Moosh's S&S diary

OMG My little moosh! You look amazing, you should be so proud of yourself, your face is so much slimmer. I am proud of you, that's a really great achievement and can see from your pics that the difference between this 2stone is remarkable! PS still jealous of you lovely skin x

Had a bad nosebleed yesterday, I've never had one in my life and suddenly I'm pouring. Not good. Today I went to make breakfast (choc mush, no time for porridge) and I'm bleeding all over the surface again. Bah. Sitting with tissue up my nose.

STS today, been 100% so I dunno why I just can't get down to the 11s. Literaly 0.3lb to go and I'll see 11! Wah.

Off to work, have good day. Will be taking laptop as there is an item ending at 1pm which is close to me so I could pick it up! Woop! Hope I get it/ it doesn't get too dear.

wow minimoosh what fab pics, you look amazing, am so pleased for you, xxx

ps i am now a feeder too, any leftovers have to go straight in the bin or i would be scoffing them cold later, i have even been known to eat morning after pizza (dont even like it much) and chinese.

So lunch was a salad, I decided to have the 200g veg then have a choc mush pudding! So far today- choc mush, 1 glass coke zero, 1 glass water, 1l water, 500ml water with flavouring in, 200g lettuce, celery, shallot, cucumber salad with herbs on, choc mush. I didn't bring the coke to work! And went in Tesco and the 3 for 2 offer has run out so didn't buy any, no way am I paying full price for something!

Just won a size 16 top on ebay, something to look forward to getting into!

Day 55, so far- choc mush, 500ml coke zero, 1l water, 200g salad with half tin tuna, glass coke zero.

I wanted porridge but I had to go to work early- boss asks me occasionally, half hour early and he'll be back one hour early so I can go. Good deal? He has never once been back early! Or appologised. Grr. Most nights he's late, last night I didn't go till 7.40 (finish at 7 supposedly!) then I went to Asda so I didn't get home till 11ish! then the early start. Really, really glad I'm on S&S because I just seem to be far less tired- I've always been insomniac but then pay for non-sleep the next day. Right now I can just get up and go, I'm not hanging and grumpy!

I got- lots of Bl bars, tabasco, paprika, pickled eggs!!!! and £50 worth of tops! Go me! 8 or 9 of them, I already have jeans. To last me the next month or two, I hope! I already ordered 2 or 3 from ebay, one came yesterday but is just a bit too small so will be in my wardrobe for when I get there. One thing I do need to sort out is something for the funeral, I don't know when it is though so will wait till I find out.

STS again, well actually have gone up another 0.2lb. Disheartening on the long-term goal issue but short-term I'm fine with it, I feel so good right now. Hungry! But good. I was alwasy hungry anyway- but have now learned that even if I eat something right then, in a bit I will feel exactly the same as not eating. Good to know!

Had nanny friend over, chatted whilst the kids played. Turns out she also is trying to reduce her carbs, I mean she is a size 12 if that but she has lost a stone recently so does understand. She knows what I'm doing and is very interested. She says she limits carbs to the equivelant of two slices of bread a day, so it's really really good that I know someone who is aware of the whole carb thing.

I did tuna sweetcorn sandwiches for baby, smelled sooo good but I had the extra tuna with my salad, just under half a tin so will also have a lovely pickled egg when I get home! Oh my goodness they are lovely, I had a sneaky one when I got home then had another! Oh dear, glad they are pure protein.

It's tipping it down, and in an hour I have to walk over a mile with a double buggy (so no way I can use a brolly) then walk back with the bedraggled kids. Sometimes I wish with all my heart there was a direct bus route! Sigh.

I found some non-food smelling facemasks in Boots, 3 for 2. I got 2 mud ones and a peel off. Non-food treats all the way. Also got the new issue of Look the day after I got the other issue. If I get tempted, I'll open it up and gaze at the stuff I could be wearing!

Rewarding certainly, but tiring oh yes! Not many jobs you have to do an 11-12 hour day with no breaks! And also involve poo!

I'm making my way through the mags, trying to work out which one is 'me'. I think the ones I used to buy as a teen are a bit too young for me now!

From what i gather from people who look after children for a living its not the children who are hard work its the parents. I hope tour little ones are good for you. Nothing harder when trying to loose weight, looking after children who are hard work. I dont think i would have the patience for it xx

From what i gather from people who look after children for a living its not the children who are hard work its the parents. I hope tour little ones are good for you. Nothing harder when trying to loose weight, looking after children who are hard work. I dont think i would have the patience for it xx

Oh my goodness that is so very true! Dealing with the parents is hard, 99% of the times if you have a childcare issue it's a parent thing not a child thing!

I love it though, wouldn't swap it for any other career!

I was going to post a cheery diary entry about my new 'incentive' dress which arrived yesterday, looks amazing but would be way too long for me so I'll never wear it. But my mum called yesterday and bowled me over, my dad was rushed to hospital yesterday morning with a suspected heart attack. Mum decided to wait till they had done tests and till I had finished work to tell me- which I am so gratefull for, as the tests ruled out all fatal type things like heart attack and stuff. They think it's a gall bladder thing. He's having more tests today to see if he needs it removed.

Such, such bad timing. After his brother passed away and my friend'd dad died too, I can't help but think the worst but the relief that although serious it's not TOO serious if that makes sense is huge.

Anyway, like I say, dress came. It's length is regular so will be too long but I know per una stuff, I know when it fits me on the chest their other stuff will fit and as it has the tags on I can reebay it. It is beautiful, more grey than black as it looked in the pics, very detailed, and the kind of thing I really really want to be able to have in my wardrobe soon.

5th day STS, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here but no movement at all. All it would take would be a loss of 0.3lb to take me to 11st something but the scales won't budge. I've been 100% too, well ok I had an extra pickled egg last night after I got the call thats all.

I've just done a tuna pasta bake as the 7 year old asked for it this morning, I did it just without thinking and without picking at all. It's a good thing, I suppose, starting to break that habit but I do need to consciously think whilst cooking so I don't just chuck it in my mouth.

I was feeling really odd and 'wilty' on the way back from school, just very hard work putting one foot in front of the other. I don't know, maybe it's because I didn't drink much at breakfast- I was in a real hurry, speaking to mummy moosh on the phone and I needed to be in 15 mins early but forgot to reset my alarm so I ended up having choc mush with a glass of water then just leaving with my hair wet. I took nipper to the park and briefly considered having my emergency truffa that I keep in my bag, not as an emotional, got to eat thing, just as physically I felt naff but.... well I started to open it and baby's eyes light up so no way I'm eating something like that in front of her! So I put it away and came home, I really felt every step though.

I had a spare bottle of coke zero at work so I had a couple of glasses then about 50g chicken- luckily boss had bought some cooked chicken so I had a nibble. Felt so much better, more like me, I don't know if it was the liquid or the food but I did the pasta thing without needing to eat so think I'll be ok.

Lunch will be a salad with either the rest of the chicken or a tin of tuna- I think I'll have a little more than 100g protein today, and avoid having extra packs if I can. I know if I had had that bar I would still have had my 5pm bar too so I'm glad I had the chicken instead.

In a new size 18 top today, it's a boring long-sleeved thing but it looks ok. Worst area is still my tummy, it's so big and I need to reduce it not so much for looks, just I know thats the worst area to carry fat. But at least I know I am getting there.

I ordered my sample today, the new products and finally getting round to trying the things I haven't yet- banana and the coffee shake, and the mushroom soup. I don't have high hopes, I don't like the veg soup and I don't like mushrooms but it's all so subjective. And I'm glad I did wait, I mean week one I would have tried something, disliked it and either done my best to force it down or in the case of the tom soup chuck it. Now I'll add garlic, veg maybe, herbs, mustard seeds, pepper.... I'm doing so much more with food now, it's amazing. I'll try the new porridge although from what I hear I won't like it- I live the porridge now, it's not sweet enough for me but I do add lots of spices and stuff to pep it up. I am looking forward to the mac cheese though, someting new. The first month I mostly had cottage pie, thats the one I ran out of first. Since then pretty much every day involves choc mush or occasionally vanilla, sometimes crispy ones to change. I realised today I haven't had one of the meals or a chicken soup in about a month, just having bars, mush and the protein meal. Funny how it all changes.

Well, I'm waiting to hear from my family. I don't think I'll go home, I do want to see them all but I will be a burden plus I can't afford the time off really. The house is tiny and mum will insist I have her bed, I can't do that to them. No chance of booking a hotel, mum wouldn't hear of it, it would offend her no end. So I'll see them all for the funeral, hopefully dad will be recovered by then. That's what the Drs are indicating, either going home today or having the op with a longer stay but it's not life-threatening. Phew. Then I'll go home at Easter, I put it of cos of the long journey, cost, disruption to them etc but I need to see them.

Sorry to hear that your dad isn't well. Gall stones are very painful but are unlikely to be serious. He'll either be ok or if he needs an operation it's likely to be keyhole surgery with very quick recovery time. Let is know how he gets on. And congrats to you for handling it but staying on track.

Feeling a bit wobbly is very likely to be from dehydration. It's important to make sure that you drink enough. Look after yourself hun.

Sorry to hear that your dad isn't well. Gall stones are very painful but are unlikely to be serious. He'll either be ok or if he needs an operation it's likely to be keyhole surgery with very quick recovery time. Let is know how he gets on. And congrats to you for handling it but staying on track.

Feeling a bit wobbly is very likely to be from dehydration. It's important to make sure that you drink enough. Look after yourself hun.

thanks. I don't think it can be dehydration, I got up 3 times last night for the loo so I know I drink if anything too much! I should have had a bit more, I usually manage 2 glasses at breakfast but my routine is- leave home at 7.30, get kids at 7.45, walk to school and back, usually home at 9. So no loo between 7.30 and 9! Bit hellish, have to be careful not to drink too much.

Do you mean keyhole for gall bladder removal? They ruled out gallstones with a scan, but think there is a problem so the op would be to remove it. I have no idea about it and TBH the idea of googling fills me with dread as I know I'll see something to terrify me!

thanks for the quick support, love you people! I feel so relieved to write it all out, I know it's a long diary entry but I kept going, really helps.

MiniMoosh said:
Do you mean keyhole for gall bladder removal? They ruled out gallstones with a scan, but think there is a problem so the op would be to remove it. I have no idea about it and TBH the idea of googling fills me with dread as I know I'll see something to terrify me!

I assumed it was gallstones - but gall bladder removal is almost always also done through keyhole surgery nowadays too.

if it is the gallbladder it is a simple op, i had mine out last august as i had an infection in it, i was quite poorly, once they knew what it was i had keyhole to whip it out and i was home 2 days later, very painful but simple op to make things better, i do hope all goes well minimoosh, you still take things in your stride with all sorts thrown at you, lots of admiration girl x

Thanks for replies, good to know it's not a serious as feared. Just waiting waiting to hear, keeping my mind off it. Need to do the ironing now, really can't be bothered but..... I always seem to end up leaving it, panicking on friday evening and staying late :( I live to procrastinate.

I had mine out and it made such a difference. The pain with the gall bladder is awful but once its out he will feel 100 times better xx i was only in hospital for 3days.

Hope your ok xx

Back