Motivation

Collar bonnes :bunnydance:

My main motivation was for size and health reasons, having just finished a 7 day attack phase i have already found my attitude to food has changed.

My achilles heal was eating rubbish late at night, ie. a bar of fruit and nut, now i have my oat bran and milk before i go to bed.

I still walk around Morrisons sniffing the waft of fresh bread, and so far haven't fallen off the wagon at all.

I think its all about variation of food.

If i do feel in need of a quick fix then a can of Diet coke not only takes any urge away but makes me feel quite full.

I am a big home made curry fan, and still enjoy these with a little adaptation, and no less tasty and satisfying, although the nan bread has had to go.

The first day I started my diet I took very frank pictures of myself... showing my muffin top from behind, my stomach etc..

I put one picture (the worst of the lot ) as my screen saver and saw this everyday!:eek:

This was my motivation. When I finished the diet I took again some pictures wearing exactly the same as the first day in the same positions and the results made me sooooooooo happy!:D

So now the new pictures anddddddddddddd the new clothes ( I have gone a bit overboard with the sales :eek: ) Keep me motivated during my conso!

My 30" Topshop skinny jeans are my motivator. All my other jeans fit me but I only stand a chance of getting in this pair when I'm 12st 3lbs. Even 1lb over & they strain :( Needless to say, I've only worn them once and since putting the 8lbs back on I am dying to get back into them.

My family are my more serious motivator. I hate the thought of my little boy ever having to worry about my weight, either from a health point of view or simply from being embarrassed by my size. Same goes for my husband.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got the hubby to take front/back/side photos of me in bra + knickers. Putting one on the fridge door and going to set one as a screensaver as per the suggestion above.

My motivation has always been health.

I work mainly with men and they are always saying..........'you don't need to lose weight, curves are good' (if they are good why am I single?? lol)

I try to explain that I'm doing it for me and not them..........

I have an underactive thyroid which caused me to gain weight, it is now under control with the help of medication. I also had very high colesterol a few years back, but this has now been well under the maximum accepted level for over a year.
My family is rife with diabetes, I would lose my job if I was diagnosed as Type 1, we have both types 1 & 2 in my family, Blood pressure, high and low, are also present in close family members, along with heart disese.

I know that I have a very high chance of suffering with any of these sooner or later, but by losing weight I hope to make it later rather than sooner.

Having a baby is my motivation.....at the weight I am now I know it would be dangerous.....but losing weight will make it easier, safer, plus I don't want to be a fat mum!!

I have a couple of motivators...

I get married to my wonderful fiance in 6 months and want to REALLY enjoy the day and no be feeling self concious.

After the wedding we hope to try for another baby.( I had a horrendous first pregnancy but this was not due to weight)Being fit and healthy will not eliminate the problems but it will definitely give me a better chance of a healthier pregnancy if i am allowed to do it again.....

Watch this space... I already know for sure that with being on Dukan and not feeling hungry i have NO reason to fall off the wagon!

Stay motivated peeps

xx

To be able to walk for two hours and not feel any pain....
I just did it today..... :giggle:
It feels amazing!

Well my motivation is my wedding on 17th May. We have been together for 10 years and a very happy ten years at that, but my HTB is so lovely that he accepts me however i look. Now its amazing for a relationship but not for my health and self esteem ! Im determined not to look back on my wedding photos with regret - i want to look at then when im 30,40,50,60,70 and 80 and think "perfectly happy" with no reason to think bad of myself . I also need to say that i havent got a dress yet! So thats motivation

First beach holiday ever in July with my pals. Main motivation is to be on a beach without being harpooned/returned to the sea. I'd really love to buy my first bikini but unsure I'll ever be that confident. Also got some rather *****y comments I read about myself (from complete strangers!) online. All their comments about my fat/my bum/me jiggling might actually motivate me to lose it. X

One friend was playing a game with sheep having to run over fences.
She was encouraging a particular sheep with words like that:
"Now the fat one" over and over again till it made me sick and I got angry with her.
( The word "fat" repeated over and over again made me mad.)
It later became my motivation.

Went to try on wedding dresses for the first time this weekend! Thank god i have lost a stone now thanks to dukan. I can now fit in my size 14 jeans i have been hiding under the bed for a day like this! However ... Wedding dresses are fitting me as a size 20! Next challenge - get my body in a size 16 wedding dress!

Also got some rather *****y comments I read about myself (from complete strangers!) online. All their comments about my fat/my bum/me jiggling might actually motivate me to lose it. X

That's absolutely awful!! Where did this happen? :( Poor you x

DeeCe said:
That's absolutely awful!! Where did this happen? :( Poor you x
Just an online forum! Never mind, I'll take delight in reaching tw and telling them how they inspired me/just let them see the change!! Jeans fit again so I'm happy already! 3 stone o go...

Made it known that I'd seen these comments tonight oops! Told them they could pass on that I was 20lb lighter...feels good!

Everyone has weaknesses, areas of their self that could be improved on. Ours just happen to become visible on the outside. Teasers and bullies have yet to even begin to look into their own. Xeili, you're light years ahead of them. They're totally undeserving of any of your time or thought imho.

Back