Move It and Lose It - Pandorasinbox's LL Diary

pandorasinbox

Queen Geek
Hey all!

I've already got a blog for my weight loss, but I thought it might be good to have a diary here too so I can share my experiences with people who have been through the same thing I'm going through! :)

Let me start with my story: I'm 23 and have been overweight since I was about six. Over my life I've done every diet going, from basic calorie counting to Atkins to Weight Watchers with little to no success for the most part. I've exercised myself into a coma and still never been able to make a significant difference to my weight, however...

I DID lose a significant amount of weight between early 2007 and summer 2008 which pushed me down from 19st to 13st. I did this under pressure from my partner at the time and when I put a stone back on when we moved in together (due to eating the same portion sizes, stupidly) he started to bully me about it and I comfort ate myself back up to just shy of 17st!

However, suddenly I lost 13st... by which I mean my ex-partner! So now I'm single and I'm doing LLT for me just so I feel good about myself and have better health. I'm determined to lose the weight and lose it forever now! :)

I decided LLT was the best way to do this after researching all the different diets out there. I know what a lot of my food issues are already and have been battling to get a handle on them, but there's a few I feel I need help to "unlock" and defeat for good. I'm hoping a combination of the counselling and abstinence from food will help me do this!

So through a combination of LLT and a heap-load of exercise I'm hoping to shift a total of 90lbs off of my original weight. I'll be in week 2 of LL as of tomorrow evening, so I've lost 7lbs already (though hopefully another 7lbs at WI tomorrow)! I want to lose at least 70lbs of my total weight goal by Christmas day, which should be doable according to LL's "1 stone a month" guideline, so fingers crossed! :)

I look forward to sharing my journey with you and being part of your own LL weight loss stories!

Last edited:
Welcome Pandora, I am on week 3 and have been very overweight for as long as I can remember. Good luck with your journey x

Thank you Maddie! How have you been getting on with your WIs? :)

Look forward to reading your diary :)

Welcome Pandora and good luck with your weight loss.Well done on your first weeks weight loss
Great to hear you are doing this for yourself this time.
Cathy

@karen0308: Ooooh, hello Karen! I'll see you tomorrow, I suppose! ;)

Hey and welcome, Christmas will be fab this year for you all those Xmas parties with you in smaller sexy clothes! Not that I expecting you to be sexy because you had weight issues before, oops someone tale that shovel off me doh!

Good luck and I look forward to reading your diary xx

LadyT, don't you fret. Except when naked with a person who adores me, I very rarely have felt sexy while this weight. ;) I can't weight to slip into something slinky and flattering for the office Christmas party!

It's my weigh in day tomorrow! I’m so excited, because even if I haven’t lost as much as I think, the weight that HAS come off is still pretty noticeable! I'm less bloated all over and clothes feel looser. Screw the scales! ;)

I finally set my weight loss target in stone today: 90lbs, or 6.5 stone, off my original weight. Now I only ‘have’ to lose 5 stone before Christmas to reach my 2011 goal, but 90lbs would put my weight at 147lbs/10.5 stone and a BMI of 24.5. I might want to get lower than this, but it puts me slightly below the BMI threshold for “overweight”. I think with my bone structure this will probably be skinny enough, but I’m playing it by ear. Once I'm at a healthy weight I won't be worrying too much about things - if I feel good in my skin then I'll stop.

I’ve also decided I will have a professional photo shoot done when I’m at my target weight. This isn’t just vanity - I want it to remind me of my achievement so that I never slip back to my old ways. Plus it would be nice for my folks to have a picture of me where I actually look happy to be having my photo taken seeing as every photo I've had taken since I was a teenager has been sullen faced... not that there are many pictures of me, mind you!

pandorasinbox said:
LadyT, don't you fret. Except when naked with a person who adores me, I very rarely have felt sexy while this weight. ;) I can't weight to slip into something slinky and flattering for the office Christmas party!

It's my weigh in day tomorrow! I'm so excited, because even if I haven't lost as much as I think, the weight that HAS come off is still pretty noticeable! I'm less bloated all over and clothes feel looser. Screw the scales! ;)

I finally set my weight loss target in stone today: 90lbs, or 6.5 stone, off my original weight. Now I only 'have' to lose 5 stone before Christmas to reach my 2011 goal, but 90lbs would put my weight at 147lbs/10.5 stone and a BMI of 24.5. I might want to get lower than this, but it puts me slightly below the BMI threshold for "overweight". I think with my bone structure this will probably be skinny enough, but I'm playing it by ear. Once I'm at a healthy weight I won't be worrying too much about things - if I feel good in my skin then I'll stop.

I've also decided I will have a professional photo shoot done when I'm at my target weight. This isn't just vanity - I want it to remind me of my achievement so that I never slip back to my old ways. Plus it would be nice for my folks to have a picture of me where I actually look happy to be having my photo taken seeing as every photo I've had taken since I was a teenager has been sullen faced... not that there are many pictures of me, mind you!

Hey hun, I think part of my problem when I was bigger was that I actually thought I was sexy, got told it by a special one so that was it, in my head I was perfect! Lol oh how wrong I was though! Over time I questioned why I was unhappy and always came to the same conclusion loneliness and weight, for me they go hand in hand, I also believed that only slim people could be happy, think that boiled down to the special one having a tiny replacement for me! These things happen! Anyway this year I decided thongs had to change if I always do what I always did I will get what I always got! A phrase used on here often, I actually used it for years in conferences in the form of a video clip from blockader but never really took much notice! So this tear I too am looking forward to slinky dresses for the Christmas parties, I didn't go to any last year even though I had tickets! Couldn't face them, beautiful slim smiling girls having photos taken! I'm so gonna be pushing them out the way to get in front of that camera lol

Omg just realised I have totally gone off on one on your diary, sorry! Lol

It's a great step in the right direction to set goals I made myself a star chart.

Loving the photo shoot idea!!

Good luck tomorrow look forward to hearing how well you do xxxx

Love that post LadyT XX

Hello Pandorasinbox's, hope you are doing well?

Think having that Christmas goal is a fab idea, will help to keep you focused.

Photo shoot is also a great idea, think I am going to get hubby to take pics all way through to spur me on.

Have a fab day xx

loopylorns said:
Love that post LadyT XX

Hello Pandorasinbox's, hope you are doing well?

Think having that Christmas goal is a fab idea, will help to keep you focused.

Photo shoot is also a great idea, think I am going to get hubby to take pics all way through to spur me on.

Have a fab day xx

Thanks hun xxx

So just had my WI - I lost 6lbs! This brings my total weight loss in two weeks to 13.2lbs! I'm sooooo chuffed I could burst! Joining the gym tomorrow night too to work on my fitness & hopefully see the weight drop even faster - whoopee!

Fabulous girly, you will soon be dropping a dress size, i big dent in your christmas target now achieved, you rock! xxx

well done
cathy

I think being 5 stone lighter will be the greatest Christmas present EVER! ;)

Absolutely! I cant wait :D

So just had my WI - I lost 6lbs! This brings my total weight loss in two weeks to 13.2lbs! I'm sooooo chuffed I could burst! Joining the gym tomorrow night too to work on my fitness & hopefully see the weight drop even faster - whoopee!

Yay!! Well done you!!

Thanks ladies! I'm really stoked about it! I was back into another pair of jeans that didn't fit very well even last week, so I knew it had to be a significant loss! :D

Back