MsRSimpkin's Inductions Diary

Tamsy, thank you very much, that's really sweet of you. And thanks to everyone else that congratulated me on losing a dress size :D

Lady, that's a really good tip, I'll definitely try that! I always used to add a dash of milk to my eggs to make them lighter and just replaced it with cream. I never even thought to try it with water, and I imagine it would certainly be lighter and fluffier than using cream!

I won't bother posting my menu for today because it mainly consists of crap! Haha. I haven't "cheated" as such, but we decided to treat ourselves to a takeaway, since it's Valentines. I had doner meat (I know, I know, twice in the span of a few days is not good, but c'mon... It's Valentine's Day!)

Then we lay in bed with some snacks and watched House (yay!). Hehe. I had the usual - pork scratchings, jerky, sf jelly - and sat and scowled at DH while he munched his way through a bag of Malteasers!

Also, I found some sugar free marshmallows in Sainsburys today! They work out at 0.1g carbs per mallow (decent size, not the tiny ones) and they taste exactly like regular ones! I only had 2 to try, but it's something else to keep in the cupboard incase the dreaded Aunt Sweettooth comes to visit :|

All I need now is to find a good alternative to lovely, creamy fromage frais and I'm good to go :)

Morning

Sorry to be the angel of doom but you do need to be careful with s/f stuff (and not just because Jim shouts "Frankenfoods" at you lol) - they can stall you, and they can also - depending on the fake sweetener used - give you awful polytrots, our word for the side effects.

Strangely I'm OK with Atkins bars, but Thorntons stuff gives me cramps, nausea and the runs (sorry it is way too early in the morning to be discussing this, isn't it? :)) and other people are affected differently.

But I absolutely get the "must have something sweet now" craving, esp before totm.

Re fromage frais, what about cream cheese watered down? Never tried it but it just popped into my head now - although it could possibly be the worst idea I've ever had! Feel free to be a pioneer and tell us what it's like :D

Oh, and call me Susie :)

Morning,

yeah FRANKENFOODS!

and ditto the polytrots LOL

Hahaha. Yes, I know why you mean about too much SF products! Eek :|

The first week I think I overdid it with the SF, when I first discovered them, until someone told me about it. But I like to keep something small and sweet just in case I do get a craving.

DH isn't following Atkins, so there are still a lot of 'illegal' foods in the house. I see it as, I'd rather have one small thing when I'm getting that craving, than try to ignore it and end up caving in and scoffing down a pack of biscuits.

Maybe this is flawed logic, but if it keeps me on track, so what? Heheh

Well done, Mrs. You are just cruising! I have been reading your menus (cabbage omelet is one I'll try) and wonder whether you have tried making a mim (muffin in a minute). There's a sticky in the beginning of the Atkins section with recipes in several variations. I made my first today and wow! Great thing to have in case of cravings and very filling. You can make them sweet or not--I made mine with cinnamon and even my skinny husband thought it was nice!

Evening mrs... Well done you're doing really well! X

Ne!!ie said:
Well done, Mrs. You are just cruising! I have been reading your menus (cabbage omelet is one I'll try) and wonder whether you have tried making a mim (muffin in a minute). There's a sticky in the beginning of the Atkins section with recipes in several variations. I made my first today and wow! Great thing to have in case of cravings and very filling. You can make them sweet or not--I made mine with cinnamon and even my skinny husband thought it was nice!

Thank you! I seem to be starting some kind of trend with the cabbage omelette! Hehe. It is very delish, though ;)

I have tried the MiMs but not sweet, only as a bread replacement for a sandwich. It was okay, but I think you need to put quite strong flavours with it, otherwise the eggy ness comes through too strong.

I still haven't gotten around to doing a sweet one, but I bought some cocoa powder to try a chocolatey one. I'll let you know what I think.

Sainsbury's also has some 70% cocoa chocolate drops which are about 30g carbs per 100g (lowest I've found) and I'm going to attempt to make a chocolate sauce to drizzle on top! Or if I'm feeling adventurous, I might attempt to make a kind of lava cake with a bit in the middle of a MiM! Hehe

Morning :)

I haven't tried the cabbage omelette yet, but I am intending to.

Well I just tried the chocolate MiM with whipped cream and a gorgeously velvety smooth indulgent chocolate sauce. That sauce is the perfect thing to curb my sweet cravings. And because it was so rich, I only needed a little bit.

Img_0.jpg

I was a little disappointed with the MiM, though. I thought it was a bit bland and still kind of eggy. I'll try it out in the oven next time, to try and cut out a bit of the eggyness.

In future, if I fancy a sweet treat I'll just have a couple tablespoons of whipped cream and a drizzle of that lovely chocolate sauce. Yum!

I made the sauce with 5g of 70% Dark Chocolate (1.6), 2t water, 2t double cream (0.2), 1/2t butter and a pinch of Splenda (0.2). Chucked it all in tiny bowl, nuked it in the microwave for about 40 seconds and give it a good whisk until it was all blended. It was sooo lovely drizzled over the cream!

It doesn't seem like much for 2g worth of carbs, but it's sooo rich that you don't need much at all. Or, you could use more water for a less indulgent sauce, but more of it. Also, if you're not a fan of dark chocolate, you may need to add a little more Splenda to sweeten it up a bit.

Oh yum Mrs... That chocolate pic looked to die for! X

Morning, that doesn't look atkins legal at all does it. LOL

Hehe. No, it doesn't! Probably not something you should eat every day, but as an occasional treat, I don't think it would hurt! Hehe

Morning :) You're talking to the carb and S/F & L/C NAZI here remember ;)

Well, I royally 'effed up last night! :(

A friend was having a bad day and asked me to go out with her to cheer her up. I couldn't really refuse, but I also got talked into having "a little drink" with her. Bear in mind that I almost never drink. The last time I drank alcohol was 2 glasses of cider and New Years. I hate alcohol, it makes me ill and I'm a nasty drunk!

Anyway, I had a couple of glasses of wine, which hit me like a sack of bricks! But, I'd stayed within my carb limit for the day! So I wasn't too hard on myself.

However, when we got home, I ended up arguing with DH about something ridiculous and he went and stayed at a friends house for the night. While I sat in bed, crying, eating half my body weight in cheese, and then went on to eat a whole tub of pate... with a plastic knife! lol

I must have looked a complete state! But, me and hubs have made up and I just need to put it behind me, carry on today as normal and remember to never let anyone guilt trip me into drinking! Hehe

Morning, oh dear! well the effects on a non drinker must be even worse on Atkins is all i can say.

Back