Mugshot Warning

ffs! quorn sausages, onken yoghurts now mug shots!! thanks for warning x

I had the chicken 1% one and I might have put too much water to it but the noodles tasted like cardboard! Yuk

My week before last I only lost 1/2 a pound and really couldn't understand why as I thought, I had done everything by the book 100%!
Turns out I had been having a 'fake' mugshot everyday for lunch, not realising I was having extra syns!! I had no idea I wasn't eating the original mugshots, the thought never occurred to me.
It's great to have a site with such great tips snd advice :) x

I have checked with the company (symingtons) and they have clarified that the tomato and chicken mug shot sold in the discount stores are 1 syn. Apparently they are the same ingredients just different combination. They also said that they have less fat and carbs etc. as the standard range but the way the syns are calculated they are classed as not as filling and so Slimming World give them 1 syn.
sweet & sour are still 0 syns and cheese 2.5 syns. You can tell the original ones apart by the packaging as someone has already posted and the flavour names,
tomato & herb - tomato,
Spicy sweet & sour - sweet & sour,
Chicken & sweetcorn (apparently this is a recent change to chicken) - chicken
Creamy cheese - cheese.

I have asked them why they do this as well and they said it is because these stores want to hit a specific retail price to sell at. They said they can’t sell the standard product to these stores at the price they want it.

I work for Symingtons so I'll feed back peoples concerns! Sounds like tosh to me given the fat etc are the same. Let me find out exactly what is different in the recipe spec for you guys.

I posted the reply from symingtons last week - hang on and i will try and find it again :)

ETA Here is is

Thank you very much for your email. You are correct in that there are two versions on Mug Shot out in the market in the sachet form, the classic range and the new range that is available in the discount retailers.

Traditionally we sold the same product to all retailers. Whilst the main supermarkets sell the sachets at around or over the 70p mark the discount stores are wanting to sell on deal at 3 for £1 so 33p per unit. They have been selling at this promotional price for a while and we tried to maintain this for as long as possible. We could no longer maintain this promotion with the existing product range and so we were tasked with developing a range of products they could continue to offer at this fantastic price. This is how the new range was born.

We tried to change as many elements as possible to highlight this was a different product, the brand name colour the colour of the mug, the name of the flavours and the type of pasta used. Unfortunately without any means of communicating in the stores they are sold in it has caused a bit of confusion and we are sorry about this. On the Chicken flavour we are intending to change the name on the classic range to further highlight a difference between the two products. Unfortunately there wasn't much we could do with the flavour name when we launched the new range of product into the discounters.

With regard to the difference in the products, we have tweaked the recipes. The new nutrition values have dropped slightly, so lower fat and energy values compared to the similar flavour in the classic range. Due to the way Slimming World calculate the Syns they regard these now as not as filling due to the slight drop in levels and so have given two of the four Syn values. Chicken 1 Syn and Tomato 1 Syn. The other two have remained on par with the similar flavour in the Classic range Sweet and Sour is still 0 Syns and Cheese still 2.5 Syns.

I hope this goes someway to explain why we have done what we have done and apologies again for any confusion caused

I know a lot of people on here like their mugshots but we found out in group this week that not all the free mugshots are actually free.

The cheaper ones that are available in home bargains or pound shops are not all free. The tomato ones and the chicken ones are 1 syn each because they have to change the recipe to make them cheap.

If the little bubble on the packet with the less than 1% sign in has a black background then they are free, if it has a coloured background then it's syns. This only affects thetomato and chicken ones.

Hope this helps everyone!

I bought a sweet and sour one from home bargains that doesn't have a black background on the 1% bubble and the mugshot writing is black. Does this mean its synned?

I bought a sweet and sour one from home bargains that doesn't have a black background on the 1% bubble and the mugshot writing is black. Does this mean its synned?

Hiya looking at the post from patchwork puss I would say sweet & sour are syn free. Enjoy!

I'm hoping the sweet and sour are as I have loads of them

I have tried these for the first time this week, and apart from one reminding me of soap....I love them, thanks for the syn alert x

Wow confused.com!

Thanks for clarifying xxxx

Back