muffins - leave to cool in silicone cases or not?

curvygirlie

the last batch i made fell apart when i tried to take them out of the silicone cases whilst still quite warm. I wanted to get them out of cases to stop a soggy bottom (the muffins- not me!)

what do other ladies do? the same or leave to cool before removing ?

the last batch i made fell apart when i tried to take them out of the silicone cases whilst still quite warm. I wanted to get them out of cases to stop a soggy bottom (the muffins- not me!)

what do other ladies do? the same or leave to cool before removing ?

It says in my muffin book to take out the tray when done, leave the cases in the muffin tin for 5 mins then take the muffins out, leaving in the cases to cool on a wire rack.

;)

However, I leave mine in the tray for 5 mins then take the muffins out of the silicone cases and turn the muffins upside down on a wire rack.

it worked!! left them in cases for 5 mins and then prised them out (effortlessly!)

I also left them in 5 mins longer than last time as think the middle was slightly undercooked last time.

thanks! :thankyou:

I take mine out of the silicon cases immediately and put them on a wire rack. They've never fallen apart (mine is the oatbran and wheatbran recipe).

i used fromage frais with 3 drops butterscotch essence

on the next batch i used 2 drops vanilla essence and 3 drops banana essence

(both were quantities for 2 days worth of muffins)

Check out the savoury recipe in the recipe section. (No flavoured yoghurt in it, and you can use sweetener if you really want to keep your sweet tooths raging!)

Back