Monday always a good day to restart!

Yesterday I SS with 3.5 packs because I was sick, although I did nibble at some cheese and nuts.... Not worried though. All in all my calories for the week will still be very low and I should still loose.

It is so the case that we want to be thinner tomorrow when we wake up though! I wonder if dreams come true LOL!!!

How are you going hun??

I am home sick today I just couldn't go in I'm all sniffly. My wedding anniversary too so hubby went out and bought my new slippers and a beautiful scarf today. However he will forget my b'day next week!

Bren
X

I have done 4 packs (SS) and had a little bit of nibbling today; nuts, sultanas, yoghurt and cheese and 6 yoghurt coated fruit bits in total about 300 cals. So with packs that's about 1000 cals for the day.

Also happy with this as I know that when I stick to 1000 cals a day I usually loose about 2.2lbs a week. So I do try my best day to day and I am aware that some days will be better than others. Thats life!

I bought 2 skirts today which I can put on an zip up but they are to tight to wear to work yet LOL!!! So some motivation pieces, hopefully in about 2 weeks I will feel comfortable in them. Hoping this week to loose about 3.5lbs so fingers crossed. Thinking about the gym before I pick hubby up from work but to tell you the truth I dont have the motivation. Perhaps I can do some floor exercises and weights at home for 20 mins??

How are you going hun? How was yesterday? Bullion drink has been my saviour.

Bren
X

Bren, You are ding so well. I don't know how you can nibble.... once I start I can't stop so its not even an option for me... Loving that your hubby got you gifts and you expect him to forget next week.... bloomin typical!

I was reading an artical in Health and Fitness yesterday about exercising and how difficult it is to get motivated and how brill we feel afterwards. I suppose we have to think about that after feeling.... sounding a bit like ss and wi's lol

Yeah I love exercising. Do have my slumps weeks when i only go on the weekends. Trick for me is 4 or 5 sessions a week of 45 mins. I'm trying not to punish myself mentally for not being able to go today because of the flu.

xx

You are so right not to punish yourself its also then that you end up getting an injury.... 45mins 4/5 times a week is brill I am trying to do 30mins a day - thats including walking (shopping will be included)lol

((big hugs)) hope you are feeling better soon

AMxx

Bren! Well done on the SS, you're soo nearly there! You will definitely fit into those skirts and you must post pictures when you do! I need to buy some inspiration clothing to fit into, but my jeans are feeling loose so I'm happy enough! Fingers crossed you lose that 3.5lbs this week ;)

I'm doing well Bren, just don't like most of the shakes but I'm forcing them down :( I'm still motivated and really feeling good. I'm losing weight from my chest area, even though I still have 66lbs to lose my collar bones are pretty prominant- I get that from my Mum. I'd ideally like to lose more weight from my arms and stomach, but nothing the gym won't fix while I work up the plans xx

Shantel

Very true the gym will definitely help with that. You could even do some weights now so that when you have lost you will also have a new shape due to the muscle sculpting.

As for the shake flavours have you tried the Soya ones, they are much better... except banana! I love vanilla and the chocolate one I enjoy hot and split it into 2. When is your next WI hun??

AM I am feeling better today and forced myself to go to work this morning.

Suprisingly I thought today that I would have to break my diet food wise.. but I haven't. However........... I had a gin and soda water! I am normally really good at avoiding alcohol but I did a colleague a huge favour today and they wanted to thank me and I really couldn't say no.

So what to do today so far I have had;
shake
bar
1/2 shake hot choc

For dinner I am not really hungry but thinking of having a porridge as half a shake will not suffice. Any thoughts. Not worried about the drink as I have drunk so much water and is was only gin, I chose the soda water as this is a free option cal wise.

Bren
x

Hey Bren,
We have some dumbbells so I will give them a go :) I don't think we have the soya shakes in the UK, not that I'm aware. I think it's because I haven't been making them as ice cold, so I'll give that a go. My next weigh in is now tuesday as my CDC has changed her days. Hopefully I'll have a good loss; scales are showing 2.4lbs loss which I'm pleased about and I have 4 days to lose more :) I only have to lose 0.4lb to be into the next stone! I really cannot wait. I'm hoping that I'll be a few pounds away from goal, if not at goal, by Christmas *fingers crossed*.

I would say have the other half a shake and porridge, as that would make 4 foodpacks, which you can have on SS xx

Well I did have the porridge and think if I get peckish it will only be through boredom and I will drink Bullion so that's 3.5 packs.

Hey and Shantel great losses so far girl! An extra day will probably be a good thing as usually wk3 is a small one so having the extra day will probably ensure that you have a reasonable loss. Anyway 2.4 at the moment I would be happy with. When you have less to loose unfortunately having a big loss is very rare. I do pray for the day I reach a 5lb or more.

Way to go on the jeans and I think you will be moving up the plans and possibly finished at Xmas babe!

Bren
XX

I need to buy some of that bullion, as I like a more savoury taste. Finding shakes too sweet even with plenty of water. Aww yeah I'd like a 5lb loss but I'd be happy with anything which made up to 1 stone in a month. This month I'm aiming for 21lbs, which would be good as it's my first month. However I'm still happy as I've lost 1 stone already and could not have with any other diet. Thanks Bren! You're doing really well! You can definitely SS! You'll be at goal soon xx

I will be attempting to SS where and when possible but need to allow for time/life getting in the way. I dont plan to cheat but things pop up i.e. my birthday and hubby might want to have a drink to celebrate our anniversary which was yesterday. So if I am presented with a situation I am just going to make a healthy choice, live with it and not punish myself. I will loose this weight and want to loose this weight. If it takes a couple of weeks longer than so be it. As I dont want to isolate myself from friends and hubby just because I am not happy with myself.

I'm really proud that I have SS'd in some form the past 2 days and hope it shows on Thursday at WI. I am hoping to loose about 20lbs by the 19th of Sept. This is in about 9 weeks. So this means about 2.2lbs a week. Then I go home and visit family and friends an can be working up the plans then on 1000. Doing this will mean I can still have a shake for breakie, 2 peices of fruit and a bar for snacks and have salad for lunch and vege for dinner, whether it be dinning in or out. I can very happily maintain I know it envolves good food choices and keeping up my exercise. I did it for many years before I put my work first and then over 2-3 years 4 or more kilos crept on each year!

Bren
X

Hey are you going to by a new pair of jeans soon? Your friends are not going to recognise you when you go back to school! Have you told any of them??? I hope you haven't put your life on hold for CD.

Bren
X

Hey Bren,
That's a great way; I read a post and it said you shouldn't be a prisoner of CD. I totally agree. I haven't told my friends, I've told them I want to shed a few pounds over summer. I still meet up with them and go to the park and have picnics, but I just drink water. I'm also going clubbing with them on Monday ;) I've just been avoiding day trips, but other than that I've been accomodating CD into my life well. I agree, it's definitely achievable hun! It really is, especially with Cambridge diet :)

I've got some jeans, they're my absolute favourite, hoping to fit into them by the end of August :) I've tried on some old clothes which now fit :) xx

Always such a great feeling and incentive to keep going Shantel, when old clothes suddenly fit! I went to Thailand in April and was wearing my bikini and some shorts which now look ridiculous!! No JOKE! I actually have back fat now and that was only 15lbs ago. My waist is only just at my signature mini goal of 78cm's and tomorrow is my day to do my home measurements fingers crossed for some movement there.

As for trying on some old clothes I am just going to aim for those 2 skirts I bought yesterday that should hopefully be in about 6 or 7 lbs time.

Good on you for still having a life. I know that others must read my post and think that I'm not following the diet properly but for me its just about being able to get there and loose the weight. Better to be doing CD and loosing in some form than not doing anything about it at all hey! And when I get to moving up the plans I am going to do that by the book so I feel that I really just need to get to that stage. Does that make sense?

Bren
X

You must ask your CDC about porridge and soya shakes (not so sweet and thicker in texture), know you will enjoy them.

x

I know what you mean! I'm really looking forward for the higher plans too! You'll be in those skirts in no time :) I'm looking forward to be being under 200lbs :) I have 10lbs to do that! Wow, I really can't believe that 2 weeks ago I had around 27lbs to do that. It feels like time is passing so soon! Hun, you're doing what works for you an that is the main thing xx

Thanks Shantel and I think you and I have been great support to each other. It's a great journey to do on your own it's even greater to share it with someone.

For me I have lost fast and lost weight slowly. The later always seems to stay off longer for me. Hey, but this time it will be for life. Why?.... Because I want it to.

XX

Also what you weigh now is what I used to weigh at your age! I lost 30 kilos very slowly over many years and kept it off for about 3/4 actually now I do the math, before I let the exercise go.

Problem now is I got the exercise under control but no the food, hence the need for CD.

XX

Back