More confusion with syns

ByeByeBelly

Hi

I wonder if someone can help me? Yesterday I fancied a sandwich for my lunch so went to Tesco and bought one of their Light Choices Prawn Mayonnaise. Luckily before I ate it I checked the syns online and it was 13.5!!!! :cry: gave it to someone else to eat and went and got a salad! :(

Today I've bought the Light Choices Chicken with Baby Potatoes. Upon checking this is 5.5 syns! Now looking at the pack the chicken is breast with no skin, it has boiled baby potatoes, green beans and chunks of carrot so where are the 5.5 syns coming from??? I know it has a gravy with it but surely the gravy isn't 5.5 syns????

Hope someone can please advise as I'm having terrible trouble.

Btw, I'm following the EE plan.

Thanks in advance
Kaz
x

I think the website can be misleading sometimes, as I don't think a lot of the EE syn values take into account the potatoes and chicken as free food - what does everyone else think? I've come across this before - Jaylou explains it much better than I can, maybe she can help out?

If only we had one of those Batman lights to shine in the sky to call Jaylou when we need help!!

i can't see how a dressing can have 5.5 syns in it.... Although maybe it's the chicken? Mcdonalds plain grilled chicken salad with no dressing is a couple of syns, and I think maybe they put preseratives and sugar or filler or something in the chicken before it's cooked? That's the only thing in it that's not plain salad so it must be!

Don't panic Kaz, i'm 100% sure it won't affect your weightloss... Not sure i'd be eating any more of them though, just in case! xx

Thanks earlybird, I'm gonna eat it anyway cos it's not quite as high as the prawn sandwich and I've no other syns planned as yet so I'll work around it.

Hopefully Jaylou or someone can throw more light on it.

:D

Hi

I wonder if someone can help me? Yesterday I fancied a sandwich for my lunch so went to Tesco and bought one of their Light Choices Prawn Mayonnaise. Luckily before I ate it I checked the syns online and it was 13.5!!!! :cry: gave it to someone else to eat and went and got a salad! :(

Today I've bought the Light Choices Chicken with Baby Potatoes. Upon checking this is 5.5 syns! Now looking at the pack the chicken is breast with no skin, it has boiled baby potatoes, green beans and chunks of carrot so where are the 5.5 syns coming from??? I know it has a gravy with it but surely the gravy isn't 5.5 syns????

Hope someone can please advise as I'm having terrible trouble.

Btw, I'm following the EE plan.

Thanks in advance
Kaz
x

They may have used butter or some type of dressing on it and not put it on the packaging, they can put allsorts in to make it stay fresh for as long as possible, or a dressing of some sort.......who knows.

I am only on 1 week of SW but they were talking about extras put in gravy on ready prepared foods....

Look at the detailed ingredients list on the back of the pack. Is there oil in there? Butter, cornflour, flour - all these have syns.

For the sandwich - you could have taken off 6 syns if the bread was wholemeal. I expect it had some kind of spread, as well as the mayonnaise. Even if it is low-calorie mayonnaise it still has syns. These things all add up - generally speaking I find ready made sandwiches are a bit of a nightmare!

They may have used butter or some type of dressing on it and not put it on the packaging, they can put allsorts in to make it stay fresh for as long as possible, or a dressing of some sort.......who knows.

I am only on 1 week of SW but they were talking about extras put in gravy on ready prepared foods....

Whatever they put in has to be in the ingredients list - the problem with this is that the print is usually so tiny, and sometimes they use terminology that is not very clear.

Back