Munchies and Madness- my food diary.

PhotoGrid_1491757433029.jpg

PhotoGrid_1491757712819.jpg

Super proud of myself for yesterday- we were enjoying the sunshine in our garden and I couldn't be bothered to cook (and fancied pizza!) so I almost ordered takeaway but I didn't :) Having bulk cooking in the freezer is soooo handy!
Plus we are at the in-laws from Thursday so expecting to be eating out/ takeaway then (plus prosecco with my mother-in-law!) They take our visits as an excuse to go wild themselves!!

Sunday's food (09/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. Apple. Strawberries. Boiled eggs. Muller light. Cheetos (3.5syns)
D- Freezer stock quorn and bean bolognese with pasta.

Snacks- Muller light. Fab (4.5syns) Mini malteaser reindeer (3syns) Satsuma.
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Lilt zero. SF squash.

Syn total- 11syns

Last edited:
Oops... Completely fell off the wagon over the bank holiday weekend. Went to stay with the in-laws (who I absolutely adore!!) in the South East and we enjoyed prosecco, chocolate...

Plus Tuesday was my 2 year wedding anniversary! Of course we went for a lovely lunch with wine and pudding!!

Back on it today- can't weigh and find out the damage as the batteries in my scales have died! Will replace them at the weekend!

Today's food (20/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Cheese, leek and ham pasta n sauce (1syn- made with water) Ham. Apple and orange. Lindt ball (4syns) Special k bar (hexb) WW yogurt.
D- 2 McCain jacket (2syns) with cottage cheese, heinz bacon beans (3syns!) and 40g low fat cheese (hexa) Beetroot, peppers, cucumber and tomato.

Snacks- Tesco cheese curls (4.5syns) Satsuma.
Drinks- Tea (2syns for milk) Infused water. SF squash.

Syn total- 16.5syns

A little over but not too bad for the first day back on plan!!

Urgh! Have the sugar withdrawl headache back! A weekend of junk is not good!

Yesterday's food (21/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Bachelors deli box noodles (2syns) Special k bar (hexb) Babybel light (part hexa) Apple and melon. Ham, beetroot and tomatoes. WW yogurt.
D- Fried eggs (0.5syn for spray oil) Bacon. Asda savory rice (2syns) Grilled tomato and peppers.

Snacks- Tesco onion ring crisps (4.5syns) 4 lindt thins (3syns) Peppers. Satsuma. Grapes.
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Infused water. SF squash.

Syn total- 12syns

Today I did something I swore I would never do... I spent £3.50 on the infamous Choc Shot. Mother in law had some when we visited (also a SW-er) and I wanted to try some before purchasing because I've read mixed reviews. I liked it- but then I like really dark, bitter chocolate! If you like sweet chocolate then probably not a good buy!!

Unexpectedly sunny day (was forecast to be overcast but not a cloud in the sky!) So lovely afternoon in the garden with my boys!!

Today's food (22/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- 3 LC triangles (3syns) and marmite on toast (hexb) 4 lindt thins (3syns) WW yogurt. Apple, melon and strawberries. Tomatoes. Orange.
D- 3 asda low fat sausages (1syn) Low fat supernoodles. SW coleslaw (1.5syn for EL mayo)
Pudding- Strawberries, WW yogurt, 10 mini marshmallows (1syns) and 1tsp choc shot (0.5syn)

Snacks- Mini milk (2syns) Pickled gherkins.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (1.5syns for milk) Infused water. Coke zero.

Syn total- 16.5syns

Oops didn't update yesterday- mustn't fall into that bad habit!!

Yesterday I made the fatal mistake of not writing down everything I ate and I went over syns due to a mini flake...

Yesterday's food (23/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Mugshot. Banana. Ham. SW coleslaw (1.5syns for EL mayo) WW yogurt. Special k bar (hexb) Satsuma.
D- Gammon. Fried eggs (0.5syn for spray oil) SW coleslaw (1.5syns for EL mayo) Asda mushroom savoury rice (2syns)

Snacks- Frozen berries with WW yogurt, 20 mini marshmallows (2syns) and 2tsp choc shot (1syn) Mini flake (5syns) Satsuma.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (1syn for milk) Coke zero.

Syn total- 17.5syns

Hi Lisa! Hope you're doing well- you seem to be staying on track and updating which is always a positive!
Your food sounds and looks lovely, the freezer meals are such a life saver. I've still got a few bits in mine though I need to get back into the habit of cooking!
Going to pop over to my diary and do an update, it's been a while... Hope the boys & hubby are OK too xx

Fell off the wagon big time but I'm ready to get back to losing these extra pounds (and stone gulp!)

Had an eventful month- Riley had his first birthday and then we went to Butlins for tots week and had an awesome time! My boys were completely spoilt!

Unfortunately on the way home we broke down on the motorway and our 6 year old car had to have a complete engine replacement :( Cost a lot of money that we don't have to spare but we need a car... Took 3 weeks for it to be repaired (we only got it back this past week!) A lot of stress and anxiety- especially because i went back to work the week after it happened. I have been really anxious about returning to work and had a mini breakdown about leaving Riley when he is having separation issues and not being home to put the boys to bed. Thankfully Riley has coped well with spending time with his grandparents- despite us struggling using buses and getting into a routine.

Things have calmed down now- I applied for a position within our admin department (back office and finance work) and I got it :) So that's made me so much more comfortable with work- it honestly felt like an alien environment because staff turnover in the call centre has been so high, which didn't help me settle. Plus they did push me to get back to my normal duties even though I wasn't ready :( Anyone who read my previous food diaries will understand my work are not helpful with health issues...

Dieting has been towards the back of my mind but I've been on and off for the past week and am starting to get in the mindset! The beautiful weather helps as I start wanting salads!!

Brief overview of my food/ syns for the past week!

Sunday (21/05/17)
Hexb- WM bread. Hexa- 3 LC triangles and milk.
Syns- 2 mikado king, cheetos, 3 mini meringue, 3 asda low fat sausages, spray oil, Fibre one, 1tsp choc shot.
Syn total- 14.5syns

Monday (22/05/17 - green)
Hexb- Oats and special k bar. Hexa- Milk (Costa and Starbucks)
Syns- Syrup in coffees, milk in tea, cheese string, cheetos.
Syn total- 13.5syns

Tuesday (23/05/17)
Started on plan but crumbled as I didn't have anything planned for my late dinner :(

Wednesday (24/05/17)
Had a bad day (both with the diet and emotionally!)

Thursday (25/05/17)
Hexb- Ryvita. Hexa- low fat cheddar.
Syns- 3 LC triangles, milk in tea, spray oil, Fab, cheetos.
Syn total- 13.5syns

Friday (26/05/17)
Hexb- Ryvita. Hexa- low fat cheddar.
Syns- 3 LC triangles, milk in tea, 2 mikado king, Fab, cheetos.
Syn total- 14syns

Saturday (27/05/17)
Cheat day with pizza, beer and Ben & Jerrys to celebrate my new position!

Today's food (28/05/17)
B- None.
L- Tesco pasta n sauce. WM roll with 1 LC triangle (hexb+1syn) Nectarine. Satsuma. Cucumber. Carrot. WW yogurt. Strawberries.
D- Gammon. Bisto cauliflower cheese (old recipe 1.5syn) Roast tomato and red onion. Scrambled egg (1syn for spray oil) Pickled red cabbage.

Snacks- Cheetos (3.5syns) 2 mini meringue (2syns) WW banoffee fromage frais (0.5syn) 2 mikado king (2syns)
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (0.5syn for milk) Flavoured water.

Syn total- 15syns

Feeling pretty rubbish with a cold so food has been sparce. I did some batch cooking (chilli and SW coleslaw) but also suggested a takeaway to hubby! I quickly took back my suggestion and cooked dinner though!

Today's food (29/05/17)
B- None
L- Satsuma (and a nap!)
D- 2 McCain jacket potatoes (2syns) with cottage cheese, Heinz fajita beans (1syn) and low fat cheese (hexa) SW coleslaw (1.5syns for EL mayo)

Snacks- Special k bar (hexb) WW fromage frais (0.5syn) Pickled gherkins.
Drinks- Pepsi max cherry. Tea (1syn for milk) Options (2syns) with mini marshmallows (1syn)

Syn total- 9syns

Back