, so I will definitely use that for times when I don't feel like going to the gym. I totally agree; I used to think I'd have to exercise for hours but now I know that doing around 30 minutes of exercise will be enough. I might do interval training on my bike i.e. fast for a 1 minute, then normal for 2 minutes and repeat the cycle as that is a good method of burning fat xx

Good strategy using the bike that way it is a very good way of burning fat. I do it with jogging on the treadmill at the gym.

I've done all my measurements this morning and lost 4.5cm's so really happy with that! Waist is 78.5cm so I should really change that in my signature goals, no I will just leave it. Off to the gym this morning. I am still fluy and but need to go and do something physical. I haven't done anything since Wednesday!, so feeling a little sluggish.

Curios to know what I weigh but going to just rely on CDC's scales on Thursday.

Bren
XX

Today was the football;

CD porridge
CD bar
coffee
celery sticks
Atkins bar (was better than hot chips or wine) 220cals! but only 2g of carbs which is good
some almonds and sultana's
bullion
tofu and vege of dinner

cals are still low but higher than normal maybe over 1000 today... ooops, never mind, could have been much worse. I have drunk about 2.5ltrs of water and done 40 mins at the gym.

I naughtly jumped on the scales after my breakfast and a workout, so not truly accurate but revealed a 400gm loss since Wednesday afternoon's WI.

Bren
X

sounds like you are going well and even managing to plan ahead - YOU ARE DOING FAB

Had a blip yesterday when I arrived home and had eaten dinner, I nibbled probably about 500 cals worth!!

Not worried though as today I am going great guns again;

Porridge
coffee
porridge
decafe
1/2CD and 1/2 Atkins bar (have to do this over 2 days to last until Thursday when I get more packs)
and
planning to have tofu and vege for dinner.

Have had the need yet to have a bullion or 2 so will save that for later. Might even go to the gym, we'll see I'm still very stuffy in the nose and chest.

Bren
X

THANKS SHANTEL! How are you going hun??

I managed to go to the gym and did a pretty good workout for 50 mins. Then came home to my 3rd pack of CD and another Atkins bar (they are all gone now 2gms of carbs and 210cals) I also had 2 TBS of cottage cheese. So a part SS part 810 day for my. I also drank about 2.6ltrs of water.

How are those spots of yours?

Bren
X

BREN, you are doing great. Keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time!

Bren, you seem definitely on track! I bet you're looking forward to your weigh in :) The spots are going down and aren't too sore; I'm not going to stress about it, as CD is fantastic! I don't have my weigh in until tomorrow but scales are reporting a good loss. I need to stop scale hopping :| Hope you're well hun x

Yes you get off those scales! Truth is about week 3 your losses will become smaller, whilst your body is adjusting and you dont want to get disheartened. Now after tomorrow off the scales until WI!! I am not going to go on them either until I see CDC.

I felt thinner this morning and resisted. Definitely becoming more defiant against my nibbling, I resisted buying a protein bar this afternoon and just bought a coffee to drink on the way home. I did have a few pumpkin seeds and some cottage cheese when I got home before dinner and now I am going to guzzle the green tea until bed, actually perhaps just one or two cups.

Water today has been about 2.7ltrs so pretty chuffed with that. Although I really could have had a bullion drink instead of the seeds (forgot about that saviour) I was really hungry at the end of the day and did cook dinner straight after I nibbled, so this is a habit I need to break!

Fingers crossed for WI. I would like to loose more than 1kg which is 2.2lbs. If I do this for the next 9 weeks I can be only 3.2kg's away from goal and will be feeling quite comfortable and possibly thinking about moving up to 1000 whilst I am away for the 2 following weeks. Would be extra awesome if I get to 2kg's from goal, but at 69.2kg's I would be feeling very happy and confident.

Anyway ladies thanks again for both of your support!

Mwaah!
xx

You can do it Bren - why not put the bouillon in front of the nuts and seeds then you will reach for it first lol

YEP THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!

I ate a lovely dinner, tuna steak and cabbage with capsicum (green pepper) and a little spring onion. I am in Ketosis! YAY! Still only the first shade of pink but non the less I'm on 810 and it's still better than not being in Ketosis. So a healthy 810 dinner however, must admit I think my portion was too big, in fact it was. I have bought salmon for tomorrow, I know it's not allowed until 1000 but I am going to have a smaller portion and it was better than having tofu again, as I only ate that all last week through sickness, laziness and convenience. I am going to half the salmon portion and have it again the following night.

Bren
X

Morning all!

This morning the bloated tummy from eating a too large portion at dinner, has gone. Feeling positive this morning and I looked at my belly and thought, yep my waist is definitely starting to show again!! YAY. Who said it could go on holiday in the first place!

My clothes for work this morning are also feeling more comfortable to wear and I tried on one of those skirts, fits easier but still not ready to wear out in public! he he!

Ciao for now.

Bren
X

Back