• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

muffins - leave to cool in silicone cases or not?

S: 10st9lb C: 9st3lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 1st6lb(13.42%)
the last batch i made fell apart when i tried to take them out of the silicone cases whilst still quite warm. I wanted to get them out of cases to stop a soggy bottom (the muffins- not me!)

what do other ladies do? the same or leave to cool before removing ?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 9st5lb C: 8st3lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 21.7 Loss: 1st2lb(12.21%)
the last batch i made fell apart when i tried to take them out of the silicone cases whilst still quite warm. I wanted to get them out of cases to stop a soggy bottom (the muffins- not me!)

what do other ladies do? the same or leave to cool before removing ?
It says in my muffin book to take out the tray when done, leave the cases in the muffin tin for 5 mins then take the muffins out, leaving in the cases to cool on a wire rack.

;)

However, I leave mine in the tray for 5 mins then take the muffins out of the silicone cases and turn the muffins upside down on a wire rack.

it worked!! left them in cases for 5 mins and then prised them out (effortlessly!)

I also left them in 5 mins longer than last time as think the middle was slightly undercooked last time.

thanks! :thankyou:

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
I take mine out of the silicon cases immediately and put them on a wire rack. They've never fallen apart (mine is the oatbran and wheatbran recipe).

S: 9st5lb C: 8st3lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 21.7 Loss: 1st2lb(12.21%)
You do know you have persuaded me to make some muffins tomorrow now!

:D

Can anyone tell me what they use instead of Muller Toffee yoghurt as I have found that I tend not to lose as much if I eat them. :rolleyes:

Ta!

i used fromage frais with 3 drops butterscotch essence

on the next batch i used 2 drops vanilla essence and 3 drops banana essence

(both were quantities for 2 days worth of muffins)

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
Check out the savoury recipe in the recipe section. (No flavoured yoghurt in it, and you can use sweetener if you really want to keep your sweet tooths raging!)