Mum2Two's Weaning off Exante Diary *Taking A Break*PG 10*

Hey Chazsucks, thanks for taking time to read and reply to my diary :) I have a 17 month old and a 3 month old! I see from your picture you have a little one as well. How old is he? (Is it a he? I'm so sorry if not!!) Do you have any more than the one? Hope you're okay :)

................................................................................

I know what everyone is thinking. I ordered the packs without realising you shouldn't do the diet until 3 months after having a baby. I would appreciate if people could just roll their eyes and me and not post in my diary what an idiot I was starting exante after only a few weeks. I started the diet and had been doing it for a couple of days before I found out I wasn't actually supposed to be doing it. By this time I was already in ketosis and had finished the first few days. After a long talk with the other half, we both decided that I should carry on (after getting through the toughest few days) but if at any time I felt sick/dizzy/light headed/headaches/low of energy etc then I was to stop straight away. I must have been one of the lucky ones to not have any side effects. I don't go around promoting exante to women that have just had a baby, and I always mention the 3 month restriction if anyone is thinking of it. If I had known before starting the packs, I wouldn't have ordered them!! I can honestly say though, being on exante gave me so much energy. I believe this extra energy gave me more time to enjoy my 2 little girls, more than if I had started a different diet until after the 3 months. So please feel free to roll your eyes at me, just please don't post if you have anything negative to say as I can guarentee I have heard it already :)

A total off topic post but....On the 3rd March I had the non hormone coil fitted (3 weeks ago today). I bled for 6 days, and each day it became lighter and lighter. Since having it in I have had cramps pretty much every day. Some days I can hardly feel them, but other days I have to stop what I'm doing to take some pain killers. 2 days ago I started to bleed again, 13 days after it had stopped. I've tried all other forms of contraception apart from the injection and hormone coil, and haven't got on with any of them. I'm praying my body calms down and accepts the coil, we're pretty screwed if it doesn't. The only other option is for hubby to have the snip, but he isn't 30 until the end of NEXT year so they will not concider us :( :(

Sorry for the pointless post! Lol!

No negativity from me - you've done amazingly and am v jealous - but guessing you were not breastfeeding? I only post this so that anyone who is doesn't do the diet while their babies sole source of nutrition is breastmilk - not a criticism in any way just would'nt want anyone to get the idea it was ok to do TS when bfeeding exclusively- my son 19mths and weigh the same as a few days after delivered (hence the jealously!) but you and others on here inspire me to get sorted x

Thank you for the reply :) No, I wasn't breastfeeding. My eldest daughter has a cow's milk protein intolerance so she is in special formul milk to help her develop. She also has numerous food allergies. We were told from her pead, dietician, health vitisor and GP that there was a 99% chance our youngest would have the same ellergies. We put her on normal formula for 2 weeks and from day 1 she showed ALL the signs of colic, reflux and cow's milk protein intolerance so she was put straight on her meds and prescrpition formula as well :) Within a couple of days she was a totally different baby and we no longer had 20 hours of screaming a day. It hasn't totally stopped, we still have around 10 hours of screams a day, but at least this way I can have a couple of hours sleeping at night before I'm up early with the 2 of them throughout the day! :)

You're doing so so well!!! :)

I don't know about that but now I've stopped b'feeding I have little left in way of excuses - 8 weeks till hols so having read your stats know what is achievable - with a bit of will power - the lack of sleep is a killer isn't it and I tend to binge when tired so have recently been going to bed not long after baby - glad you got your little one sorted so quickly

I'm really interested by your diary. I know I'll have to eat proper food again one day :) and I'm really concerned I'll immediately start pigging out again! Your plan seems really sensible. Good luck!

All you need to do is stay focused. I know it is easy me saying that but think of your goal weight and how you want to look for your holiday. I bet if you stick to the diet and keep cheats to a minimum (or not at all ;) ) you'll be at your goal weight before you know it! :) I really do wish you all the best! I know how hard it is to stick to the diet but it will be SO worth it if you do!

thankyou so much -( all going well with restart so far ) - look forward to seeing how you get on the real world of food - and hope your other issue settles down a bit too

Thank you :) I'll keep a look out for your updates :)

Day 5

I enjoyed my tea tonight, and ate it all :D I had chicken, courgette and green pepper sprinkled with cajun spice. It was yummy, but it was a little spicier than I'm used to! Lol! I'll definatly be having that again though :)

STILL waiting for my new pram to be delivered so I can leave the house!!! :(

Mum2Two said:
Hey Chazsucks, thanks for taking time to read and reply to my diary :) I have a 17 month old and a 3 month old! I see from your picture you have a little one as well. How old is he? (Is it a he? I'm so sorry if not!!) Do you have any more than the one? Hope you're okay :)

................................................................................

I know what everyone is thinking. I ordered the packs without realising you shouldn't do the diet until 3 months after having a baby. I would appreciate if people could just roll their eyes and me and not post in my diary what an idiot I was starting exante after only a few weeks. I started the diet and had been doing it for a couple of days before I found out I wasn't actually supposed to be doing it. By this time I was already in ketosis and had finished the first few days. After a long talk with the other half, we both decided that I should carry on (after getting through the toughest few days) but if at any time I felt sick/dizzy/light headed/headaches/low of energy etc then I was to stop straight away. I must have been one of the lucky ones to not have any side effects. I don't go around promoting exante to women that have just had a baby, and I always mention the 3 month restriction if anyone is thinking of it. If I had known before starting the packs, I wouldn't have ordered them!! I can honestly say though, being on exante gave me so much energy. I believe this extra energy gave me more time to enjoy my 2 little girls, more than if I had started a different diet until after the 3 months. So please feel free to roll your eyes at me, just please don't post if you have anything negative to say as I can guarentee I have heard it already :)

Hey Hun I have a little boy who will be turning 2 in may and another little boy who is 6 weeks old... So definitely no judging here about how long after pregnancy you started the diet lol. I think the 12 week thing is mainly to cover their backs incase! I know if I ever felt faint dizzy etc I would stop straight away so I'm ok with it.

Xxx

P.s your tea tonight sounded delicious!! I'm super jealous lol xxx

I hope you didn't think I was aiming that at you, I put it onto the end of my reply to youself because I didn't want to do a new post, plus that way it was all together!

Good luck with your diet! As I said in my previous post, I feel like the diet gave me so much more energy to spend time with the little ones. Hope you reach your goals by your set dates, if not sooner :D

Day 6

Oops, I've been too busy to come on and update my diary. Today my other half was off work so we were out and about doing little jobs. Had to go to the council, Tesco, GPs, Boots, Wilkinsons, B&M, Superdrug, a different Tesco, hubby's mum and dad's flat, Morrisons, back home to pack enough clothes and supplies for everyone over the weekend and then to my mum's house! Lol!

The 2 girlies and myself stayed over night at my mum's house whilst hubby went out to a rugby match.

For dinner, I had omelette and a bit of lettuce.

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and since Sunday I have lost 1.8lbs. I'm happy with that to say I'm having a meal every night, as well as my 3 packs!

:)

Day 7

Today I travelled to Liverpool to see my friend play in his band. I went with one of my old uni friends and we had a really good night!

I had my meal at lunch time today. Instead of having my shake, then bar, then meal and then soup...I had my shake, then my meal, my soup before we went out and my bar whilst we were out.

Lunch was cajun chicken with lettuce, cucumber and srping onion with a bit of ceaser salad dressing. It was yummy!

Had to go home early though (well, it was 2:15am (1:15 before the clocks changed) lol) because I had quite painful stomach cramps that really hurt when I was breathing. The only convenience store open at that time didn't have any paracetamol so we had to go home :( It was a great night though. It was nice to have time away from the hubby and the kiddies. Was glad to get back though :)

Day 8

Today was a long day. I travelled back home after an amazing night with my friends, after a bit of shopping. I got some new purple and black converse, they are so nice :)

Dinner was the same as lunch yesterday. Cajun chicken with lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and a splash of ceaser salad dressing.

We're having an early night tonight because we're all so tired.

Weigh in day tomorrow :l

Fingers crossed for your wi tomorrow! :)

Can I just say your diary is a brilliant read; a great inspiration to me as I have a 7 month old and was really struggling to lose the ridiculous amount of weight I gained while preggers. I really feel like I can achieve my goals now.

I've been doing Exante for 5 days and I have to agree with you on the energy point. I can get so much done in a day now!!

X

Thank you so much for reading my diary and taking the time to reply.

I'm so pleased with the weight I have lost. Having 2 little ones so close together really messed with my body and made me gain so much weight. I've always been slim (I'm ever so lucky and grateful about that) but after my 2nd I reached breaking point with the extra 5 stone I had gained. I feel like exante has give me the kick I needed and because I'm feeling so much better about myself already, I know that coming off onto slimming world is the right thing to do, to get rid of the 2 extra stone. It will take a little longer than on exante but I can totally do it :D

Good luck with your weight loss journey, stay strong and believe in yourself!!x :)

I'm on my phone at the minute, so can't see if you have any stats etc on your profile, but I've found that although the weight is coming off, my 'mummy tummy' is still here, even though it has shrunk, it isn't as flat as it could be. After a couple of weeks on the diet, id suggest starting some exercises just to focus on your tummy to tone it up a little. I wish id have started it sooner..but I've still got time before I reach my goal! :)

Good luck hun, and I'll keep a look out for your updates :)

Day 9 weigh in.......

Loss of 4lbs :D :D :D

I'm now 165lbs :D

Yey!

Back