Munchies and Madness- my food diary.

Had a snacky day yesterday and used all my syns. Went experimental for dinner which was a partial success. The cauliflower cheese was a pinch of nom recipe but I scaled it down for one and I think I added too much water with the stock pot as it was a little wet.
Same with the slow cooker potatoes- they were meant to be crispy but ended up soggy because I added too much stock...

Thankfully the boys are back to their normal, cute selves- I honestly thought I'd need to call in an exorcist!

Riley decided to pull himself up onto his feet for the first time too- he's only 10 months!! Slow down little fella! I want to keep my baby for a little longer considering he is my last one!!

Yesterday's food (06/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. WW layered fromage frais (0.5syn) Ham. Orange. Apple. Kiwi. 2 mikado king (2syns)
D- Chicken breast (1syn for spray oil) Potatoes. Cauliflower and broccoli cheese (cottage cheese, stock, onion and 25g low fat cheese (4syns)

Snacks- WW layered fromage frais (0.5syn) Frozen berries and Muller light. Satsuma. Carrot. 2 mikado king (2syns) Jelly (0.5syn)
Drinks- Tassimo latte (4.5syns) Tea (part hexa for milk) Coke zero. Water.

Syn total- 15syns

PhotoGrid_1488832255074.jpg

Oops! Been awol for yesterday although I was still on plan (kinda!)
Prior to my wedding when I was doing SW before I used to do a lot of green days- I know SW don't acknowledge them anymore but I needed the extra coffee yesterday so I'm counting it as a rare green occasion!
Over syns today but I've been soooo hungry! Just picking all day and considering I'm craving chocolate like crazy right now I'm pleased it's only 2 over!!

Hubby has the day off tomorrow (using the last of his annual leave so has a few short weeks coming up!) so we are planning to do something nice with the boys- including lunch out. As per usual I don't stick to plan when I eat out- I try and enjoy it! So I'm getting my excuses in already haha!

Yesterday's food (08/03/17)

B- WM toast (hexb1) with butter (3syns) and marmite (Boston Tea Party with Riley!)
L- Special k bar (hexb2) Banana. Satsuma.
D- Pasta and low fat green pesto (4syns) with mangetout and baby corn.

Snacks- 2 mikado king (2syns) Satsuma. Apple.
Drinks- Mocha (hexa1+3syns for cocoa) Costa latte (hexa2+3syns for syrup) Tea (1syn for milk) Diet lemonade. Water.

Syn total- 15

Today's food (09/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. 2 WW layered fromage frais (1syn) Apple. Orange. Ham. 2 mikado king (2syns)
D- 3 tesco light choice sausages (3syns) 3 McCain hash browns (6syns) Roasted carrot chips (0.5syn for spray oil) Tomatoes.

Snacks- 2 WW layered fromage frais (1syn) Cheetos (3.5syns) Tomatoes. Satsuma. 2 x apple.
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Diet lemonade. SF squash.

Syn total- 17syns

Been a good long weekend with the family but a bit hit and miss food-wise...

Friday we went to the museum (Reece was so excited to see the dinosaurs but the stuffed animals were a little freaky!) We had a lunch out and I was off plan with a burger and chips. That was all I ate that day though.

Saturday I was on plan- we had a birthday party for one of Reece's friends at a place called Airhop, which is a trampoline park! Sure I burned some calories with that!
The children had dominoes pizza as their party food and there was one for the parents too but I resisted! Pat on the back to myself for that!
I am coming down with a cold though so barely managed to eat a lot (left most of my dinner)

Saturdays food (11/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Banana. Satsuma. WW yogurt. Special k bar (hexb)
D- Tuna pasta bake (onions, tinned tomatoes, sweetcorn, tuna, pasta, spray oil 0.5syn, 25g low fat cheese 4syns)

Snacks- Cupcake (3syns) Banana.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (2syns for milk) Water. Pepsi max.

Syn total- 12.5syns

Again on Sunday I was on plan. We had a day in but my anxiety was going crazy- I couldn't sit still and just felt on edge the entire day.
I did a little batch cooking (made a SW quiche and 3 portions of chilli) to try and keep myself occupied but I couldn't shift it :(

Sundays food (12/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with egg mayo (1.5syns for EL mayo) WW yogurt. Satsuma. Plum.
D- 2 McCain jacket potatoes (2syns) with cottage cheese, beans and 40g low fat cheese (hexa). Salad with free dressing.

Snacks- Cheetos (3.5syns)
Drinks- Tea (1syn for milk) Pepsi max. Budweiser (6.5syns) Fizzy water.

Syn total- 14.5syns

Last edited:
Yesterday I had all good intentions- it was a lovely day, nice and sunny so we went to the park. Only meant to go for a couple of hours and was there for at least 5 hours!
Hubby suggested we had a late lunch/ early dinner so we went to a carvery place. I avoided the chips but had a kopperberg cider (which is about 16syns on its own!)

Back on plan today though! And will be back to updating regularly, as it definitely helps me stay motivated.

Today's food (14/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (3syns) and cucumber. WW yogurt. Apple. Strawberries. Satsuma. 2 mikado king (2syns) Cheetos (3.5syns)
D- Mushroom risotto (mushrooms, onion, stock, rice and 40g low fat cheddar- 6syns but made 3 portions so 2syns each)

Snacks- Apple. Satsuma. Grapes. Ham.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Fizzy water. Water. Tea (1.5syns for milk)

Syn total- 15syns

Starting to get a hang of this batch cooking lark! Hopefully helping any losses as well as I'm not scoffing the entire batch I make!!

Feeling really lethargic and can't shake a cold at the moment so struggling emotionally- up one minute and feel like crying the next. It's draining- which then leads me back full circle!! Catch 22!!

Tried a pinch of nom recipe for dinner- bulking out a bolognese using tinned beans. Worked pretty well and would be cost effective too :)

Yesterday's food (15/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Mugshot. Overnight oats (hexb) 2 mikado king (2syns) Pink n white (2.5syns) Apple. Plum. Orange.
D- Quorn and bean bolognese (carrots, onions, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, stock, beans, quorn mince) with pasta.

Snacks- WW yogurt. Apple. Banana. 2 mikado king (2syns) Pink n white (2.5syns) Cheetos (3.5syns)
Drinks- Tea (hexa for milk) Fizzy water. SF squash.

Syn total- 12.5syns

Oops a bit lacking at updating again but I have been on plan, despite my anxiety giving me insomnia and Riley being unwell and keeping me awake when my body does want to allow me to sleep!!

Poor little thing is suffering badly since he's been prescribed infant gaviscon for his reflux- it's making him horribly bloated :( He's parping and burping worse than hubby but it's not giving him the release he needs.

Thursdays food (16/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Half SW quiche (part hexa for low fat cheese, tomatoes, new potatoes, onion) Special k bar (hexb) Carrot chips (0.5syn for spray oil) Apple. Kiwi. Orange.
D- Pesto pasta (2tbsp low fat green pesto 4syns, baby corn, spinach, mangetout)

Snacks- Pink n white (2.5syns) Apple. Satsuma. Cheetos (3.5syns)
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Pepsi max. Water.

Syn total- 10.5syns

Fridays food (17/03/17)

B- Half an apple.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. Ham. WW yogurt. Apple. Banana. Orange. Space raiders (3syns) 2 mikado king (2syns)
D- Chilli (3syns for Colemans packet mix) and rice.

Snacks- Grapes. Apple. 2 x 10 mini marshmallows (2syns) 2 mikado king (2syns) Muller light.
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Fizzy water. Infused water.

Syn total- 12syns

Saturdays food (18/03/17)

B- Half a satsuma.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (3syns) and cucumber. Banana. Plum. WW yogurt. Orange. Apple. Mini malteaser reindeer (3syns)
D- Chicken stir fry (chicken, noodles, stir fry veggies, baby corn, soy sauce and spices, 0.5syn for spray oil)

Snacks- Mini milk (2syns) Banana. Apple.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (1.5syns for milk) Infused water. Fizzy water.

Syn total- 13syns

Back