MrsC999's JUDDD diary

I've pushed through the hunger by having some sugar free jelly and a cup of tea..
My official WI tomorrow and I'm determined to finally have a loss that takes me under my JUDDD start weight, especially since I joined the June challenge

Good luck to everyone with WI's this weekend
XxX

MrsC999 said:
I've pushed through the hunger by having some sugar free jelly and a cup of tea..
My official WI tomorrow and I'm determined to finally have a loss that takes me under my JUDDD start weight, especially since I joined the June challenge.
Good luck to everyone with WI's this weekend
XxX

Good plan with the Jelly and Tea!

Hope you're ok!!!

I'm sure that you'll do really well! Good luck, take care and have a fab weekend!

Ruth
X

Morning :) I cant get through a DD without jelly lol
Have lovely weekend and good luck for today :D xx

Morning Ruth and stef x

Official WI , drum roll....
11st 10.25lbs Yeah loss of 1.5 lbs
:)

I might try my body fat scales now if I can find where I wrote my original weights when I bought them a couple of weeks ago
X

got on the salters body fat scales and my weight had dropped by 8lb in 2.5weeks which is rubbish. My usual scales are WW and there was an initial diffrence of 0.75lbs in my weight on the different scales. Next time I got on the difference was bigger 1.8lbs and today the difference is 6lbs.... which is rubbish!!

Been back on the new scales 3 times and each time it shows my weight as 11st 4lb so got back on my WW scales and this time weighed 11st 9.75lb which is an extra 0.5lbs loss than before. Got on again and it said 11st 10lb.

So I conclude both scales are rubbish, pleased I'm not going to be daily weighing because they are not to be trusted. Anyway I'll hunt out my previous body fat measurements then posts them here so I don't need to hunt them out again next week. As long as the % body fat is reducing I'll be happy
x

Last edited:
Well done on the loss hun :D
I've found that with scales they can be a nightmare! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done mrsc :happy096: as for the scales I have a strict weigh in proceedure lol, I weigh naked on the same ceramic tile , the scale fits on the inside of the tile so there is absolutely no wobble and had my husband to spirit level it to make sure it was flat !!! I weigh 3 times and the scale says exactly the same thing each time, so I know its a true reading. Maybe find a sound spot get on and off 3 times and if its the same each time thats your weighing spot !! x

Thanks girls.
Strange thing tho this week my UD DD pattern went out the window. Friday Saturday Sunday Tuesday Wednesday were all UD's and only 1 of those being 2000 the rest were in excess of 3000 due to alcohol and meals out.
Monday Thursday Friday DD's first 2 were under 300 and yesterday about 550

I think I will try and have a double DD again end of this week before my next WI and see how that goes
X

Well done on your nearly 2 pounds off! Whoop! :clap:

Scales are ridiculously fickle things. I always put mine in exactly the same spot on the kitchen floor (no good putting scales on carpet) and only take the first reading (unless it's something I'm not expecting to see!).

I've now had 2 weeks where I lost lots by only managing 2 successful DDs - okay, both of those were week 1 type scenarios and I've got a lot more to lose than you, but still... I'm not convinced that double DD is a great idea. Though it might be for you. :) I mean, LOL, I did 5 and half months of DDs once when I was doing Cambridge and lost 5 and half stones :D - but in the context of JUDDD, I'm wondering whether it might be counterproductive.

I'm a great believer in the swing between UDs and DDs - I think it's confusing the hell out of my body and keeping my metabolism going at a much higher rate than usual! Two down days together means that you'll be practically fasting for 60 hours (if you don't eat after say 8.00pm on the previous UD and don't start the next UD until 8.00am. From what I've read, the "putting your body into famine slow down mode" happens around the 40 hour mark. It's also quite stressful on the body. VLCDs work because the calorie deficit even during metabolic slow down is still enough to make you shift 2-3 pounds a week (more if you're heavier).

So what am I saying? Ermm... :) I'm not sure whether doing 2 DDs together is necessary - I think that's what I'm saying. If that means that weigh in falls the day after an UD, there's no reason why you can't wait to weigh in until after the next DD to get the true picture.

Feel free to ignore me completely though - this all just my thinking and I'm happy for anyone and everyone to disagree. I just think (after years of battling with my weight and trying to stick to a plan) that there's no need to make doing JUDDD harder than it ought to be. I'm also influenced to a degree by what I've read about Intermittent Fasting - where some folks say that doing only one fasting day a week is enough to effect weight loss (so long as you don't go nuts on the other days - if you're going to go nuts, have 2-3 fasting days a week, etc ;)).

if you're going to go nuts, have 2-3 fasting days a week, etc ;)).
That sounds like my week lol, I agree with Lily too and am a great believer in the 'swing', I was contemplating 2 DD s or something similar this week as I thought I was heading for a STS or a gain, but I lost a 1lb which I am really pleased about so I am going to stick with what is working. That said I do think that the way our bodies reacts seems to be a very individual thing going by some peoples daily weighs so by all means experiment with whatever you feel works best for you ;)

Morning MrsC and well done on the loss

I also have my WI obsessions - the same bathroom tile and 3 times on them to get the right reading :)

Lily - great post!

MrsC999 said:
Morning Ruth and stef x

Official WI , drum roll....
11st 10.25lbs Yeah loss of 1.5 lbs
:)

I might try my body fat scales now if I can find where I wrote my original weights when I bought them a couple of weeks ago
X

Well done! I put on this week but am not bothered unless it doesn't shift next week. My scales are weird too. On one part of my kitchen floor I weigh 2lbs heavier! I've now worked my way round the entire kitchen to find the lightest weighing in spot!!

Well done! I put on this week but am not bothered unless it doesn't shift next week. My scales are weird too. On one part of my kitchen floor I weigh 2lbs heavier! I've now worked my way round the entire kitchen to find the lightest weighing in spot!!

I've been known to do that. :) After too many years of dieting, I now know the exact location of the perfect weighing spot. :D

Hope you're okay MrsC!

Morning :) have a lovely day today xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon mrsc x

Hiya!

Hope you're ok and that you're having a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Back