Moosh's S&S diary

Hi Moosh

Not surprising you have felt a bit rubbish with all the family trauma over the last few weeks ... you are a real inspiration.

Give yourself and enormous pat on the back for making it thorough to the other side with no weight gain!!!

Have a good week and home the shopping trip went well

XXX

Sorry to hear uve had a rough time hun, so glad ur back, nearly fell off the chair when i saw you might be leaving, youve done so well it would be such a shame to throw it all away, well done for coming back. Hope you have a fresh start and a good week this week xx

Right right! Thanks all of you, on here and on MFP, for being so supportive and understanding. I was all set to write a looong diary entry yesterday but I got to work and they said the web was busted! I usually go online when little monkey sleeps, like now, so bummer. Also they asked me to babysit so I was here till 9.30, that's a 14 hour day if anyone cares!

So I'm still on it, still plugging away. Not 100%, if I'm honest. Yesterday I was sooooo needing to eat, I was feeling really really weak and jelly-legged so I had a slice of chicken breast, about 40g. Then I went home and did have an extra pack...... but it was a shake not a bar, so thats an improvement at least.

Sunday was good, I went Primark and spent £60!!!!! But some was on hairslides and £6 on a bag so not too horrendous. I got..... a couple of £3 t shirts, a vest and a top to go under, another vest top and a black top to go under- but the only black one they had was size 8! So today am wearing size 8 top, size 20 vest and size 14 trousers, how confusing. And a size 16 coat from Primarka few years back!

I went to Debenhams to look into my skincare, I need to get sorted. My skin is AMAZING cos of all the water I drink (curently on 4-6l a day, no fizzy, one mug boullion maybe one or two of tea) I've used the same old skincare since I was a teen, well on and off, I only tend to bother when I've lost some weight as otherwise whats the point trying to look good! Bodyshop for combination skin, good but I think my skin is getting dryer as I get older (30 this year!).

So first stop was Bodyshop, got samples of the sensitive range and one for aging skin!!!!! Then on to Debenhams, got samples of Elizabeth Arden (not very keen, expensive and quite thick, doesnt sink in) and Claritins which I havent tried yet. Also got a started kit from Clinique, have to say not impressed as I still have to use my regular night cream! Dried my skin out a lot. So I'm hanging round the beuty board on MN and so far have found Liz Earle and the oil cleansing method, so will be trying both when I have a bit more money! Got £25 for babysitting so that will go towards the trainfare to the funeral.

I'm going overboard with gum, I can't stop! I keep opening a new piece for the flavour, bad of me but if I didn't I'd be in the kids snack drawer eating the dreaded custard creams of doom.

Had 2 packs so far, both choc mush! Yesterday was all vanilla mush and a bar. Weird of me, I need to start having savoury meals again. I had 100g veg in the form of a lettuce and cucumber salad with a slice of ham! I entered it into MFP and it was 30 cals, 1g fat, 6g protein so not too horrendous and REALLY helped me not jump into the snacks. I entered all my exercise in and I was 960 cals under goal (I set the goal at 600 then they give you 'extra' for exercise) I walk a LOT! I had 84g carbs though, bad bad. That's cos of the extra pack and I had a BL bar instead of a S&S one. So now I will have to limit them.... I just didn't realise they had 27g carbs in! So I'll try not to have them but hard, they are so much bigger and last longer. Very interesting adding the stuff to MFP, I'd never considered exactly what I'm having in terms of carbs etc, just following the plan as best I can but now I see having a dry-fried egg, if I need to, would be a good extra at 85 cals no carbs.

So later will try for a S&S bar rather than a BL one, and later on something savoury! I do have the new chilli to try, should have that really.

Just having my daily read of the diaries :)

Thought I would comment on the skin care side of things been using "expensive" brands for years. Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Clinique, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden

I would personally steer clear of Clinique, I found it to harsh and drying, tried it when I was younger and again last year with disastrous results. Son't know why I just don't stick to what I know works! lol

I love Lancôme skin care but it is very very pricey!

Recently tried Liz Earle and fell in love with the Cleanse and Polish to cleanse the skin and the toner that she does, wasn't overly impressed with the eye care range or the moisturisers, tried the normal one and super skin versions, but they left my skin a bit tight and wrinkly,if I screwed my face up, by late afternoon.

I love Clarins!! Been using their products for about 20 years on and off but always end up going back to them, don't think you can really go wrong, never had any problems with any of their products and I think my face looks pretty good for nearly 40!

Whenever I go out on a date nearly all say I look about 28 years old, so it must have done some good lol They last quite a while too as you don't need much, the key is using every day AM and PM rather than occasionally.

If you can find a good person behind a Clarins counter you can usually get lots of samples, I would go round 3-4 shops that sell it, get the samples which will give you a good supply for a week or two and then based on who looked after you the best, buy your products from them. My Clarins lady here is lovely! We are now Facebook friends and she really looks after me when I buy products.

So now I use daily AM/PM

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
Liz Earle Toner
Clarins Eye Cream/Clarins Eye Gel
Clarins Day Moisturiser
Clarins Serum
Clarins Night Moisturiser

Hope this helps xx

Hey Moosh, have you tried a truffa bar nuked in the microwave for like 10 seconds? Delicious!
I'm really bad & don't do skin care but my mom swears by Liz Earle -she has tonnes of brands at home but this is the one she keeps getting. I think it offers on QVC xo

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

Moosh, it's only the breakfast BL bars that have 27g carbs. The berry fudge is 17 and the mint is 19. They're the 2 that I have although I have them when I have protein instead of the 4th pack because the protein based meal with no carbs (apart from the veg) offsets the extra carbs in the BL bar.

Just having my daily read of the diaries :)

Thought I would comment on the skin care side of things been using "expensive" brands for years. Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Clinique, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden

I would personally steer clear of Clinique, I found it to harsh and drying, tried it when I was younger and again last year with disastrous results. Son't know why I just don't stick to what I know works! lol

I love Lancôme skin care but it is very very pricey!

Recently tried Liz Earle and fell in love with the Cleanse and Polish to cleanse the skin and the toner that she does, wasn't overly impressed with the eye care range or the moisturisers, tried the normal one and super skin versions, but they left my skin a bit tight and wrinkly,if I screwed my face up, by late afternoon.

I love Clarins!! Been using their products for about 20 years on and off but always end up going back to them, don't think you can really go wrong, never had any problems with any of their products and I think my face looks pretty good for nearly 40!

Whenever I go out on a date nearly all say I look about 28 years old, so it must have done some good lol They last quite a while too as you don't need much, the key is using every day AM and PM rather than occasionally.

If you can find a good person behind a Clarins counter you can usually get lots of samples, I would go round 3-4 shops that sell it, get the samples which will give you a good supply for a week or two and then based on who looked after you the best, buy your products from them. My Clarins lady here is lovely! We are now Facebook friends and she really looks after me when I buy products.

So now I use daily AM/PM

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
Liz Earle Toner
Clarins Eye Cream/Clarins Eye Gel
Clarins Day Moisturiser
Clarins Serum
Clarins Night Moisturiser

Hope this helps xx

Thanks so much! I really need all the help I can get, I know next to nothing. The Clarins woman was lovely, she asked me about my routine and weightloss etc and was the only one I spoke to who seemed to think before she recommended something! Will certainly be trying the samples and trying to get more! And will be ordering the Liz Earle on payday! :D

Moosh, it's only the breakfast BL bars that have 27g carbs. The berry fudge is 17 and the mint is 19. They're the 2 that I have although I have them when I have protein instead of the 4th pack because the protein based meal with no carbs (apart from the veg) offsets the extra carbs in the BL bar.

Oh now that is very interesting, I didn't look at the carbs for the others. I did look at the Tesco bars and they came in at 22g and 25g so high! Offsetting it would make a lot of sense, I've stopped having my protein meal as last week since I started having one regularly at work I've STS but they may be due to two days of blipping like a fool......

fantastic stuff, what uplifting posts and great news - yes you are a skinny one now x

I love Clains too! The women on the counter are great at recomending things. I've also had a free facial and free arm and hand massage - as well as lots of free samples! It's not cheap though...

If you go to Debenhams you can get a beauty club card which is a loyalty card when you shop at any of the beauty counters in Debenhams - earns money back quite quickly! Also, Calrins do a loyalty card which gives you a number of free mintues in the Debenhams Clarins spa. I currently have 65 free minutes and I'm trying to decide what to spend them on! Have decided to make it a reaching goal treat for myself!

Day whatever it is.... first day in a while everything has gone to plan really. Started by trying the new porridge, yuk yuk sooo salty. I added cinnamon, then nutmeg, the garam masala and nothing masked the salt so I chucked it- only the third time I've had to do that, tomato soup, vanilla caramel and this. So I had today-

choc mush
crispy vanilla mush
truffa
200g Asda mixed pickle (it's cauliflower, gerkin and onions pickled)
2 pickled eggs
choc mush

Plus 3l flavoured water and maybe 3-5l water.

Loving the mixed pickles, for some reason so much lower carb than gerkins or onions alone, can only assume it's the cauli. Added it all into MFP and it's 604 cals, 56g carb and 18g fat. Loving knowing that kind of stuff!

Just ordered a few sample pots of Lily Lolo mineral foundation and a brush from ebay, part of the making the best of me campaign! Given up on the Clinique, will return it, back to my old cleanser and the sample of aloe toner Bodyshop gave me, then the night cream aloe sample too. Feels so much better than the Clinique! Will be getting more samples on Sat, got big plans. Have Googled opening time of Primark, will be there for more tops and stuff then off to Boots, John Lewis, L'Occitane and Bentalls makeup counters to fill pockets with samples and hopefully get a makeover!

Today wore- size 16 new sky blue jeans, very bold. They are actually skinny jeans and I could at a pinch do the 14s but they were too tight on the calf! I roll them and they look strait leg rather than skinny. And a size 18 Primark tee that was a tad too big! Hurrah! My boss comented I look good.... but then stupidly I asked about continuation of my job (she's pregnant) and it looks grim, sigh. I'd hate to lose this job but in my line of work it's inevitable!

Planned to stop buying glossies as I have enough but I got a 3 pack of Cosmo, Company and one called Zest for a fiver! Will save two for the train to the funeral. Going Monday, back Tues. Will be nice to see my family. Part of the shopping trip on Sat is to get something to wear to the funeral and the day before for travel/seeing family.

Dreading the actual visit, will be kipping on aunt's floor and I don't know what to do about eating. Will get round it I'm sure but may need to be either low-carb days or something.

Mother's day stuff sent, hope it gets there.

i still havent bought myself some pickled eggs, subconciously scared i might eat the whole jar...

i still havent bought myself some pickled eggs, subconciously scared i might eat the whole jar...

They're nice but a bit dry and well, pickly! I did have three on a binge day :eek: but I think that's the most even I could do, and I am a serious, 5000+ cals a day binger sometimes!

STS today, yesterday I was 100% pretty much (additional protein, no extra carbs) funny how the body is! If I STS tomorrow for proper WI I'll have lost 3lb which is ok but that's 3lb for two weeks so not my finest moment.

Baby is eating dried prunes and I really want some even though I don't really like them, aaargh. No binging please! Can't wait for the weekend, shop shopping. I got a confirmation email that my Lily Lolo stuff has been dispatched, oh I really hope I get it tomorrow or Monday before I go, would like to try it so I look smooth to meet my family!

Today I'm happy for 2 reasons- someone in baby gym class asked if I babysat, why yes I do I need the money! She has two dates in April she needs someone, it's a bus ride away but I'll save money by walking there and bus home. Second reason, I just made another hole in my belt, as my jeans were falling down! They're size 12! But not to get too excited, they're Matalan which runs huge. I'm still in 16 M&S and Asda trousers.

Had a choc shake for lunch, I get sooooo cold after I eat I don't know why that is. Ordered some oils from Amazon to try this oil cleansing method I keep hearing about- call me a sheep, following the crowd!

Am 11st 10lb today- at 11st 7lb I will go from obese to overweight for the first time in my life! Lets hope for this week or next week!

Fantastic loss this week! Well into the 11 something range. So close to be overweight too! Good luck!

Well done moosh. Really close to overweight now. Stick with it!

Back