MrsBurgundy's diet, dramas and diary entries!!

Well, last night was great and Boyd's is a really lovely place!! The building is just magnificent with marble Walls ad chandeliers, and the food was gorgeous!!

But, after all the planning and choosing from the menu, when we got there, it was a different menu!!!

We didn't get any starters as Tom misunderstood, but that was ok!
For main I had fresh river trout with samphire and a lemon and watercress creme fraiche, which was beautiful! A lot like salmon but a stronger flavour! I couldn't eat it a lot but was nice, and then we had dessert! I know I'd said I wouldn't but they had cheesecake on the menu and I couldn't resist!!!! Was utterly divine, and such a tiny portion, so don't feel too bad!! Then we had coffees to finish and had to sprint over the bridge to the IMAX!!! Hahahah!!

All in all, a great night!! What do you think?! Will I still have a loss?! Here's hoping!!! Xxx

Sounds absolutely lovely! So glad you had such a fab time!

If you don't get a loss today it WON'T be because you haven't lost this week - it will just be a temporary water increase after last night and you will have a bumper week next week. I really hope you do have a loss though and get your first sticker - if not, definitely next week! I think you did really well!

Hahaha!!! Me too!!! I don't think it will affect it! I mean, it's not great to have had cheesecake, but i've been quite good with my syns all week, so probably still within range. I don't mind though, it was worth it!!!!

Still looking forward to WI!!!

Anyhoo - as i've forgotten, my diary for today looks like this:

Breakfast: A banana, 1 x Oats so simple (HEB) and Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Super speed soup, with added curry powder, FF yogurt and rice (0.5), to make an impromtu veg curry!! Hehehe!! Activia yogurt

Dinner: Sausages from Joes hopefully!! With Eggs & chips!! NOM!!!! (After WI of course!!)

Snacks: Nutella fairy cake x 2 (1.5), WW Lemon Slice (4)

Drinks: Coffee, Slim tea, Water

Syns: 6

Not doing too bad!!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to make a note to self that the super speed soup is LOVELY with curry powder and yogurt as an impromptu curry!!!
Bloody lovely!! If i'd used my own rice it would be be free, but as it is it's 0.5!! Lovely!!! xxxx

On my way now and slightly nervous!! Haha!

Well, that was a huge let down. I've lost 1 lb. So annoyed! I actually think i stood on the scales unbalanced, tho I'm sure it wouldnt have made much difference. I was just really hoping for more than a blasted pound! Guess the superspeed soup and slim teas arent working after all!! Dammit. I know I went for dinner last night, but I'm just in a blah mood. On the upside I'm getting my bronze award tonight, or have asked to!

*goes off grumbling*

Stupid pound

X

((((hugs))))

There is no such thing as 'just' a pound. You also know that weight doesn't come off in a nice smooth way. When I did ww before I generally cycled between a 1 lb week and a 3 lb week. Next week is your BIG week and you only need to lose 0.5 lbs to get that sticker, so you will be well on your way to getting the next one.

Congratulations on getting a pound of fat off for good!

Thankyou sweetheart!! You're a great friend!!! Without you and OH supporting me I don't think I'd still be as motivated!!!

He always congratulates me on losing a tin of syrup, which makes me feel a little better!! Definitely going to have a focused week, and plan better!!

Thanks again!! You'll have beaten me this week on the 2lb challenge!! Look forward to ur WI!! Xxxxx

Morning! It is a shiny new week and we are going to ROCK IT!

Lets both make it a 2+ week this week :character00238:

I am so pleased that I go to class now. A class officially ends one week and starts another one and I sure as hell needed that this week.

I don't have you beaten this week on anything! I very much doubt I will lose as much as 1 lb this week - more likely 0.5 lbs or sts.

Have a lovely day xx

Good morning!!!!! LOVING your enthusiasm!!!
You're right tho!!!
To quote a brilliant song: "it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feeling good!!!!

I'm not as downhearted about my loss as I was yesterday and, as my C said in class, your body doesn't know it's been 7 days since class and wad meant to lose weight. It could be water retention or anything! As long as it's a loss and not a gain I can't really moan!!

So it's a new start (and a bright, sunny one at that!!) and we're going to have a GRRREAT week!!

Have my new sausages today that I cooked yesterday, and they're bloody lovely!! Think I'm gonna stick to porridge for breakfast, and maybe have sausage and beans on toast?! Although not much supefree in those!! Should have got some soup mix out of the freezer, could have had a sausage casserole type thing!!!

Oh well, I'll figure something out!!!

On the upside I've managed to squeeze into an old pair of jeans!! They're a size 16, ad whilst they're comfortable, o think they'd look better if I were smaller (less muffin top!) hahaha!!!

Can't wait to see your loss when you get back!! Will update all stats and posts at work!!!

Talk soon!! Have a good morning!
Love and hugs xxxxx

Well.....SNAP! I managed a 1 lb loss too!

It just goes to show as well how much class weight can vary with the reality (and I am sure it is more for an evening class) - just look at my class vs home weight loss in my sig!

How FAB about the jeans!! I am a good 7 lbs away from being able to fit in sz 16 jeans. Must feel good!

I think it's fluke hon!! And i think Tesco sizing is a little on the bigger side!! So i probably shouldn't be in them, but threw caution to the wind as it's meant to get grotty later on with thunderstorms and rain!!!

Well done on your 1lb loss!! it's still a great loss!! Next week will be FAB!!!!

Sometimes i do wish i had a morning class, as i always feel a lot lighter then!! Hahahaa!!!

We're going in the right direction, so we'll get there eventually - and we're already a lot smaller than we were when we started this!! In 6 weeks time, we'll be even smaller still!!
Wahey!!!!

Yep, it is a journey of hundreds of tiny steps and all that and I am enjoying that journey with you!

I'm not sure what I will do when I have to swap from a morning to an evening class. The most obvious choice is the wednesday pm group that meets up the road whilst my son is at Beavers (actually would be a more efficient use of time to go to that one now). I guess I have until the end of August to work that out!

I'm enjoying the journey with you too!!! Step-by-step, day-by-day - we'll be skinny minnys befroe we know it!!

Yeah - do a Wed evening class the same as me!! Can have a natter on the way home!! :) xxx

Todays diary

Breakfast: 1 x Oats so Simple (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch: 2 x Joe's Sausages, Rice (0.5), BGTY Coleslaw (2.5) Tomatoes, Cucumber, Spring Onions. FF Yogurt.

Dinner: 1/2 a Lamb Rogan Josh (3.5), Boiled Rice, Poppadom (4), Saag, peas and mushroom (No idea, maybe 3 for oil?)

Snacks: 1/2lb of Cherries, Grapes, 3 x Nutella Cakes (2)

Liquids: Coffee. Must. Drink. More. WATER!!! x

Syns: 15.5?

Last edited:
Just ordered a whole load of summer clothes for the holiday, and just because! I don't usually like Tesco (Mainly because i'm easily influenced and OH dislikes them A LOT!!) but i do like their clothes and they're having 25% off AND £10 off orders over £50 - so i saved loads!!! Although had to go through and work out what i wanted most!!! I started with about £300 worth of stuff!!!!
So excited for it to arrive now though! Lovely dresses and a sunhat!! Fabulous!!
I really want to lose weight for my holiday, and determined to look at least halfway decent in the photos!! it may well be the only time i'm going to be floating on the dead sea, or riding a camel with my OH, and i don't want to look horrendous in the photos that will be the souvenirs of our first holiday together!!!!!

Anyway - here are the clothes i've just ordered!! WOOOH!!!

Tesco1.jpg

Tesco2.jpg

The vintage maxi dress is lovely, but will have to get some kinda transparent shrug to keep my shoulders/neck covered for some things!!!
The leggings aren't for the holiday, but i desperately need some new ones!!
Hopefully they should all arrive on Saturday!! WOOOH! xxxxxx

As Zeke has done in her diary, i feel i ought to set myself some goal deadlines!!

By the end of July
I would like to have acheived both my 1/2st sticker and Club 10 and
have downsized to the 180's.

By the end of August :)candle1:son's birthday:candle1:)
I would like to have lost 2 stone and be down to 170's (Although i will point out that i'll have been in :character00238:Jordan:character00238: for 8 days, so this may get postponed for a while!)

By the end of September (OH & I 2yr anniversary :candledinner:)
I'd like to have lost 2.5 stone, and be in the 160s

By Sept 21st 2012
I would like to be at :553:TARGET:553: and maintaining!!!!

Last edited:
Very nice! WOW that is a big clothes shop! I don't think I have ever bought that much in one go.

Promise me - when we are both at goal we can do a spot of clothes shopping together?!

Absolutely!!! Of course we can!!
I seem to be a binge-shopper, only doing it every now and then, so my shopping sprees tend to be large!! Though my excuse for this one was holiday stuff!!

Back