Moosh's S&S diary

Fantastic! I'm struggling today and almost caved!! I've not though. Coming on here and reading everyone else's stories spurs me on!! xx

Today isn't going great, I did an omelete with veg for the baby which usually just wouldn't tempt me but today I was sooooo wanting egg! I really needed something chewy so I had a Tesco choc bar for lunch. Annoyed with myself though, I'm still on plan but I do like having a bar when I do the kids' tea! I think I'll either have a chilli or shake, or just not have anything and have two packs tonight. I'm so tempted to have veg now- theres brocolli in the fridge- but I know I shouldn't, not on 4 packs. Grr.

I've drunk too much again, probably had 2.5 litres already. Grr again! I'm really thirsty but I won't have anything as I'll be leaving soon for the school run. Then tonight I'll have to ration myself!

Good news is the fibre is working! I bought some yesterday, the one in a jar from Tesco and took 2tsp last night and 2 this morning and already thats worked! I must be such a sad sack, all I could think afterwards was 'oh I wish I could weigh myself now!' I weighed this morning, 1lb down from Saturday so all on track.

Wanting to weigh yourself after an ahem isn't sad! We're all a bit bonkers, I kept my socks on once and was convinced that made the difference at weigh in!!!! (They are heavy socks :))

Some of my socks weight at least 4st each, I don't kknow why I keep them on on WI day!

I think I've reached the height of S&S laziness. Just got home, only had two packs thus far so wanted something quick! I put a crispy choc shake in a bowl, dribbled a little water on, mixed and am eating mush! Sooooooo nice though..... I eek it out by using a tiny spoon!

I've not tried my sample of chrispy choc yet as I enjoy the shakes so much. But I do think I'll have to have a go but with water. :) x

I like the taste but I don't like the crispy bits when I do it properly! Very glad I found a way to do it thats not a drink- I drink a load of water at the same time so the contents of my tummy are exactly the same. I usually zap it so you can pick it up like a brownie but having that with a spoon was sooo good!

Yes this is why I've been putting it off as not sure about drinking a lumpy one lol plus I like my shakes huge x

Some people really love them, I would love them if I strained the crispy bits but I worry that I'll lose nutrients etc! I'll kepp buying them, I mean I tried the red berry shake and will never order that one again!

I just stick to chocolate so should try it.

Guess I should try it tomorrow or maybe Friday

Wouldn't mind a bar like a crunchie the truffle bar is nice but small

The choc crispy is my absolute face I have two a day!!

Mini you are TOTALLY allowed veg on 4 a day. I often hav it but not every day. So if you want it hav it!!! Xxx

It's on the info sheet. Loads of us have veg on the four a day honestly!! It's the chicken you don't have on four a day xx

Ha, scotbean our replies crossed in the post :)

Oh yes, I can see how you might read it like that now. But no matter the veg is definitely allowed on all the plans :)

****nuts

Today was bad. Really bad. Feeling very depressed, a bit out of it. I haven't spoken to my boyfriend in a week and he keeps calling and emailing and I ignore and at some point he's going to give up on me. I'm in a very bad place. It's so cold and I'm covered in exzema, literally everywhere I'm really suffering. I'm now sitting in my flat with the heating on at 30 and it's so cold I'm in two pairs of pjs and a jumper with my dressing gown and I can't stop shaking! Bad bad.

Today I cheated- for the first time. I couldn't cope, I went and had one of the packs of wafers from the S&S site as well as my 4 packs AND a bit of cucumber. I'm so hungry right now but I have no food in the house! I swear if there were crisps or something here I'd eat the lot.

The only thing that has changed really is I've upped my flavoured water intake. I started off the first week having one sachet of the S&S flavouring, now I've discovered other places to citric acid free waters I've been having them a lot. Also I've started drinking 2-3 cups of tea a day and 1-2 cups of boullion. I hate to think how much I've drunk today- maybe over 6l. Thing is I've getting Asda and Tesco waters which are 99p and 70p for 1.5l but yesterday found Iceland's apple flavour which is 2x2l bottles for £1! So much cheaper. But..... bigger bottles mean I drink more, I know I've had at least 2l just of the apple water. Has about 30 cals per 2l bottle so I thought that'd be ok. But it contains aspartame- I've heard so many differing views on it I have no idea what to believe!

Sooooooo....... tomorrow is a new day. 100% day. No Tesco bar, no wafers (can't anyway, all gone), no flavoured water, no boullion. Going 100% with what the sheet/site says- it says you can have tea, so I will do. Says make shake with cold water, I will do. I'll have chilli as it's the only meal I don't add pepper or garlic to. Lets see if this blip is the old depression rearing it's ugly head or is my slow descent away from the actual diet!

Oh hell that means no coke zero either... and I do love a can of it after work. I really hope it isn't the Iceland water specifically, as I went past today with a half empty buggy so I got four 2l bottles! Hope I don't have to waste them.

Oh one other change I just realised- I started having Benefibre twice a day the day before yesterday. I'll not take it tomorrow in case thats it.

Oh I just wish I could feel warm! I'm usually such a hot person- There was one year, when I was at my heaviest, when I had a fan on to sleep every day of the year. Including all winter. In a house with no central heating! Now I'm sleeping in a hooded dressing gown to keep my neck warm and have two duvets. Dammit!

Mini -hugs to you!!!!I wish I could say all the right things. I will try.

Do not beat yourself up. You did not cheat really today. It's always best to have another pack than to go off plan. That's all you did. Th veg Is allowed so that's fine. Cold or hot the shakes are the same. If having them hot helps your chills have that! And adding spices to your meal is also fine! Coke zero is not affecting your losses there is nothing in t!!

If you feel low about other things then that is a trigger for eating I know this all too well. Also this diet can cause depression and mood swings so you have to bear that in mind.

By cutting out everything that is making the diet bearable you risk making yourself feel worse. Please don't do that!!

You can come on here and moan as much as you like!! That's what we are for!! And maybe speak to your boyfriend it might help to speak to someone who obviously cares about you xxxx

I'm prone to a depressed state of mind. Not actual depression I don't think, well I've never been diagnosed. I just sometimes think why bother, what do I have going for me. Stupid thing to say but really, I don't have kids, I pay over half of my wage in rent plus bills too, I have no partner relying on me- my boyfriend lives in France, I've seen him once since I left in 2009 and we rarely speak. Not really someone depending on me!

I don't want to give this up I think existing while thin and healthy has to be better than people shying away from my when i puff and pant.

Oh and I've also failed my OU course so thats wasted about £800 plus hours of work. I spent all my money on this bloody furniture and my house is still a state. I'm so cold I come home and sit on the sofa all wrapped up, I can't even get up to tidy up!

Moan moan moan etc.

Back