MrsC999's JUDDD diary

MrsC999

Hello
So I've come on board. Had my first DD today. Was harder than I expected and ended up having 840 calories, but played 1 hour of netball so hopefully that reduces my calories a bit. I'll try harder with my next DD.
For future reference if I end up having an intermediate day instead of a DD then should the next day be a DD?
Thanks
X

I have a headache and can't actually work out the answer to your question but just wanted to say "hi" and welcome! I'm sure someone with a brain will be along soon and tell you what's best.
Good luck!!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Hi gentoo. Thanks for the welcome.
I'm starting my first UP day with a bus journey to work because the Metro's are not running today. Caught the early one so it only takes 1 hour 20 mins.... My phone will most likely be dead before I get to work. With a 90 minutes journey home to look forward to, it's going to be a long day. Pleased it's an UP not DD
X

Hi and welcome, sorry you have a long bus ride ahead of you :(
I answer to your question there is no right or wrong answer, ID are there to control your eating if like yourself you couldn't manage the 500 and under or if you have an event on a DD and you don't want to change it to an UP. So if today was a planned UP and you don't want to chnge your week around then an UP is fine.
Can I just offer a piece of advice though, try your hardest to stick to your allowance tomorrow the success on this diet hinges on the DD's they are the Key. You could eat lower cals every other day and you would lose weight as it will be lower than your usual weekly average. But there is more to this diet than a weekly average count, you want to keep your metabolism in gear and stop your body hanging onto fat reserves this diet does that, so for the first 2 weeks try and stick to your DD allowance as closely as you can , you will then get the full benefits and find strange things happening to your appetite :cross:. DD 's are hard to begin with but they do get easier the more you do, I will get off my soapbox now and let you enjoy the rest of your UP day, look forward to following your Diary :)

Feel so sick on this bus journey. I really couldn't do it every day. Reading JUDDD diaries all the way probably hasn't helped with the travel sickness, but they are very interesting and inspiring. I love Jo's little girl waking her at 6am with a kiss.
My daughter tiptoes into my room like a herd of elephants and asks "is it morning time yet?" and if I say no (regardless of time) then she just goes back to bed :)
.... Unless her brother is already up. Had a CD shake so far to take the edge off my hunger. Seems a waste on an up day, I need to plan better. Can't decide what to have for lunch, just not used to having to mate real food choices
X

I would be useless on a Bus too, I get very travel sick :( I can't wait for the day she goes back to sleep when I tell her its too early to get Up ! But her kiss does make up for it :) Enjoy your UP day its the thought of them that gets me through the DD's x

These up days are good. I've had less than 800 calories so far. Will be able to have something yummy for tea if I survive the awful bus journey home. Think I will have garlic chicken in tomato with mozzarella and veg :)
X

These up days are good. I've had less than 800 calories so far. Will be able to have something yummy for tea if I survive the awful bus journey home. Think I will have garlic chicken in tomato with mozzarella and veg :)
X

Yum yum. Enjoy. DD for me though :( Good luck with your journey home.

Linda x

Hello
So I've come on board. Had my first DD today. Was harder than I expected and ended up having 840 calories, but played 1 hour of netball so hopefully that reduces my calories a bit. I'll try harder with my next DD.
For future reference if I end up having an intermediate day instead of a DD then should the next day be a DD?
Thanks
X

Hey MrsC999! :wavey:

I lurk on another JUDDD forum (and make the occasional banal post there :)) and the consensus there is that you should follow an ID (they call them MDs) with an UD, the reasoning being that you need to be well fuelled for a DD. If you follow an ID with a DD it's quite likely you'll find it a fair bit harder to stick to your DD calories because you won't have had as much to eat the day before and may find you're very hungry! So I'd follow an ID with an UD.

Hey MrsC999! :wavey:

I lurk on another JUDDD forum (and make the occasional banal post there :)) and the consensus there is that you should follow an ID (they call them MDs) with an UD, the reasoning being that you need to be well fuelled for a DD. If you follow an ID with a DD it's quite likely you'll find it a fair bit harder to stick to your DD calories because you won't have had as much to eat the day before and may find you're very hungry! So I'd follow an ID with an UD.

Thanks for that. It is good to know. I have been in the predicament in the week and did actually feel like death on my DD after not eating enough on my UDthe day before. 1500 cals instead of 1891. Causing me to go over on my DD slightly. Could it have been a factor?

My tea is nearly ready and decided to have steamed chicken breast, carrots, broccoli, turnip and mash. But have been snacking while I was waiting and those calories quickly mount up. Thought I'd have some spare for a kit kat later when the kids have gone to bed but think I'll have to leave it till my next UD on Saturday.
It's very sad how excited I am to be having turnip... I've really missed it while do CD
X

Got off the a good start with my DD and only had tea/coffee up until 1.30pm. Then had a ham sandwich with WW bread 130 calories and half a pot of sugar free jelly 5 calories, so far so good...
But downhill since because the food set me off hungry so I've had another sandwich which now doesn't leave me much for tea time. I'll still feel hungry and have had all my milk allowance in 7 cups of tea/coffee... And just been talking to OH who is having a very stressful time at home with the kids which is making me feel guilty for being at work over half term. And am tired due to an awful recurring bad dream last night...
So I don't think I will manage to stay within the 500 calories again today :-(

Got off the a good start with my DD and only had tea/coffee up until 1.30pm. Then had a ham sandwich with WW bread 130 calories and half a pot of sugar free jelly 5 calories, so far so good...
But downhill since because the food set me off hungry so I've had another sandwich which now doesn't leave me much for tea time. I'll still feel hungry and have had all my milk allowance in 7 cups of tea/coffee... And just been talking to OH who is having a very stressful time at home with the kids which is making me feel guilty for being at work over half term. And am tired due to an awful recurring bad dream last night...
So I don't think I will manage to stay within the 500 calories again today :-(

Never say never - you might find you don't need any tea. But if you do, don't feel too bad, just aim to keep the cals below 800 if you possibly can. It took me a while to get into the groove but I'm finding it much easier now. You might need to do a bit of experimenting with the types of food you choose on a DD. It may be that bread was too much of a trigger for you (I know it is for me! :(). Stick with it - it does get better, promise!

Good advice from Lily, I find sometimes that I go past being hungry in the evenings and if it will help have some tea or coffe as the milk is low in cals and I know it helps me keep going. Also I find it easier not to think in terms of mealtimes on a DD, hope you manage to stay low, good luck ;)

I took the kids swimming after work and then made OH fajitas for tea (that I don't like) so have managed on a cup of tea and WW 60 calorie yogurt. I'm feeling the temptation for chocolate now... But think I'll manage on one After Eight if I can find out the calories.

Thanks for all your advice girls
XxX

I took the kids swimming after work and then made OH fajitas for tea (that I don't like) so have managed on a cup of tea and WW 60 calorie yogurt. I'm feeling the temptation for chocolate now... But think I'll manage on one After Eight if I can find out the calories.

Thanks for all your advice girls
XxX

Hmm, MFP says either 35 or 40 calories. Say 40 to be on the safe side!

Well done on sticking with it! Knew you could do it! :clap:

Great thanks Lily X

I ended up having a frozen fromais frais last night but it was only 60 calories so my whole day came to 580, and I did 20 lengths swimming so hopefully that balanced out the extra calories.
Up day today but am going for an Italian meal to my favourite restaurant tonight for lasagne - think I'll need to save all my calories for that. Pleased my weekends are always very busy and I don't have time to think about food
X

That's really good - well done! :D

Italian - yum!!!

Have a great time!

How's it going, Mrs C? Hope you're okay x

Back